ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 11
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>alright defensive geniuses, what's your plan for the Eagles?
Chris Meck 06:58 AM 02-01-2023
I thought I'd split this off from the mega thread, because that's kind of the smack talking section arguing with Philly fans and Diqlix's mults.

But all of you Spags haters really should ante up here with YOUR scheme and game plan for the Super Bowl.

Personally, I'd like to see a Hurts spy on every play, but not the SAME spy every play. A mix of Gay, Sneed from the slot, maybe Cook or Reid from a SS type spot. I want a different lurking spy at all times.

If I'm blitzing, I'm coming A and B gaps. Our DE's have got to be mindful of containment.

Probably not a game where you're going to see a lot of sacks from outside unless we get out to a big lead early. Their defense is really good, so I'm not expecting that.

Other than a spy, Just keep showing one thing pre-snap and doing another post. I think you can confuse Hurts. But if he's unsure, he's going to take off, and you'll want that spy to neutralize.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:47 AM 02-01-2023
Make sure they score less points than us.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:48 AM 02-01-2023
Stack the box to stop the run and spy Hurts with Gay. Play press coverage on their WRs and force Hurts to beat you with his arm. Can’t think of a better plan than that, at least in my mind.
[Reply]
digger 07:52 AM 02-01-2023
Stop the run, clog the lanes that Hurts might use, force them to throw, don't get burned long...

Play smart on Offense, long drives, keep the chains moving, 7's not 3's...
[Reply]
Monticore 07:54 AM 02-01-2023
Get a lead .
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 07:58 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Great post, what's the source?
It was posted on a Giants board that said the stats are from the Athletic Football Podacast game preview
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:58 AM 02-01-2023
I know, stop the run. But what's your plan to do so?

I was looking for a little more specificity.

Interesting that Hurts vs. blitz and zone is so much worse than man. Of course, I think our secondary is better at man than zone.

Can we stay in the 4-3 more than nickel, do you think?

What's their TE situation? I actually don't know as much outside of their run game and outside receivers.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:58 AM 02-01-2023
They seem to be a 4 down offense anywhere on the field so winning on 1st down will be key to keeping them out of 4th and short.

Their sneak is pretty much a given and they extend a lot of drives with it.
[Reply]
notorious 07:58 AM 02-01-2023
Hurts hasn’t been tested under the brightest lights yet.

Don’t tell me the Giants and a QBless 9ers team are a test.

The NFC is one big pile of shit, too.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:00 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
Hurts hasn’t been tested under the brightest lights yet.

Don’t tell me the Giants and a QBless 9ers team are a test.

On top of all that I still believe he’s a choker.
Wayill....

we gonna find out.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:00 AM 02-01-2023
Eliminate bad football
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:09 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I know, stop the run. But what's your plan to do so?

I was looking for a little more specificity.

Interesting that Hurts vs. blitz and zone is so much worse than man. Of course, I think our secondary is better at man than zone.

Can we stay in the 4-3 more than nickel, do you think?

What's their TE situation? I actually don't know as much outside of their run game and outside receivers.
I think more 4-3 than nickel would be a good plan here. They have good receivers but I think our secondary has more than proven they can hang.

As for TE, Dallas Goeddert is pretty good but he won't take over a game the way Kelce can. He's probably somewhere in the top 7-8 TE which seems impressive but as you know the drop off from 1-3 is huge and then 3 on down is canyonous compared to the top guys.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:14 AM 02-01-2023
Like a lot of others stated, contain the run and make Hurts throw it. In a shootout, I'm taking Mahomes over Hurts 100% of the time
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 08:15 AM 02-01-2023
I agree with stop the run, but it seems like we're ignoring the most critical element of a successful run game, the O-Line. And the Eagles have the best O-Line in the game, they move at will.

Whats the gameplan for that? Stuff the box? Put in big boy Williams? I don't really know the solution here.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:18 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Eliminate bad football
Play gooder.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:18 AM 02-01-2023
The 49ers game plan was pretty good
[Reply]
Page 2 of 11
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up