ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>alright defensive geniuses, what's your plan for the Eagles?
Chris Meck 06:58 AM 02-01-2023
I thought I'd split this off from the mega thread, because that's kind of the smack talking section arguing with Philly fans and Diqlix's mults.

But all of you Spags haters really should ante up here with YOUR scheme and game plan for the Super Bowl.

Personally, I'd like to see a Hurts spy on every play, but not the SAME spy every play. A mix of Gay, Sneed from the slot, maybe Cook or Reid from a SS type spot. I want a different lurking spy at all times.

If I'm blitzing, I'm coming A and B gaps. Our DE's have got to be mindful of containment.

Probably not a game where you're going to see a lot of sacks from outside unless we get out to a big lead early. Their defense is really good, so I'm not expecting that.

Other than a spy, Just keep showing one thing pre-snap and doing another post. I think you can confuse Hurts. But if he's unsure, he's going to take off, and you'll want that spy to neutralize.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:31 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Hurts injury is an SC sprain. Same injury Hill had in '19. No surgery. Just rest.
I think it's very possible he has a labrum tear that requires surgery that they're calling a sprain.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:51 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:

Don't blitz every down, and don't put des on #1wr FOR ANY REASON.
Alright, dude. I'm going to explain this to you one more time. I think I was about twelve or thirteen years old, watching the Pittsburgh Steelers, when old Coach Madden brought out his telestrator and explained this to me. The Steelers had dropped a DE back into coverage and I was flabbergasted. Why the hell would you do that?! That's ridiculous!

Well, when you send, say, and extra two guys into one side of the line (or at the edge) you're betting that your numbers advantage and unexpected angles can beat the blockers FAST. The problem is, every offense has a 'hot read', or an emergency place to go with the football really quick if you need to.

So defenses that are blitzing will often drop guys you wouldn't expect to sort of clog up the visual passing lane for a second. They're not really expected to lock anyone down, just be a body in the way in a particular area. a small 'zone', if you will. You can't throw it there, because there's a defender occupying that area, which is a principle of 'zone coverage'. You following so far?

When it works, you get a Sneed sack, or a Mcduffie, Reid, Thornill sack. We've seen all of those several times this year, right? Ok, most if not all of those were ZONE BLITZES. Thing is you didn't notice that because it worked. So you didn't see Clark or Karlaftis or Danna dropping back into passing lanes.

Now HERE'S THE CATCH- Sometimes, the QB isn't fooled, and has seen it on tape enough to know what's happening as it's happening and is able to beat it. That's when you see a Karlaftis chasing a receiver downfield. The blitz didn't get home, the QB recognized, and blew the play up. But if you look at all of the secondary blitz sacks we got this season, you'll realize that this type of play actually has a pretty good success rate. We get there A LOT when we do it.

Now, the problem with YOU on this topic is that you keep spouting this line about 'NEVER COVER RECEIVERS WITH A DEFENSIVE END' like it's some absurd, ridiculous notion that is inconceivable. When anyone who actually understands football immediately thinks-'Oh. He's talking about a zone blitz'. It's a known concept if you understand defensive schemes.

So it doesn't sound nearly as smart as it does in your head, and your smug delivery as if WE are the stupid ones doesn't play as smart, either. You're speaking from a place of ignorance and deriding people who understand better than you do.

So stop with that, and don't look so stupid. It's embarassing, really.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:59 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
What? Are you under the impression that Spags is changing defensive calls after the offense lines up or something?

Karlaftis was meant to drop into a zone, a concept that teams all over the league run. Jags just had the right call at the right moment. It's ****ing football it happens. But you say it like Spags intentionally lined up Karlaftis to 1v1 a receiver in the end zone. You know damn well he did not.

Lou Anarumo gets heralded as some defensive savant for dropping DE's into coverage against Mahomes, but Spags is a moron for doing it every once in awhile?

FFS....
I'd have to watch again to be sure, but I remember the safety being late rotating over the top, too. Think the idea was the DE had the short zone and there was safety help deep, but the S got distracted by another key or misread it (think it was Cook).
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:06 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
What? Are you under the impression that Spags is changing defensive calls after the offense lines up or something?

Karlaftis was meant to drop into a zone, a concept that teams all over the league run. Jags just had the right call at the right moment. It's fucking football it happens. But you say it like Spags intentionally lined up Karlaftis to 1v1 a receiver in the end zone. You know damn well he did not.

Lou Anarumo gets heralded as some defensive savant for dropping DE's into coverage against Mahomes, but Spags is a moron for doing it every once in awhile?

FFS....
I don't think he actually knows that bolded bit. Pretty sure he thinks Spags draws up plays expressly to put DEs on WR1s, like that's a thing.
[Reply]
Balto 05:09 PM 02-01-2023
The best defense is Offense! Get up early and sit back and enjoy the win!
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:11 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
I like turtles:-)
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 05:25 PM 02-01-2023
Don't let them score anything would always be my plan.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 05:28 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Don't let them score anything would always be my plan.
This and us scoring are the keys to winning this game imho
[Reply]
stumppy 05:59 PM 02-01-2023
I plan on cussing...a lot. There'll be a lot of name calling, death will be wished upon spags several times. Intelligence and abilities will be called into question. Let's see,.......thats about it. Oh yea, lack of effort will get thrown out there too.

That's my plan for the defense.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:02 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
You beat me to it, but I wholeheartedly agree. The best defense we can have against them is to go up by 14-17 points quickly and force them into a pass first team and make an injured Jalen beat them.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:02 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by stumppy:
I plan on cussing...a lot. There'll be a lot of name calling, death will be wished upon spags several times. Intelligence and abilities will be called into question. Let's see,.......thats about it. Oh yea, lack of effort will get thrown out there too.

That's my plan for the defense.
Prepping for the GDT I see.
[Reply]
stumppy 06:29 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Prepping for the GDT I see.
Chat.

There are times in chat when it feels like a roller coaster ride with Cybil at the switch, but you get to stay for the whole ride.
[Reply]
Bump 06:31 PM 02-01-2023
my plan is to watch what Spags comes up with and enjoy the show
[Reply]
lcarus 06:50 PM 02-01-2023
I think we should plan to kick their asses
[Reply]
MatriculatingHank 07:20 PM 02-01-2023
Best plan: Chris Jones and Frank Clark meet at the QB!
[Reply]
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Up