ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Best Chiefs roster in franchise history
RunKC 08:20 PM 04-27-2024
Which roster do you think was/is the best in franchise history? And honestly why is it not this years roster?

-Chiefs have the best HC
-Arguably (we certainly think he is) the best DC in the league
-top 3 defense that only lost Sneed and should still be top 10
-an offense with 2 elite speed WR’s (Hollywood/Worthy), Rice and Wiley as a complimentary player to go with Mahomes/Kelce/Pacheco
-top 3 kicker in the league

Unless injuries occur (knock on wood) I think this team is KO’ing a lot of teams in the regular season like they did in 2020. Raiders are getting curb stomped. Broncos are getting beaten by double digits easy.

This team is so loaded man. Can 2020 or any other Chiefs team compare?
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 07:15 AM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The surest bet: Mahomes winning MVP again.

Minimum, 5,000 yards and 45 TD.

I'll be shocked if he doesn't hit 50 TD.

If it happens, it's because the Chiefs are killing clock and grinding down defeated defenses.

He already did this in 2022, but even that season, it was HARD for him, every week.

If no one gets hurt, this is going to be easy. Laughably easy. Teams are going to be giving us yards every snap.
Yep this exactly right. I threw $1,000 on Mahomes to win MVP Friday after the Worthy pick. +600. Will go on a nice vacation next March when it hits : )

4.27 and 4.21 speed. I dont think people understand how much that is going to open up the offense.
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 07:39 AM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Things are absolutely looking good.

Things to worry about.

LT is a question mark.

Injuries are always a concern and Kelce, while still bringing it, certainly looked old at times.

In the NFL, it seems you can always be blindsided by something.

Could use some depth at DT and RB.
Definitely agree. I have reason to be optimistic as we did well in free agency with brown, and in the draft, certainly the first two picks.

I think we have a better team than our last two Super Bowl winners, but will we have a team that had as much luck? I hope so.

And there are definitely some question marks.
If we get Smith back we should be better at left tackle despite him being a year older.

And when we play teams with two elite receivers, we are going to miss Snead.

And the fact that no one has ever 3peated means we are really bucking the odds.

But I think we can do it
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:41 AM 04-28-2024
A threepeat, in the salary cap era? Man. It's hard to believe there's even a chance. If there's a team that ever could, this is it.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:00 AM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I hope we just kick every kickoff through the endzone so we don’t give up any trash td’s that give shit teams a chance.
Conversely, if the new rules give inferior opponents cheap BS kickoff touchdowns, that just presents more opportunities for Mahomes to reach the 5K/50TD plateau again.....
[Reply]
Bowser 08:04 AM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
A threepeat, in the salary cap era? Man. It's hard to believe there's even a chance. If there's a team that ever could, this is it.
Ain't it cool?

It's been a lot of fun watching teams trying to draft (and ultimately come up short) with the sole intention of taking Mahomes down, and now we're watching the league (arguably) implement new rules to give lesser teams a fighting chance against franchises with Mahomes-ian level talent (and there's only one of those).

Mahomes and the Chiefs are re-writing the standards of the NFL.
[Reply]
notorious 08:06 AM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Don't start this shit again, because some thought this of last year's WR corps
This.

I don't figure in the rookies because we have no idea what they will really end up being.
[Reply]
O.city 08:11 AM 04-28-2024
Nitpicking but it depends on fau

May need some more depth at de
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:14 AM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Hank Stram’s team was pretty loaded with Hall of Fame talent.
No doubt, but 30 years from now, this team will be remembered as being loaded with HOF talent as well.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:19 AM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
This.

I don't figure in the rookies because we have no idea what they will really end up being.
It's easy to say this NOW after we've seen a couple of seasons of Skyy Moore, but Worthy is going to walk in here light years ahead of where Skyy was coming out of the MAC and into the NFL. It's different this time.

Originally Posted by O.city:

I feel like we're all going to be pleasantly surprised with FAU this season. Just a hunch.
[Reply]
notorious 08:25 AM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
It's easy to say this NOW after we've seen a couple of seasons of Skyy Moore, but Worthy is going to walk in here light years ahead of where Skyy was coming out of the MAC and into the NFL. It's different this time.

I feel like we're all going to be pleasantly surprised with FAU this season. Just a hunch.
Don't get me wrong, I see a lot of potential and am excited about the rooks. When I see it on and NFL field I will start to get real excitement.
[Reply]
cmh6476 08:45 AM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
They're definitely NOT saying this in Buffalo, Cincy, Los Angeles, Denver, Las Vegas or Miami.
I think he was referring to my comment on the page prior :-)
[Reply]
Cosmos 09:11 AM 04-28-2024
We’re one Pacheco shoulder surgery (he’s already had 2), from watching CEH miss holes and run up the backs of our OL another year.

Proven depth at RB is terrible ATM, and I expect Veach to sign a veteran FA, trade, or even sign roster cuts out of preseason.

As it stands right now, LT and RB2 are this rosters biggest concerns.
[Reply]
In58men 09:15 AM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
We’re one Pacheco shoulder surgery (he’s already had 2), from watching CEH miss holes and run up the backs of our OL another year.

Proven depth at RB is terrible ATM, and I expect Veach to sign a veteran FA, trade, or even sign roster cuts out of preseason.

As it stands right now, LT and RB2 are this rosters biggest concerns.
I like some of the undrafted FAs we picked up.

I do feel like we’ll shy away from the run more and utilize more jet sweeps. However, I wouldn’t mind bringing back Damien Harris. He’s 4 years younger than McKinnon and already knows the system. Plug and play
[Reply]
LagunaSWana 09:57 AM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:

I don't think that's nitpicking at all. With Omenihu unavailable, FAU needs to step it up, big time. But the Chiefs must have belief the pass rush will be okay since they didn't address it in the draft at all.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:14 AM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
2020 gets forgotten to time because of COVID, but we were absolute world beaters that year. Same team as 2019 with CEH pre-injury, Sneed, and Gay as rookies. The only thing that stopped that team were injuries.
Yeah that year we lost Schwartz, Duvernay-Tardif, Osemele, and then losing Fisher was the final nail in that coffin. Then playing a Bucs team with a really good front. They could drop 8 into coverage and still have Mahomes running for his life at the snap.

It also didnt help that nobody could catch a cold in that game and we got fisted by some calls.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up