ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 16
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>"NFL Coach" says Mahomes Flopped
petegz28 06:12 PM 01-31-2023
Never mind it was a penalty regardless but a "NFL Coach" is mad as heck and stuff...

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nfl-c...ing-field-goal

When Patrick Mahomes was hit late, the penalty set up the Kansas City Chiefs for the game-winning 45-yard field goal.

However, with some controversial officiating throughout the night, the call has come with some scrutiny not only among fans, but NFL coaches as well.

In fact, an NFL coach says Mahomes sold the hit in order to get the extra yards.

"That is what the owners want, $40 million skill players flopping on the ground," an NFC defensive coach told The Athletic, "drawing fouls from chemistry teachers, medical device salesmen and the like."

The coach was referring to the fact that NFL referees are actually part-time employees by the league. Retired official Ed Houchili is an attorney, a career he held throughout his entire refereeing career — his son, Shawn, is a wealth management advisor when he's not officiating games.

Mahomes was tackled by Joseph Ossai at the Bengals' 42-yard line, but the penalty cost Cincinnati 15 yards.

Had the refs eaten the whistle, the Chiefs would have had eight seconds to attempt to get closer (or go for a 60-yarder). Instead, they were right in field goal range, and Harrison Butker drilled it.

The kick sent the Chiefs to their third Super Bowl in four years, and they improved to 3-2 in their last five AFC Championships - all of which they have hosted since 2019.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:02 PM 01-31-2023
Bengals and Chiefs haters were pissed because they weren't getting bullshit calls and the game was being reffed fairly.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:05 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
Got dicks in KC? Use 2 on yourself.
Dude, you're better than this.

Let it go.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:07 PM 01-31-2023
I'll never for the life of me understand why some of you drama queens seek out stuff to be outraged about.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:07 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Bengals and Chiefs haters were pissed because they weren't getting bullshit calls and the game was being reffed fairly.
Yup.
[Reply]
Wilson8 10:15 PM 01-31-2023
Let's take a second to look at the person that created this story and then read what even he had to say about the play.

Ryan Morik has only been working for Fox News as a sports writer since July 2022. He previously worked for the New York Mets in their Ticket Sales & Service and Media Relations departments after writing about high school sports for New Jersey Advance Media. If you read the following statement from his Twitter account, you can tell he is biased, but he still admits that the call was correct.

Originally Posted by :
The refs were in Chiefs’ favor all night, but I don’t get the outcry on the late hit.
That wasn’t ticky-tacky. It was a blatant penalty.
If they don’t call that and Bengals win in OT, the top story is “refs miss clear late hit, rob Chiefs in AFC Championship.”
Time to move on.
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 10:34 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'll never for the life of me understand why some of you drama queens seek out stuff to be outraged about.
Especially during the lead up to a Super Bowl that the Chiefs happen to be playing in. Enjoy the moment.
[Reply]
Iowanian 10:47 PM 01-31-2023
Mahomes definitely flopped.

He 100% flopped his massive superbowl champion cock across the face of Cincinnati.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:21 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Late hit..........Yes

Exaggerated flop.......... yes

Win............ yes
I said this in another thread. Watch it in FN slow-mo, and focus on his heel.

Mahomes wasn't going down until his heel gets clipped. There is no way he could have stayed upright at that point.

The thought that a man with a $503 million dollar contract would throw himself down on the shoulder responsible for that contract is stupid and ridiculous.

Mahomes would never take a flop like that. Would he sell contact on a hit in the pocket, or near the LOS? Yeah, but he would not throw himself down on his throwing shoulder.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
[Reply]
straycash 02:14 AM 02-01-2023
Flopping is a part of the game, Pat is smart, he would know when to pull such a move, unlike whatever Burrough attempted
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:39 AM 02-01-2023
I remember Bryan Barker doing Oscar Award esq flops to draw a flag roughing the kicker and sometimes I don't think he was even touched. That was always fun to watch.

So Bungles can fake penalties that's OK but flop after getting shoved two yards out of bounds that's not ok. Gotcha fuckin hypocrites.

God more salty tears :-)
[Reply]
kcclone 05:33 AM 02-01-2023
That late hit is called 100% of the time the rest of the game. Why the F would it not be called in the final minute?
[Reply]
spanky 52 05:38 AM 02-01-2023
Fuck that NFC coach.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 05:40 AM 02-01-2023
I don't care if he flopped, flipped, flapped or fapped. It was 110% worth the flag.
[Reply]
kcpasco 05:42 AM 02-01-2023
Always so much crying when we win. OT rules and now penalties.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:05 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Let's take a second to look at the person that created this story and then read what even he had to say about the play.

Ryan Morik has only been working for Fox News as a sports writer since July 2022. He previously worked for the New York Mets in their Ticket Sales & Service and Media Relations departments after writing about high school sports for New Jersey Advance Media. If you read the following statement from his Twitter account, you can tell he is biased, but he still admits that the call was correct.

Time to move on.
It isn’t just him. At least I’m the Twitter verse there are tons of people who think the call was bullshit and that mahomes flopped. Which is bizarre for a call that is made 1 million times out of 10. It is about as textbook as it gets.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 16
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up