ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 220 of 240
« First < 120170210216217218219220 221222223224230 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:52 PM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
No, they didn’t. They were judging him based on bad situations on bad teams with little talent.

You’re talking like the guy doesn’t have a SB ring holding one of the best offenses in NFL history to 14 points (the same way they were). If you’re only going to acknowledge his failures and try to diminish his biggest accomplishment that’s not a “good argument”.

Hence why they were completely wrong.
Precisely this. Spags had a ring as a defensive genius.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 02:04 PM 05-10-2020
When did Reid win a SB?
When the league gave him a player they put in a commercial/s , seen 100 times a day.
His coaching is irrelevant.
[Reply]
PurpleRiders51 03:15 PM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I'm still waiting for a Chiefs fan to tell me what game management entails.

Some of them legit believe it's only about calling plays, and they believe calling plays is as easy as it is on Madden.
Wait, it's not? :-)
[Reply]
PurpleRiders51 03:19 PM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The thing that I hate, and Andy is not the only one who does this, is when it’s the 2 minute drill and a play is made and literally 40 seconds goes off the clock and we have 2 time outs. So then we only have like 20 seconds left at the 40 yard line.

It’s like these coaches don’t know what a clock is
This. Why save the extra time out in the process of burning 20 valuable seconds off the dying clock. Makes little sense to me.
[Reply]
Kman34 04:04 PM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
When did Reid win a SB?
When the league gave him a player they put in a commercial/s , seen 100 times a day.
Bullshit.. Don't be a jackass.. this thread was full of them...
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:48 PM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Bullshit.. Don't be a jackass.. this thread was full of them...
Don't engage him. This dumbass thinks Mahomes is just a dumb jock that runs to his right and throws the ball somewhere . . .
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:01 PM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
When did Reid win a SB?
Dude, Mahomes is a generational talent, but Reid has absolutely harnessed that talent and helped Mahomes achieve greatness in a short period of time.

To say "coaching is irrelevant" is obtuse.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:02 PM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Was he smug AF when we were down 24-0? :-)
I was not. I was earnest and told everyone "Mahomes is going to score 28 in the second quarter. He's done it before, he's about to do it now."

That's a fact. I called that shit. 100%. Twisted Chief and Clay can both attest to that.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:07 PM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
I was not. I was earnest and told everyone "Mahomes is going to score 28 in the second quarter. He's done it before, he's about to do it now."

That's a fact. I called that shit. 100%. Twisted Chief and Clay can both attest to that.
It was actually a pretty good call. Mahomes has led the team to 28 points in a quarter at least 4 times, IIRC, and at least 20 points in a quarter something like 7 times in his short career.

Though I admit, I didn't think he was going to score 28 in the 2nd quarter until we got that last stop and I saw that we had over 2 minutes left on the clock. Then I turned to Scho and said something like, "we're going to go down the field right now and score another TD. Write it down."
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:01 PM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
It was actually a pretty good call. Mahomes has led the team to 28 points in a quarter at least 4 times, IIRC, and at least 20 points in a quarter something like 7 times in his short career.

Though I admit, I didn't think he was going to score 28 in the 2nd quarter until we got that last stop and I saw that we had over 2 minutes left on the clock. Then I turned to Scho and said something like, "we're going to go down the field right now and score another TD. Write it down."
Help me out here. I only recall the Houston playoff game and the game at Oakland this year where Mahomes has led the team to 28 in a quarter. Maybe I'm forgetting. Was one the Pittsburgh game in 2018? I remember a scoring frenzy in that one
[Reply]
Spott 07:28 PM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Help me out here. I only recall the Houston playoff game and the game at Oakland this year where Mahomes has led the team to 28 in a quarter. Maybe I'm forgetting. Was one the Pittsburgh game in 2018? I remember a scoring frenzy in that one
I think we had 21 in the first and would have gotten 28 if the defensive TD wasn’t called back on a penalty against Pittsburgh. Can’t remember if we got 28 in a quarter against SF in 2018, but they did have 35 at the half.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:41 PM 05-10-2020
So I misremembered a bit.

2 games where the Chiefs led by Mahomes scored 28 points in a quarter.

3 games in which the Chiefs scored 35 points in a half.

7 games where the Chiefs scored at least 21 or more points in a single quarter.

27 halves in which the Mahomes-led Chiefs scored at least 21 points.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:53 PM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
So I misremembered a bit.

2 games where the Chiefs led by Mahomes scored 28 points in a quarter.

3 games in which the Chiefs scored 35 points in a half.

7 games where the Chiefs scored at least 21 or more points in a single quarter.

27 halves in which the Mahomes-led Chiefs scored at least 21 points.
That's an impressive group of stars. Thanks for putting in the work to find it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:58 PM 05-10-2020
That's an impressive group of stars. Thanks for putting in the work to find it.
Welcome. There's also a number of games where the Chiefs scored at least 15 points in each half. And a number in which the Chiefs scored at least 20 points in a half. It's very Madden-esque.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:40 PM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Dude, Mahomes is a generational talent, but Reid has absolutely harnessed that talent and helped Mahomes achieve greatness in a short period of time.

To say "coaching is irrelevant" is obtuse.
I think Mahomes physical talents would eventually shine through, unless he was a Cleveland Brown.

But, Reid was the absolute perfect fit. Mahomes is the warm humid air coming up from the Gulf, and Reid is the cool, dry air drifting down from the north. Together they have created the perfect tornado of offense.

I remember the angry, hurt, disgusted look on Mahomes' face when he was walking off the field after losing the AFCCG because our defense collapsed under the pressure, and because he never got to touch the ball in overtime.

The rumors at the time were that he angrily addressed the team and said we were never going to lose another game in that fashion again. We probably won't know exactly what he said until we are watching a documentary about Mahomes like the Jordan/Bulls documentary The Last Dance.

But, knowing he was that upset with the team coached by Andy Reid, I can only imagine the hell he would be in if he had been drafted by Bill O'Brien and the Texans. Can you imagine how he would react to his Head Coach/GM telling him that he traded away his number one receiver? Or any other of the idiotic moves the O'Brien has made?

Mahomes is a generational talent, but Andy Reid is the perfect head coach for his talents, and I think Veach is the perfect GM for his talents.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 220 of 240
« First < 120170210216217218219220 221222223224230 > Last »
Up