ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Where to watch in Kihei
SeattleChiefFan 12:41 AM 02-02-2023
CP brethren I need some assistance. Our flight to Maui on the 12th is scheduled to land about ten minutes after KO (I know, I know: insert tiny violins 🎻 playing here)

But man, I’ll be desperate to get a car and find a bar to watch the game. Is there a Chiefs bar on Maui? If not, can anyone recommend a good sports bar in Kihei to watch?

Mahalo, and LFG!!
[Reply]
wazu 08:52 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Dude is seriously asking where to go to watch the SuperBowl? Like its on pay per view or something?

Or is this a BRC style humblebrag about going to Maui?
He asked if there was a Chiefs bar or a particularly good place to watch the game. I'm guessing he wants some atmosphere and not just the first dive bar he sees on the road. This is not unreasonable.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:09 AM 02-02-2023
Just pay the price for the nfl app for a month, watch it as you land while looking for a bar. Surely every bar would have it on.
[Reply]
Monty 09:13 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
I'm not including guys who have to travel for emergencies or if your boss is making you for work, but outside of that, why the fuck would anyone travel during the weekends of the NFL playoffs? Do y'all just go along when the Mrs. says when she's booking a flight and you don't check the schedule? No way I would agree to a trip during those weeks. She can plan whatever she wants the other 49 weeks out of the year. Learn to read a calendar, fellas.
Yep, and Mrs. Monty is just as engaged with NFL playoff schedules, so no issue for me.

Maybe you can auction off the wife and start new? :-)
[Reply]
cmh6476 09:19 AM 02-02-2023
I don't think he's asking if it'll be on in Hawaii, you guys. He's asking where he can get close to the airport to watch as much of the game as possible.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 09:25 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
I don't think he's asking if it'll be on in Hawaii, you guys. He's asking where he can get close to the airport to watch as much of the game as possible.
Yeah, but by the time he gets his luggage, the game will likely be in the 2nd qtr. Then, taxi to the hotel, check in and then go to a bar (most of which require a reservation on sb Sunday). He may get there midway through the 4th if he's lucky. If it we're me, I'd just hang out at the airport or the hotel and watch it.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 09:31 AM 02-02-2023
I'd sign up for a streaming plan with dvr and close my eyes and ears until I got to the hotel and then start the game from the start.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:46 AM 02-02-2023
This thread makes me so thankful I am not married. I can’t imagine getting dragged to an island to pay 3x the normal price for drinks on Super Bowl Sunday. Even if the Chiefs weren’t playing-what the **** were you thinking when you booked that flight? You’re going to miss the whole first half and that’s if your flight is on time which is incredibly rare these days. If you can’t cancel the trip, I’d suggest just getting a divorce. No significant other is worth that kind if sacrifice.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 10:48 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
This thread makes me so thankful I am not married. I can’t imagine getting dragged to an island to pay 3x the normal price for drinks on Super Bowl Sunday. Even if the Chiefs weren’t playing-what the **** were you thinking when you booked that flight? You’re going to miss the whole first half and that’s if your flight is on time which is incredibly rare these days. If you can’t cancel the trip, I’d suggest just getting a divorce. No significant other is worth that kind if sacrifice.
Yeah, but those birthday bj's make it all worthwhile :-)
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 11:00 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Yeah, but those birthday bj's make it all worthwhile :-)
You’ve obviously been married too long if she’s been able to brainwash you into thinking that can only be done once a year. :-)
[Reply]
oldman 11:17 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
I'm not including guys who have to travel for emergencies or if your boss is making you for work, but outside of that, why the **** would anyone travel during the weekends of the NFL playoffs? Do y'all just go along when the Mrs. says when she's booking a flight and you don't check the schedule? No way I would agree to a trip during those weeks. She can plan whatever she wants the other 49 weeks out of the year. Learn to read a calendar, fellas.
In the OP's defense, it is Valentine's Day week, so he might be angling for that elusive "around the world" sex from the Mrs. But I suspect he's not a CP alpha.
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:24 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
You’ve obviously been married too long if she’s been able to brainwash you into thinking that can only be done once a year. :-)
Don't forget Steak and BJ day!!!
[Reply]
cmh6476 11:25 AM 02-02-2023
also, PIIHB
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:34 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Don't forget Steak and BJ day!!!
https://youtu.be/Hi039FMWrJ8
[Reply]
scho63 12:32 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
And pay airport prices for beer/cocktails? :-)
Yes, it will be just like being at the stadium. :-)
[Reply]
kccrow 12:49 PM 02-02-2023
This sweet website just came out called Google. You should try it out.

Here, I'll help:

https://www.google.com/search?q=bars...t=gws-wiz-serp

P.S. Your wife sucks for booking a trip on Super Bowl Sunday. That's a sin.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up