ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3275 of 3903
« First < 2275277531753225326532713272327332743275 32763277327832793285332533753775 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
suzzer99 12:11 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Thats true for a shit ton of vaccines. This isn't unique.
But thank you CNN for scaring people! Fuckers
[Reply]
O.city 12:15 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It has been tested through phase 2 and 3 for awhile but not nearly long enough. Call me old fashioned but I’d really like to have at least 5 years of data before taking it. I know that’s not realistic, but maybe even a couple years.
RNA tech has been in use for years, cancer treatment SARS 1 etc.

We know the science on mRNA pretty much to the T. What is the outcome that you’re worried about with this? Specifically?

I’m not being snarky here, maybe we can talk this out a bit. I have enough background that with a lot of help maybe we can weed out way thru this?
[Reply]
O.city 12:16 PM 12-09-2020
For instance with this tech, what outcome do you think is going to have such a delayed response and why?
[Reply]
Nirvana58 12:32 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
For instance with this tech, what outcome do you think is going to have such a delayed response and why?
Because there is no data on how this vaccine will effect people 5 years down the road. All current vaccines are not 100% safe. They give you a warning sheet when vaccinating your kids on the percentages of kids having bad reactions. Like mmr can give your kid seizures. It happens to a certain percentage of kids. They have years of data where the parent can make an informed decision.

This vaccine has not had the ability of 5 or 10 years worth of data. You can't just blatenly say trust science. They have been wrong before and hurt people. There is nothing wrong with someone being weary of a rushed vaccine that didn't go through all the normal protocols.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:34 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
Because there is no data on how this vaccine will effect people 5 years down the road. All current vaccines are not 100% safe. They give you a warning sheet when vaccinating your kids on the percentages of kids having bad reactions. Like mmr can give your kid seizures. It happens to a certain percentage of kids. They have years of data where the parent can make an informed decision.

This vaccine has not had the ability of 5 or 10 years worth of data. You can't just blatenly say trust science. They have been wrong before and hurt people. There is nothing wrong with someone being weary of a rushed vaccine that didn't go through all the normal protocols.
For the record, they all went through the normal protocols.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:37 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
But clinical trials can't produce real world results. Only real world delivery will do that.

Some of us aren't interested in trusting ONLY clinical trials, we want to see what happens out in the real world for a bit, too.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 12:39 PM 12-09-2020
Not that I have followed to much on the subject. But has a vaccine ever been developed in released in this time frame? I even remember reading some articles when developing that they were basically skipping a lot of red tape to get it done. Could be completely off base but I personally wouldn't trust any vaccine for my child that hasn't been out for atleast 5 to 10 years. Especially when it is for a disease that doesn't effect their age group.
[Reply]
Monticore 12:41 PM 12-09-2020

all medications come with warnings, and even some meds have been removed from the market 10 years after they were proven safe, so maybe we should have 20-30-40-100 years of data to be sure, how much is enough , even in those cases the meds have done more good than harm.
[Reply]
Monticore 12:42 PM 12-09-2020
Not that I have followed to much on the subject. But has a vaccine ever been developed in released in this time frame? I even remember reading some articles when developing that they were basically skipping a lot of red tape to get it done. Could be completely off base but I personally wouldn't trust any vaccine for my child that hasn't been out for atleast 5 to 10 years. Especially when it is for a disease that doesn't effect their age group.
H1N1 I think has a safe vaccine within a year.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:45 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
But clinical trials can't produce real world results. Only real world delivery will do that.

Some of us aren't interested in trusting ONLY clinical trials, we want to see what happens out in the real world for a bit, too.
Just saying that it's not any different than the process used for previous vaccines. It was faster, sure, but it's not like they waited for 5 years of trials to roll out the polio vaccine.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:47 PM 12-09-2020
When something is the biggest medical priority in the world, all other work gets put aside, and that lets things happen very quickly. That doesn't mean that they cut corners. The trial process was as robust as any previous trial processes. If it wasn't, we would have been rolling out vaccines in July.

Also, these vaccines haven't yet been approved for kids, for the record.
[Reply]
Monticore 12:48 PM 12-09-2020

If it wasn't for science our life expentancy would be in the 30s not the 70s
[Reply]
Nirvana58 12:49 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
H1N1 I think has a safe vaccine within a year.
There has been lawsuits recently about that vaccine and it's adverse effects. Here is an article I was reading the other day on the subject.

https://www.contagionlive.com/view/h...ndemic-vaccine
[Reply]
Monticore 12:50 PM 12-09-2020
There has been lawsuits recently about that vaccine and it's adverse effects. Here is an article I was reading the other day on the subject.

https://www.contagionlive.com/view/h...ndemic-vaccine
I think they had 2 come out one earlier had issue second one was safer.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:55 PM 12-09-2020
When something is the biggest medical priority in the world, all other work gets put aside, and that lets things happen very quickly. That doesn't mean that they cut corners. The trial process was as robust as any previous trial processes. If it wasn't, we would have been rolling out vaccines in July.

Also, these vaccines haven't yet been approved for kids, for the record.
Fortunately for me, I wasn't alive when that happened. It wouldn't have changed my stance any but this is the first time this has actually come up in my lifetime.
[Reply]
Page 3275 of 3903
« First < 2275277531753225326532713272327332743275 32763277327832793285332533753775 > Last »
Up