ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>LNBS: This will end up one of our best WR groups in some time.
BossChief 11:03 PM 06-02-2023
Next to Tyreek, Toney might be the most talented WR we’ve had in a very long time. He’s up there with anyone. If he can stay healthy, he has a chance to have close to 1300 receiving yards and maybe as many as 15 touchdowns. Hopefully our training staff has been able to help with his durability.

Rice is going to end up an upgrade to Juju by game 10.

Skyy Moore flashed the ability to get open almost instantly and outside of punt returns has very dependable hands. I think he ends with 750 or so yards and 5-7 TDs.

MVS is one of the fastest players in the game and teams are going to be putting more focus on the shorter passing game to stop Kelce, Moore and Rice underneath from killing them and that’s going to open up some opportunities for big deep strikes to MVS.

Justyn Ross has been getting a lot of praise, so far. Who knows what kind of impact he could have after having a year with the playbook and his foot testing out very strong this summer. He could get opportunities to shine if one of the top guys goes out for a few games and he shows he can be exactly where they want him yo be.

Richie James is a dependable and underrated player. I actually like his playing style quite a bit and think he’s a good fit here.

Watson had a few decent impact games last year and helped us win some big games. His big play in the playoffs was a great way to start with some energy.

John Ross is very very fast, so there’s that.

This group will also be aided by teams spending resources on defense to stopping Kelce and that’s going to open up tons of single coverages for these guys. Let’s not forget who’s getting them the ball, either.

I honestly think Pat is going to have a 5k 50td season again.

If the group is/stays healthy, he might get close to breaking both records of

5477 passing yards
55 passing TDs
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:05 PM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
I dont see how you can be so high on Skyy Moore. He looks like he's nothing special. Anyway, its year 2, and most players make a vast improvement then. So we'll see....
I agree totally. You have football eyes but many here do not.:-)
[Reply]
Bump 10:27 PM 06-03-2023
MVS: 700 yards, 5 TDs. That's what he brings to the table and that is FINE.
Kadarius Toney: 2000 yards, 25 TDs. Breaks records, he's the star WR that traded for
Skyy Moore: 1500 yards, 15 TDs. He was drafted by my favorite team.
Rashee Rice: 1500 yards, 15 TDs. He was drafted by my favorite team.
Justynn Ross: 1500 yards, 15 TDs. He was undrafted by my favorite team.
Richie James: 800 yards 8 TDs. They know he's getting a little better each year and this is what I expect while he returns kicks as well. Good role player
Justin Watson: 500 yards, 5 TDs. That's what we expect from this man and that's okay. Not everyone can be all pro
John Ross: get's hurt in preseason, doesn't matter because we have 4 all pro WR's anyways.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:35 PM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by Bump:
MVS: 700 yards, 5 TDs. That's what he brings to the table and that is FINE.
Kadarius Toney: 2000 yards, 25 TDs. Breaks records, he's the star WR that traded for
Skyy Moore: 1500 yards, 15 TDs. He was drafted by my favorite team.
Rashee Rice: 1500 yards, 15 TDs. He was drafted by my favorite team.
Justynn Ross: 1500 yards, 15 TDs. He was undrafted by my favorite team.
Richie James: 800 yards 8 TDs. They know he's getting a little better each year and this is what I expect while he returns kicks as well. Good role player
Justin Watson: 500 yards, 5 TDs. That's what we expect from this man and that's okay. Not everyone can be all pro
John Ross: get's hurt in preseason, doesn't matter because we have 4 all pro WR's anyways.
Mahomes is going to go 10K yards and 95 TDs when you factor in Kelce, and I'm here for it!!1
[Reply]
Bump 11:22 PM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Mahomes is going to go 10K yards and 95 TDs when you factor in Kelce, and I'm here for it!!1
It's gonna be awesome
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:56 PM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I agree that it's the deepest group the Chiefs have had in some time and has the most upside they've had up and down the room.

Valdes-Scantling is what he is, but that is a valuable and dangerous asset who can threaten teams deep and force them to plan for safety help.

In Toney and Moore, you have a couple of lightning quick guys who can separate quickly and significantly against man coverage and who have YAC skills. They both need to improve at bending into the right spots in the zone, but have the skills to do it with experience (and have displayed the ability at times in Toney's case).

In Rice, you have a big, physical outside guy who can threaten downfield (making it tough to play single high and rotate the safety to MVS's route), who also is a contested catch star and has displayed an ability to adjust his routes against zone. He also is an asset in scramble drill situations.

Richie James is an experienced vet who gives them insurance for Toney and Moore and could fill Smith-Schuster's offensive role admirably if that's needed.

Watson is a good backup for Valdes-Scantling. Not quite as fast, but big and fast enough to be an issue, and fairly adept against zone coverage and on the scramble drill.

And we're six deep before we get to the Rosses. Each has some skillset that could be dangerous and impactful in certain spots.
Good post.

Not sure I agree with the bolded. Is MVS who he is? Because AFCCG MVS is absolutely not the dude he was the rest of the year. That dude went 6/116/1TD and all of them were tough sons of bitches. Not streaking wide down the sideline. TOUGH sons of bitches. Against heavy coverage because he was it. Dude stepped the fuck up and put on his big boy shorts that day.

If he can be that guy, at least sometimes - that’s not an “is who he is” kind of guy. And the book might not be written on him. Dudes 5 years in at 28. First 4 years were with Rodgers, who I’m not ruling out as a cunt. He’s obviously not willing to do the things Mahomes is to work with his guys. It’s possible he can turn into a dude.

Albeit unlikely. At his age drops probably aren’t going away, but his speed might, so you’re probably right. But I’m not sure I’m ready to close the book just yet.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:07 AM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I think they are below average at it. They just have such talented personnel and the best QB in the world that they can get away with it.

Meh. I disagree. I'm struggling to remember a game when ST cost the Chiefs a game, and yet I can easily remember at least a half dozen games where they were critical to winning a game. Have they made mistakes? Sure, but show me a unit that hasn't. And last year was an outlier.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:55 AM 06-04-2023
I think they are below average at it. They just have such talented personnel and the best QB in the world that they can get away with it.
Yup.

We're still not great at clock management or in game decision making. Everything else makes up for it.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:25 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Tyreek … Toney
Watkins … Rice
Conley … Skyy
Benjamin … MVS
Robinson … James
Dieter …. Watson
Kemp … Ross

What we lose from Tyreek to Toney, we gain back with interest through the rest of the group imo.
Conley & Robinson were productive in the roles they played and have been able to stay in the league. This seems like sink or swim for Ross 2X. I could atleast see John Ross making it because of his speed
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:55 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Good post.

Not sure I agree with the bolded. Is MVS who he is? Because AFCCG MVS is absolutely not the dude he was the rest of the year. That dude went 6/116/1TD and all of them were tough sons of bitches. Not streaking wide down the sideline. TOUGH sons of bitches. Against heavy coverage because he was it. Dude stepped the fuck up and put on his big boy shorts that day.

If he can be that guy, at least sometimes - that’s not an “is who he is” kind of guy. And the book might not be written on him. Dudes 5 years in at 28. First 4 years were with Rodgers, who I’m not ruling out as a cunt. He’s obviously not willing to do the things Mahomes is to work with his guys. It’s possible he can turn into a dude.

Albeit unlikely. At his age drops probably aren’t going away, but his speed might, so you’re probably right. But I’m not sure I’m ready to close the book just yet.
MVS is definitely more versatile than just some downfield gadget Hardman type, but it's just not what he's best at. He stepped up because all of the WRs in this offense need to know every position, and Andy schemed up plays that gave him the better opportunities. He had run plenty of stuff this year lined up at both X and Z, so when he was the only guy left, he at least knew what he was doing.

I'll be surprised if MVS is our top statistical WR by year's end.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:27 PM 06-04-2023
Toney has the moves and speed no doubt. BUT does he have the consistent hands, will he have alligator arms over the middle and will he be durable, remains to be seen. We haven't seen enough yet to determine his game IMO. Just saying.
[Reply]
penguinz 03:40 PM 06-04-2023
The WRs were barely better on paper last season that they are to start 2023. JuJu is a quality number 2 and nothing more.

As long as Kelce does what he normally does this WR group will be adequate.
[Reply]
Basileus777 03:47 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Meh. I disagree. I'm struggling to remember a game when ST cost the Chiefs a game, and yet I can easily remember at least a half dozen games where they were critical to winning a game. Have they made mistakes? Sure, but show me a unit that hasn't. And last year was an outlier.
Colts game last season.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:47 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
MVS is definitely more versatile than just some downfield gadget Hardman type, but it's just not what he's best at. He stepped up because all of the WRs in this offense need to know every position, and Andy schemed up plays that gave him the better opportunities. He had run plenty of stuff this year lined up at both X and Z, so when he was the only guy left, he at least knew what he was doing.

I'll be surprised if MVS is our top statistical WR by year's end.
It would be a pretty poor showing by Toney/Skyy/James if MVS is the top statistical WR by season's end, considering that at best he's supposed to be the 3rd best WR on any team.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:24 PM 06-04-2023
It would be a pretty poor showing by Toney/Skyy/James if MVS is the top statistical WR by season's end, considering that at best he's supposed to be the 3rd best WR on any team.
I agree. That would be bad. I also think it's unlikely.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:36 PM 06-04-2023
Oh wow maybe Im out of touch. I fully expect MVS to be our leading WR. Not sure how Skyy or Toney would ever lead in yards. I think Richie James has a chance but Id bet on those two.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up