ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 16
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>"NFL Coach" says Mahomes Flopped
petegz28 06:12 PM 01-31-2023
Never mind it was a penalty regardless but a "NFL Coach" is mad as heck and stuff...

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nfl-c...ing-field-goal

When Patrick Mahomes was hit late, the penalty set up the Kansas City Chiefs for the game-winning 45-yard field goal.

However, with some controversial officiating throughout the night, the call has come with some scrutiny not only among fans, but NFL coaches as well.

In fact, an NFL coach says Mahomes sold the hit in order to get the extra yards.

"That is what the owners want, $40 million skill players flopping on the ground," an NFC defensive coach told The Athletic, "drawing fouls from chemistry teachers, medical device salesmen and the like."

The coach was referring to the fact that NFL referees are actually part-time employees by the league. Retired official Ed Houchili is an attorney, a career he held throughout his entire refereeing career — his son, Shawn, is a wealth management advisor when he's not officiating games.

Mahomes was tackled by Joseph Ossai at the Bengals' 42-yard line, but the penalty cost Cincinnati 15 yards.

Had the refs eaten the whistle, the Chiefs would have had eight seconds to attempt to get closer (or go for a 60-yarder). Instead, they were right in field goal range, and Harrison Butker drilled it.

The kick sent the Chiefs to their third Super Bowl in four years, and they improved to 3-2 in their last five AFC Championships - all of which they have hosted since 2019.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 07:58 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
My man's dropped to the deck and flopped like a fish like he was watching SpongeBob. Super smart move.
Yep.

Time to play 'who cares, all refs suck, game's over, time to move on'.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 07:59 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
So what else did Zac Taylor say?
I don't find this amusing! :-)
[Reply]
rfaulk34 08:06 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
The petty bullshit is only beginning, folks. Watch the AFC championship go to KC a sixth time next season and the gloves will come off.
Stop it. You all blew your load, hard, in the first quarter and came out with a whopping 6 pts. Then won on a last second field goal after being so frothy all week.

By the skiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin of your teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeth.

Next year you're coming to Cincy for the CG and you're getting your ass handed to you on a silver platter, which Zac Taylor will use pregame to eat a heap of Skyline Chili.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:07 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
it sucks for Ossai but he pushed Mahomes after he was clearly oob. we've been called for it, everyone gets called for it. maybe if he just bumped him it wouldn't be a penalty but the play was over
That gets called 10/10 times. Those upset with it are mad because it happened to benefit KC. I would bet money that those upset with it would have been demanding that call be made if it was Burrow.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 08:08 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Just watched it again, there was no “block in the back”‘on skyy punt return. They bengal running slows down when sky cuts, and the chief right behind him runs into him and holds his arms up trying not to touch him

They’re never calling that nonsense. And - it was right infront of Cinci sideline, and replays showed no complaining by them. If the refs missed it so did they
There were 2 but who gives a fuck. The game is over. You just look incredibly stupid for denying it.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:11 PM 01-31-2023
So guy with bum ankle...has no where to fall but forward when impacted. Its physics
[Reply]
rfaulk34 08:11 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
What’s truly ridiculous?

You’ve got parts of this fan base that want to donate to a charity that Ossai runs because he’s “going through some shit right now”.

****ing what!? This dude just hit your generational QB late. **** him and **** his charity.
This is why you're a despicable POS. You should search for a real life so you don't need to live so vicariously through your favorite football team.

Look around this place. You'll find some good people whose example you can follow.
[Reply]
Spott 08:11 PM 01-31-2023
We were actually in Butker’s range before that penalty. It would have been a 59 yarder from there, which is 3 yards shorter than his longest kick this season. We still had 8 seconds left to get closer, and we all saw what Mahomes did with 8 seconds last year, so it’s not like the penalty sealed the deal. Butker and Mahomes were taking us to the promised land with our without that penalty(which absolutely 100 percent was the right call).
[Reply]
Frazod 08:13 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Flop or not, it was still a penalty.
I just don't understand how anybody could think it was. From the back angle, you could clearly see the shove, and Pat, who was already off balance, affected by it. He didn't see it coming or have a chance to react to it. He just went down.

Rage and frustration really makes people stupid.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 08:13 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
it sucks for Ossai but he pushed Mahomes after he was clearly oob. we've been called for it, everyone gets called for it. maybe if he just bumped him it wouldn't be a penalty but the play was over
Yep. The push was probably enough to send him to the ground, but the tangled feet is what make the fall harder.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:15 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
Stop it. You all blew your load, hard, in the first quarter and came out with a whopping 6 pts. Then won on a last second field goal after being so frothy all week.

By the skiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin of your teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeth.

Next year you're coming to Cincy for the CG and you're getting your ass handed to you on a silver platter, which Zac Taylor will use pregame to eat a heap of Skyline Chili.
KC also played five rookies on defense and were down to rookie WR, a FA WR known for dropping passes, a practice squad call up and a two time MVP on a bum ankle and still won. Your team with "Joe Cool", two #1 WRs, a top 15 TE, two solid RBs could only generate 20 points against a defense that played five rookies and was without their 2nd best LB and their best CB.

Now is it possible that the AFCCG goes through Cincinnati next year? Sure. Nothing is guaranteed and at some point in Mahomes career he will have to go on the road in the playoffs. Injuries can happen as well. I will say though with how KC manages the cap and how well they draft the smart money will be on KC hosting it more times than any other AFC team over the next 10 years. KC's future is bright and getting brighter every year despite never being a preseason SB champ.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:16 PM 01-31-2023
This is why you're a despicable POS. You should search for a real life so you don't need to live so vicariously through your favorite football team.

Look around this place. You'll find some good people whose example you can follow.
Got guns in Cincy? Use one on yourself.
[Reply]
Spott 08:16 PM 01-31-2023

Coming from some loser dickbag like yourself that trolls our board, this means nothing to any of us here. Being a mod at that other board, I guarantee you ban every other team’s fans that talk half the shit that you do here. Take your sour grapes and shove them up your hypocritical ass.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:17 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I just don't understand how anybody could think it was. From the back angle, you could clearly see the shove, and Pat, who was already off balance, affected by it. He didn't see it coming or have a chance to react to it. He just went down.

Rage and frustration really makes people stupid.
Oh I agree. Just highlighting that the ridiculous argument that he flopped is irrelevant as it was still a penalty.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 08:21 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
KC also played five rookies on defense and were down to rookie WR, a FA WR known for dropping passes, a practice squad call up and a two time MVP on a bum ankle and still won. Your team with "Joe Cool", two #1 WRs, a top 15 TE, two solid RBs could only generate 20 points against a defense that played five rookies and was without their 2nd best LB and their best CB. Gotta have an Oline to block a really good Dline.

Now is it possible that the AFCCG goes through Cincinnati next year? Sure. Nothing is guaranteed and at some point in Mahomes career he will have to go on the road in the playoffs. Injuries can happen as well. I will say though with how KC manages the cap and how well they draft the smart money will be on KC hosting it more times than any other AFC team over the next 10 years. KC's future is bright and getting brighter every year despite never being a preseason SB champ.
Oh, damn... i thought i was replying to someone else who hasn't been too shy in giving me lots of shit. Anyway, i was going to say, don't take shit talk that i give to shitheads too seriously, but he wasn't the shithead i thought i was talking to. May not even be a shithead at all. :-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 16
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up