ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Royals narrow new-ballpark site search
Jet Chip Wasp 10:38 AM 02-02-2023
https://ballparkdigest.com/2023/02/0...k-site-search/
[Reply]
TribalElder 10:41 AM 02-02-2023
Wonder what city they will move to once this downtown ballpark bullshit blows up in their fucking face
[Reply]
KurtCobain 10:53 AM 02-02-2023
Am I dumb, or does that article not list the five locations the search has been narrowed down to?
[Reply]
myselff77 10:54 AM 02-02-2023
The Chiefs will support their move and as such it will happen.
Once the Royals leave, Chiefs can then benefit by building GEHA 2.0 where the K stands, and use all the space freed up for additional revenue streams and build out year round amenities.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:57 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Wonder what city they will move to once this downtown ballpark bullshit blows up in their fucking face
I really doubt that's gonna happen, we have some of the oldest stadiums in MLB and NFL, we all knew this was coming.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:02 AM 02-02-2023
Royals are lucky we are all in the Patrick era. It’s a huge benefit to getting them what they want, since the Chiefs are in a prime position to get what they want. And that’s TSC all to themselves
[Reply]
oldman 11:10 AM 02-02-2023
I think we all know where that stadium is going to be, it'll be on the land JD Dunn owns east of downtown. But before even plotting the land, the city must obtain a long term lease from the Royals or we're going to be stuck just like St. Louis.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 11:11 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by KurtCobain:
Am I dumb, or does that article not list the five locations the search has been narrowed down to?
I was thinking the same thing...clicked hoping to learn more about the actual sites. All I got was an article that has a DCish angle to it.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:30 AM 02-02-2023
They didn’t disclose the 5 locations because they don’t exist. The choice is already made and they have been and will be securing all the land in the area. Cheaper than if they announced it publicly.
[Reply]
Balto 11:41 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by myselff77:
The Chiefs will support their move and as such it will happen.
Once the Royals leave, Chiefs can then benefit by building GEHA 2.0 where the K stands, and use all the space freed up for additional revenue streams and build out year round amenities.

Will be sad to see Arrowhead get knocked down but at some point it HAS to happen...might as well be for the House that Mahomes built!
[Reply]
Balto 11:46 AM 02-02-2023
I know Mahomes is a very small percentage owner of the Royals but I wonder if he has any voting power or influence at all.

I'm sure he would LOVE to see them move down town so his Chiefs can in fact build a new powerhouse stadium.
[Reply]
Stewie 11:51 AM 02-02-2023
I thought the old Municipal site would be cool. I know it's a park now, but looking at Google maps it's small. New looking homes have been built on the rest of the site. Oh well, wishful thinking. Can you imagine the lines at Arthur Bryant's on game day if that would have happened?
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:57 AM 02-02-2023
Wake me up when they narrow it to 1.

Or when they make a real commitment to winning.
[Reply]
Molitoth 12:02 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
They didn’t disclose the 5 locations because they don’t exist.
They do exist according to my source inside of the Royals org.
I can't burn the source so I can't really say anything else.

I really think they are doing their due diligence here. (And I am one who enjoys the K where it is... it's just too expensive to maintain vs building new)
[Reply]
Ocotillo 12:04 PM 02-02-2023
Fuck MLB. Eventually the Royals are going to cave in and add an ad patch to their jersey.

We are proud to announce @Avnet as our first official Jersey Patch Partner! Please join us in welcoming Avnet to the #Dbacks family! We look forward to welcoming your employees at Chase Field and working together to make an even stronger impact in our community. pic.twitter.com/JzZVfzRq2d

— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) February 2, 2023

[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up