ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 16
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>"NFL Coach" says Mahomes Flopped
petegz28 06:12 PM 01-31-2023
Never mind it was a penalty regardless but a "NFL Coach" is mad as heck and stuff...

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nfl-c...ing-field-goal

When Patrick Mahomes was hit late, the penalty set up the Kansas City Chiefs for the game-winning 45-yard field goal.

However, with some controversial officiating throughout the night, the call has come with some scrutiny not only among fans, but NFL coaches as well.

In fact, an NFL coach says Mahomes sold the hit in order to get the extra yards.

"That is what the owners want, $40 million skill players flopping on the ground," an NFC defensive coach told The Athletic, "drawing fouls from chemistry teachers, medical device salesmen and the like."

The coach was referring to the fact that NFL referees are actually part-time employees by the league. Retired official Ed Houchili is an attorney, a career he held throughout his entire refereeing career — his son, Shawn, is a wealth management advisor when he's not officiating games.

Mahomes was tackled by Joseph Ossai at the Bengals' 42-yard line, but the penalty cost Cincinnati 15 yards.

Had the refs eaten the whistle, the Chiefs would have had eight seconds to attempt to get closer (or go for a 60-yarder). Instead, they were right in field goal range, and Harrison Butker drilled it.

The kick sent the Chiefs to their third Super Bowl in four years, and they improved to 3-2 in their last five AFC Championships - all of which they have hosted since 2019.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:29 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
****, Pete. Did we really need a thread for this?
Honestly it deserves its own. I get if bengals fans want to be mad about the refs. Focus energy on the block in the back miss which was a miss.

I can’t imagine anyone putting any energy whatsoever into this one. It is blatant roughing. And a qb on a bad ankle running at full speed is going to fall hard even with the lightest shove. Like how the fuck do people think mahomes was supposed to fall down on that?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:30 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Honestly it deserves its own. I get if bengals fans want to be mad about the refs. Focus energy on the block in the back miss which was a miss.

?

Refs can’t decide games tho
[Reply]
poolboy 06:32 PM 01-31-2023
he didnt flop, he threw his arms up
[Reply]
Hydrae 06:32 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:

I can’t imagine anyone putting any energy whatsoever into this one. It is blatant roughing. And a qb on a bad ankle running at full speed is going to fall hard even with the lightest shove. Like how the fuck do people think mahomes was supposed to fall down on that?
Exactly my thought. If nothing else, once he knew he was out of bounds he would be wanting to get off that ankle as soon as possible. He may have gone down on his own for that reason but Ossai helped him along.
[Reply]
Lzen 06:33 PM 01-31-2023
Damn it, Pete! I clicked that link and it gave me one of those stupid Google you can win blah blah.
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:34 PM 01-31-2023
The petty bullshit is only beginning, folks. Watch the AFC championship go to KC a sixth time next season and the gloves will come off.
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 06:36 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Refs can’t decide games tho
Well it’s a good thing that Ossai decided it by being a dipshit and pushing a QB who was clearly out of bounds.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 06:42 PM 01-31-2023
Hey guys remember when that one Bengal player literally fell over faking an injury to avoid a penalty and the whole NFL world didn't give a shit cause it was against the Chiefs?

Fuck em. Who gives a shit? Just go and win the SB, they'll have nothing left after that.
[Reply]
lcarus 06:42 PM 01-31-2023
The call was obvious but some believe it shouldn't have been called because....what? Oh right. They wanted the Bengals to win and that made it unlikely. Well to that I say. Fuck you and everyone who looks like ya.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:45 PM 01-31-2023
Just watched it again, there was no “block in the back”‘on skyy punt return. They bengal running slows down when sky cuts, and the chief right behind him runs into him and holds his arms up trying not to touch him

They’re never calling that nonsense. And - it was right infront of Cinci sideline, and replays showed no complaining by them. If the refs missed it so did they
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:45 PM 01-31-2023
Wanna say he flopped? Okay.

He flopped because these assholes refuse to call anything late when he gets hit. Doesn’t matter how blatant it is. So I’m glad he fucking flopped.

Cry some more, bitches.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:46 PM 01-31-2023
NFC coach? If you are too much of a pussy to put your name behind it then shut the hell up.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:48 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Wanna say he flopped? Okay.

He flopped because these assholes refuse to call anything late when he gets hit. Doesn’t matter how blatant it is. So I’m glad he fucking flopped.

Cry some more, bitches.
We won. The rest of the league is crying.

This is pretty much exactly what I wanted. I don't think this could have gone any better to maximize the schadenfreude...
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 06:49 PM 01-31-2023
Reported by Fox news, not even fox sports. It's probably made up or the "defensive coach" is some ball boy intern.
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:50 PM 01-31-2023
It was a split second decision, yes it was.

In that split second, your dumb, unaware Bengals defender decided he wanted to push a superstar, injured Qb while he was already out of bounds, thus costing his team the game.

In that same split second, our brilliant superstar Qb had the intelligence and awareness to hard sell what was already a penalty, to make sure that flag got thrown, thus putting his team in a position to win the game.

One player was smart.

One was dumb.

That's why one is a superstar and the other isn't.

Fucking deal with it.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 16
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up