ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 488
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112162 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:13 AM 03-15-2022

Pass rusher Randy Gregory pulling a U-turn. He's agreeing to terms with the #Broncos, as @VicLombardi reported. #Cowboys deal fell apart.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) March 15, 2022

[Reply]
The Franchise 10:13 AM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
The fuck? :-)
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:14 AM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
Mother fucker!
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:14 AM 03-15-2022

Same deal for Randy Gregory with the #Broncos as he was to sign with the #Cowboys, source says. Five years, $70 million. https://t.co/GhyC2hAQBX

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) March 15, 2022

[Reply]
The Franchise 10:14 AM 03-15-2022
That pretty much means that the Broncos are out on Jones or Miller at this point.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:15 AM 03-15-2022
Gregory can take his offsides to Denver.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:16 AM 03-15-2022
Would much rather the Broncos have Gregory than Miller or Jones.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:16 AM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Smith is the pass rusher they probably need. then check around elsewhere.

Another Rb woudln't be terrible but I wouldn't pay much there. Need a WR.
Market thinned out really fast.

As much as it pains me, JuJu might truly be the best solution here. Again, almost exclusively based on age.

If we're not going to be shopping for high-end additions, I don't want to be adding anyone older than 26 if I can avoid it. And I'd like to get 'real' 2 year contracts w/ a 3rd year team option of sorts on the back end so we can reap some rewards of that age and then walk away at the right time.

So Reid is a pretty perfect template for the type of signing I want to see. So now it's just a question of finding where the money is coming from.
[Reply]
JPH83 10:16 AM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I didn't have much interest in being terribly active in FA anyway.

I wanted to re-sign Ward, get a S (Reid fits fine there) and get Za'Darius Smith.

I would've liked to see Edmonds but I understand not spending that much on him.

Having lost out on Ward, I think Darious Williams would be an adequate replacement - little bit of a late-arriver though so he may not age as well as many. Very similar style of player to Ward who may come with less term but likely not a hell of a lot less in AAV. I'm probably not terribly interested in him at that AAV but with such a short track record he may struggle to get a market together.

I mean if we're bargain shopping, Derek Barnett would be a good place to start especially given his age. Kyzir White is someone else I'd really like to see brought in. Hate that we lost out on Cedrick Wilson at $7 million per but maybe Gage can be had in the same ballpark.

Arden Key and Rasheem Green are also younger veteran players who appear to be trending the right direction. The Chiefs really seemed to sour on Nnadi but if Bilal Nichols can be had for a reasonable figure I think he'd be a more versatile DT2 here to pair with Jones than Nnadi was.

I mean I guess the short answer is just let the market settle and see what's still standing.
Williams is 5"9" - not sure he's that similar to Ward is he? But agree it was a shame to miss on Wilson, seemed a good cheap fit.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 10:18 AM 03-15-2022
I want La'el Collins more than ever!

We are going to face a gauntlet of pass rushers this year. Protecting 15 has to be the first priority!

We would have the BEST O line in the NFL!
[Reply]
O.city 10:19 AM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Market thinned out really fast.

As much as it pains me, JuJu might truly be the best solution here. Again, almost exclusively based on age.

If we're not going to be shopping for high-end additions, I don't want to be adding anyone older than 26 if I can avoid it. And I'd like to get 'real' 2 year contracts w/ a 3rd year team option of sorts on the back end so we can reap some rewards of that age and then walk away at the right time.

So Reid is a pretty perfect template for the type of signing I want to see. So now it's just a question of finding where the money is coming from.
I guess I'm alone here, but I think JuJu is pretty much your perfect fit here. I'd love to have him.

He's still young, has been playing in a shit system and would fit what we kind of need out there opposite what we have.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:19 AM 03-15-2022
Still plenty of good options out there. Some of the guys that are signing right now are surprising to me.

Plenty of DEs who should come cheaper because of the rookie class coming out.
WR is a little thin but they can still probably get one at a decent cost.
CB is the interesting one. I'd take a shot on Rasul Douglas but Veach may just draft one and roll with that.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:20 AM 03-15-2022
Juju Smith-Schuster
Arden Key
Rasul Douglas
Trade for Laviska Shenault
[Reply]
O.city 10:21 AM 03-15-2022
The pass rush class is playing out perfect for us.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:23 AM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Juju Smith-Schuster
Arden Key
Rasul Douglas
Trade for Laviska Shenault
I think Douglas will get a pretty good deal.

But man I really do like the idea of trading for Shenault. Are there rumors he's actually being shopped or is this just idle Twitter speculation?
[Reply]
Page 62 of 488
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112162 > Last »
Up