ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 16
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>"NFL Coach" says Mahomes Flopped
petegz28 06:12 PM 01-31-2023
Never mind it was a penalty regardless but a "NFL Coach" is mad as heck and stuff...

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nfl-c...ing-field-goal

When Patrick Mahomes was hit late, the penalty set up the Kansas City Chiefs for the game-winning 45-yard field goal.

However, with some controversial officiating throughout the night, the call has come with some scrutiny not only among fans, but NFL coaches as well.

In fact, an NFL coach says Mahomes sold the hit in order to get the extra yards.

"That is what the owners want, $40 million skill players flopping on the ground," an NFC defensive coach told The Athletic, "drawing fouls from chemistry teachers, medical device salesmen and the like."

The coach was referring to the fact that NFL referees are actually part-time employees by the league. Retired official Ed Houchili is an attorney, a career he held throughout his entire refereeing career — his son, Shawn, is a wealth management advisor when he's not officiating games.

Mahomes was tackled by Joseph Ossai at the Bengals' 42-yard line, but the penalty cost Cincinnati 15 yards.

Had the refs eaten the whistle, the Chiefs would have had eight seconds to attempt to get closer (or go for a 60-yarder). Instead, they were right in field goal range, and Harrison Butker drilled it.

The kick sent the Chiefs to their third Super Bowl in four years, and they improved to 3-2 in their last five AFC Championships - all of which they have hosted since 2019.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:52 PM 01-31-2023
Lol, how about Burrow's flop when Frank pushed him in the chest? Joe absorbed it, then remembered he could draw a flag, skips backwards two steps and flops backwards, calling for a flag as he's falling.

QBs these days flop all the time. I hate it, but it's the league we have. It didn't look like a flop when Mahomes was shoved towards the benches, but if he did, good for him.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:52 PM 01-31-2023
the great ones flop

[Reply]
The Franchise 06:53 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It was a split second decision, yes it was.

In that split second, your dumb, unaware Bengals defender decided he wanted to push a superstar, injured Qb while he was already out of bounds, thus costing his team the game.

In that same split second, our brilliant superstar Qb had the intelligence and awareness to hard sell what was already a penalty, to make sure that flag got thrown, thus putting his team in a position to win the game.

One player was smart.

One was dumb.

That's why one is a superstar and the other isn't.

Fucking deal with it.
What’s truly ridiculous?

You’ve got parts of this fan base that want to donate to a charity that Ossai runs because he’s “going through some shit right now”.

Fucking what!? This dude just hit your generational QB late. Fuck him and fuck his charity.
[Reply]
ChiTown 06:53 PM 01-31-2023
Whenever you see anything generic like “unnamed NFL Coach”, just assume it’s complete BS. This is fucking laughable
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:54 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Wanna say he flopped? Okay.

He flopped because these assholes refuse to call anything late when he gets hit. Doesn’t matter how blatant it is. So I’m glad he fucking flopped.

Cry some more, bitches.
:-) Exactly. Why were y'all so mean to me when I pointed this out yesterday. It made me very sad.
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:55 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Exactly. Why were y'all so mean to me when I pointed this out yesterday. It made me very sad.
I’m a face and you’re a heel. Deal with it, bro.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:57 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’m a face and you’re a heel. Deal with it, bro.

[Reply]
notorious 06:59 PM 01-31-2023
Another loser coach that will be looking for another job soon.

Who give a fuck?
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 07:01 PM 01-31-2023
It wasnt a flop. He got hit legitimately and he threw his arms up after he hit the ground. That's different than pretending there was contact. And it's different than embellishing contact. Mahomes is such a competitor, he wanted the call that was obvious and he didnt care if he got hurt. It's too nuanced to describe.
[Reply]
Bump 07:03 PM 01-31-2023
we lost a game this season because Chris Jones may or may not have said something mean to Matt Ryan so everyone can go fuck themselves
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:04 PM 01-31-2023
A lot of NFL coaches are stupid people. When I was younger, I clearly overestimated the mental ability needed to be an NFL coach. Now I know better. Half of them are employed because of who they know or what their last name is.
[Reply]
|Zach| 07:05 PM 01-31-2023
****, Pete. Did we really need a thread for this?
Loser internet sports people scouring the internet to look for silly things to be outraged by for some reason.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 07:09 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Whenever you see anything generic like “unnamed NFL Coach”, just assume it’s complete BS. This is ****ing laughable
Exactly right. No different than last July when an anonymous "veteran defensive play caller" allegedly said that Mahomes was a "2" and not a "1". Yeah right. I'm sure an NFL coach REALLY said that... and with a straight face. :-) Clickbait.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 07:20 PM 01-31-2023
****, Pete. Did we really need a thread for this?
Two things at play here.

1) this is pete%gz attempt to locate anything remotely outrageous to take the microscope off the incredibly witless opinion he posted in the “Spags Did It Again” thread.

2) pete%gz is one of the main lobotomites who, one the left hand complain about all the penalties called and on the other left hand complains about penalties that he sees but the officials don’t call.

As Detox has mentioned multiple times over the last 36 hours, it shows how the completely stitch-quilted brains these complainers of rigging and steering sound to others.
[Reply]
vonBobo 07:21 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lol, how about Burrow's flop when Frank pushed him in the chest? Joe absorbed it, then remembered he could draw a flag, skips backwards two steps and flops backwards, calling for a flag as he's falling.
Exactly. The refs have to call that unless they believed it was a flop. (it was still a really stupid push, could have ended the chiefs season)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 16
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up