ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 25
< 123 456713 > Last »
Media Center>The Curse of Oak Island
Easy 6 04:05 PM 01-13-2014
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
http://www.criticalenquiry.org/oakisland/whoi.shtml
Thats interesting, it denies some of what the show says but confirms others, like the coconut fibers and the fact that there is a layer of freshwater over the heavier seawater.

What I didnt care for, was the statement that "Triton" restricted access to certain areas... are they trying to help get to the bottom of this or what, why would you restrict some areas?
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 04:40 PM 01-13-2014
Originally Posted by scott free:
Thats interesting, it denies some of what the show says but confirms others, like the coconut fibers and the fact that there is a layer of freshwater over the heavier seawater.

What I didnt care for, was the statement that "Triton" restricted access to certain areas... are they trying to help get to the bottom of this or what, why would you restrict some areas?

getting to the bottom = making money
[Reply]
bevischief 04:14 PM 01-13-2014
I have been watching this and been reading about this for over 20 years.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:18 PM 01-13-2014
Originally Posted by bevischief:
I have been watching this and been reading about this for over 20 years.
There seems to be a lot of people who've been following this for decades, I'm always looking into weird mysteries and the first time I ever heard of it was maybe two weeks ago when an ad for it came on.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:21 PM 01-13-2014
Yeah, I mean c'mon... something is weird about the whole damn thing, theres gotta be something down there, something crazy important.
Holy grail?
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:26 PM 01-13-2014
Originally Posted by aturnis:
I think it'd be very hard to do. To see the whole shore of water turn red, yes, but to see a particular spot? I'd think you'd need to be below water to see it, and as murky as the water is, I don't think you'd be able to catch it before you were immersed in it. Not without assistance anyway.

Maybe a infrared camera could detect something quickly, or backlight with some sort of solvent, or hot water and a thermal camera.

Even then, it'd be hard to stop water from getting in. I guess you could pump hydraulic cement in. But with five box drains, just cut off the main shaft. Which is likely just a trench they dug and filled with gravel covered with coconut fiber and buried.
If they're willing to spend enough money, I bet theres a way to do it.

Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Holy grail?
Who knows, but someone went through a LOT of trouble to hide whatever it is... considering the era they think it was built in its something of an engineering miracle.
[Reply]
aturnis 04:30 PM 01-13-2014
If they're willing to spend enough money, I bet theres a way to do it.

Who knows, but someone went through a LOT of trouble to hide whatever it is... considering the era they think it was built in its something of an engineering miracle.
Like I said, the easiest no fuss way to ensure you cut it off is to build a water tight wall sub soil.

It's done every single day all across the world.
[Reply]
aturnis 04:34 PM 01-13-2014
It's really not. Pretty simple design and execution from the info we have so far. Just need time and labor.

Both the existing main shaft as it sits today, and 10X were likely dug in the same way it was originally dig before filled back in. By hand, raising and lowering buckets.
[Reply]
aturnis 04:27 PM 01-13-2014
Give me half a million and I have it in months. It might not even take that much.
[Reply]
lcarus 06:48 PM 01-13-2014
Originally Posted by aturnis:
Give me half a million and I have it in months. It might not even take that much.
Assuming there's anything down there at all. There's a chance there's nothing down there and there's a chance that someone already got to it and didn't say anything. Some tycoon has the Ark of the Covenant as their mantle piece lol.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:16 PM 01-13-2014
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Assuming there's anything down there at all. There's a chance there's nothing down there and there's a chance that someone already got to it and didn't say anything. Some tycoon has the Ark of the Covenant as their mantle piece lol.
how would the beams still be in place?
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 02:42 PM 01-15-2014
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
how would the beams still be in place?
there are differing reports, some say that there never were beams, just "soft areas" where they thought something HAD been.

A lot of conflicting info out there.
[Reply]
aturnis 09:31 PM 01-13-2014
Originally Posted by lcarus:
So everyone who has lived on the island just didn't notice the massive dig going on? It's there. No doubt. From the moment it was discovered, is been a focus of the area.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:10 PM 01-13-2014
They should be able to sonar it like they do for oil.
[Reply]
bowener 07:31 PM 01-13-2014
You can watch this at history.com btw. For those without cable.

I know dick about most things involved in this. I know the lore and all, but I do not know dick about excavation and the like. My question is, why can't they get several large pumps and pump out the well. Now I realize it will continue to fill with water, but it seems like it would be easier to watch where the water in the bay is going. It would have to create some kind of small current I would imagine. If they think they find some sort of anomaly, then dump some dye near that and see if it comes up the pipe.

Last, my understanding about the lore and the theories and such, is that there are several shafts that will allow water into the pit.

Side note: Does anybody think the pit was built as a fools trap to punish the greedy? Sort of a sadistic puzzle to show how greed/obsession can be dangerous. If this is built by religious zealots after all...
[Reply]
Page 3 of 25
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up