ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 86 of 295
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136186 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:05 PM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Maybe I'm just drawing a blank, but does Andy run any type of fake screens? I don't remember seeing any.
yes he has a fake TE Screen to a RB Screen on the other side. I dn the play, but i think they used it on Williams TD vs the patriots.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:44 PM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
yes he has a fake TE Screen to a RB Screen on the other side. I dn the play, but i think they used it on Williams TD vs the patriots.
Sorry, I should have said "does Andy run any fake screens and then go deep" like the dude I was replying to suggested.

I think that TD to Williams was just a screen anyway. There's some misdirection with the play action and Mahomes rolling right with the Kelce option in the flat, but it looks like it was a designed screen all the way.
[Reply]
O.city 02:50 PM 05-20-2020
You can't really run anything more than a fake smoke screen and go deep as with screens you're having OL get out in front. That doesn't work very well.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:53 PM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
You can't really run anything more than a fake smoke screen and go deep as with screens you're having OL get out in front. That doesn't work very well.
That's what I'm getting at. In order to sell the screen you've gotta have OL moving, and when they start doing that you're not giving your QB time to sit back there and wait for someone to come open deep down field.

We could try something like a fake WR screen where the blocking WR just fakes going for a block and goes upfield instead, but I don't remember ever seeing Reid run one of those in his time here.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:34 PM 05-20-2020
You know the mad scientist is drawing up some devious killer plays for the "The Fresh Prince of Helaire" involved.:-)
[Reply]
bowener 03:41 PM 05-20-2020
I just want the fucker to be able to pick up a first down when we have 3rd and 5. If he can do that a majority of the times he is asked to, opposing teams will be absolutely fucked.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:03 PM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:
I just want the fucker to be able to pick up a first down when we have 3rd and 5. If he can do that a majority of the times he is asked to, opposing teams will be absolutely fucked.
Shit, why cut it at that more like 2nd and 5
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:09 PM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:
Just gimme 2nd and 4 when it's there instead of 2nd and 8.

Veach was whispering poetry in my ear when he said that the reason they liked CEH so much was that they were blocking up runs for 8 yards and getting 1. It was sooooo maddening because I knew exactly what he was talking about.

Mahomes had to pull us from the fire far too often on 3rd and long because we spent way too much time behind the sticks when we shouldn't have been. You could see yardage out there we just didn't get.

I don't care if the guy only runs for 800 yards so long as those 800 yards were efficient and came in situations that allowed us to be more aggressive elsewhere.

With this system and these weapons, the running game should be little more than an opportunity to set up the passing game for better opportunities. Or maybe a 'break glass in case of emergency' option if the passing game is just out of sorts due to injury like the Colts game.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 04:10 PM 05-20-2020
All respect to Damien and I think he should've won SB MVP in all fairness, having a talented back like Clyde is gonna make this offense insane. It's gonna make the Rams offense of Warner Faulk look like chumps
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 08:50 PM 05-20-2020
I think Damien is a terrific back who is going to begin the season as the starter because he has earned it. Andy has a lot of trust with him, especially in the passing game. Clyde's ability to learn the playbook, his overall growth in the offense or an injury to dwill will determine the level of participation in the upcoming season. Williams is not that old and doesn't play in a run heavy offense. He does have an injury history but he is due for at least one relatively injury free season. He He may be the guy all of next year, especially if it's a shortened or delayed season. I expect a 60/40 split out of the gate, depending on the circumstances of the season.
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 08:58 PM 05-20-2020
That's not to take away from Clyde, I think he's a stud but it's a more complicated and nuanced offense now than 2018 when we plugged Kareem in after ware got hirtt. Especially with the oline being a little thin in terms of depth and experience. I feel like he will be able to do all of the things required of an Andy Reid running back but maybe not get the chance right away because he needs some time with the playbook and some polishing in a few areas. If it isn't a necessity I bet Andy takes it slow with Clyde Frog and he will be a better back for it.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:04 AM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
All respect to Damien and I think he should've won SB MVP in all fairness, having a talented back like Clyde is gonna make this offense insane. It's gonna make the Rams offense of Warner Faulk look like chumps
I thought he should have been it right after the game, but rewatching it you realize the magic mahomes was really working.
[Reply]
gonefishin53 09:26 AM 05-21-2020
Andy and Brett didn't draft Clyde to watch Damien get 1 yard on a first down run play that was blocked well enough to get 8 yards. CEH's final year at LSU was in an offense where he was utilized exactly as AR and EB plan to use him. AR and EB will want CEH getting at least 20 carries or targets per game from start to finish of the 2020 season. The Chief's 5 year plan for CEH starts game 1 of the 2020 season.
[Reply]
Sofa King 10:00 AM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by gonefishin53:
Andy and Brett didn't draft Clyde to watch Damien get 1 yard on a first down run play that was blocked well enough to get 8 yards. CEH's final year at LSU was in an offense where he was utilized exactly as AR and EB plan to use him. AR and EB will want CEH getting at least 20 carries or targets per game from start to finish of the 2020 season. The Chief's 5 year plan for CEH starts game 1 of the 2020 season.
I hope this is the case. Damien is a good backup to have. But CEH is clearly the better starter.
[Reply]
TRR 11:12 AM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
I hope this is the case. Damien is a good backup to have. But CEH is clearly the better starter.
What does this even mean? And who cares which guy “starts”?

The goal is going to the playoffs with a fresh RB hitting his stride. We see it time and time again. Damien’s injury was a blessing in disguise come playoff time. But KC wants to avoid what they went through last year without him.

As long as Damien or Clyde are healthy and fresh headed into the playoffs...that’s the goal.
[Reply]
Page 86 of 295
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136186 > Last »
Up