ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 16
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>"NFL Coach" says Mahomes Flopped
petegz28 06:12 PM 01-31-2023
Never mind it was a penalty regardless but a "NFL Coach" is mad as heck and stuff...

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nfl-c...ing-field-goal

When Patrick Mahomes was hit late, the penalty set up the Kansas City Chiefs for the game-winning 45-yard field goal.

However, with some controversial officiating throughout the night, the call has come with some scrutiny not only among fans, but NFL coaches as well.

In fact, an NFL coach says Mahomes sold the hit in order to get the extra yards.

"That is what the owners want, $40 million skill players flopping on the ground," an NFC defensive coach told The Athletic, "drawing fouls from chemistry teachers, medical device salesmen and the like."

The coach was referring to the fact that NFL referees are actually part-time employees by the league. Retired official Ed Houchili is an attorney, a career he held throughout his entire refereeing career — his son, Shawn, is a wealth management advisor when he's not officiating games.

Mahomes was tackled by Joseph Ossai at the Bengals' 42-yard line, but the penalty cost Cincinnati 15 yards.

Had the refs eaten the whistle, the Chiefs would have had eight seconds to attempt to get closer (or go for a 60-yarder). Instead, they were right in field goal range, and Harrison Butker drilled it.

The kick sent the Chiefs to their third Super Bowl in four years, and they improved to 3-2 in their last five AFC Championships - all of which they have hosted since 2019.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:57 AM 02-01-2023
You play to win the game , so he put a little extra mustard on an obvious foul because the refs are incompetent and wanted to make sure they call it , this wasn’t a Lebron NBA style flop , it would have been most like called even without it , I can’t believe this aspect of the play is even an issue. Having 2weeks of air time with only 2 teams to talk about is probably the worst time for sports media even with my team still in it it can be hard to watch and it’s only been 2 days.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:01 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Monticore:
You play to win the game , so he put a little extra mustard on an obvious foul because the refs are incompetent and wanted to make sure they call it , this wasn’t a Lebron NBA style flop , it would have been most like called even without it , I can’t believe this aspect of the play is even an issue. Having 2weeks of air time with only 2 teams to talk about is probably the worst time for sports media even with my team still in it it can be hard to watch and it’s only been 2 days.
Obviously with the raising of arms but I guess I’m still struggling to see the flop. He’s running full speed on a bad ankle. He gets shoved in the back by his forearm and you see ossai push that forward. He’s falling to the ground hard no matter what.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:23 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Obviously with the raising of arms but I guess I’m still struggling to see the flop. He’s running full speed on a bad ankle. He gets shoved in the back by his forearm and you see ossai push that forward. He’s falling to the ground hard no matter what.
The whiplash from the head and the arms If I’m going to the ground I would probably use them for protection and not put them off to the side , so even injured he was willing till risk injury again for the W any competitive bastard would have done the same , I definitely would have and got up with a huge fucking smile on my face after seeing the flag.
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:27 AM 02-01-2023
He did it for Mr. Flopnuts
[Reply]
crayzkirk 07:32 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
Hang on, let me take notes.

*it's perfectly fine to be sub-human on chiefsplanet and say fuck the needy and the people that help them*

*expect to see other shitheads back the sub-human because he's "one of them"*

Ok, got it.

One more thing. You started off with "You are on a message board". Then you asked why i'm even here.

You know it's a message board...but do you know how they work?
One thing I would like explained to me is why should fans pay into something supported by NFL players (or any celebrity) when the fan will make only a fraction of the money the person supporting the charity will? I see movie stars asking for regular people, who are struggling to get by, to send their hard earned money to some cause that they will never see the benefit of nor had any input which caused the problem.

Everyone needs to quit acting on emotion and use their brains. How many billions are the owners of the NFL worth again? How much money does the NFL make each year? Surely, there's enough money to help people out there.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:33 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Monticore:
The whiplash from the head and the arms If I’m going to the ground I would probably use them for protection and not put them off to the side , so even injured he was willing till risk injury again for the W any competitive bastard would have done the same , I definitely would have and got up with a huge ****ing smile on my face after seeing the flag.
Yeah I agree that he sells it. I just can’t believe all the other people calling it a flop. Very different things since a flop is usually an overreaction to no foul.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:51 AM 02-01-2023
He didn't flop. He may have exaggerated it a little by putting both hands up and making it look worse than it really was, but that doesn't change the fact that the defender shoved him down (inadvertently or not) after he had crossed the boundary and had BOTH feet out of bounds. That is a late hit, by definition, and will be called every time, especially when it's on a QB.

The sad thing about it is Mahomes probably felt like he NEEDED to do that (exaggerate it) to make sure he got the call because so many times we have seen a late hit on him from a defender and nothing was called.

So whether he 'flopped' or not (he didn't) is inconsequential. But by NFL rule, it was a late hit and should be flagged every time. Thankfully it was this time.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:55 AM 02-01-2023
I don't think he flopped at all. He was running as fast as he could and was shoved unexpectedly by an NFL linebacker. No flopping needed.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:55 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
Stop it. You all blew your load, hard, in the first quarter and came out with a whopping 6 pts. Then won on a last second field goal after being so frothy all week.

By the skiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin of your teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeth.

Next year you're coming to Cincy for the CG and you're getting your ass handed to you on a silver platter, which Zac Taylor will use pregame to eat a heap of Skyline Chili.
WE were frothy all week?

Who guaranteed a win? Who called our stadium Burrowhead? Who made pictures of Sterling Mahomes calling Burrow "daddy"?

You're a first class fucking loser.
[Reply]
Iowanian 09:58 AM 02-01-2023
Mahomes was shoved and entirely past the white boundary, #58 extended his arms and gave him an additional shove that was hard enough to injure himself.

Every fan of every sport has had things they don't agree with in a game. I see things every single high school basketball game that aren't called or appear ticky-tac but that's sports.

I can point to Dee Ford, or some items in the AFCC Game last year that I was upset with....but ultimately, those Jabronis can suck on a yellow milk jug they find in a truck stop parking lot.
[Reply]
vonBobo 10:05 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
One thing I would like explained to me is why should fans pay into something supported by NFL players (or any celebrity) when the fan will make only a fraction of the money the person supporting the charity will? I see movie stars asking for regular people, who are struggling to get by, to send their hard earned money to some cause that they will never see the benefit of nor had any input which caused the problem.

Everyone needs to quit acting on emotion and use their brains. How many billions are the owners of the NFL worth again? How much money does the NFL make each year? Surely, there's enough money to help people out there.
It's not about the money, it's about player/league branding. The players are not brain damaged, roid raged, drunk driving wife abusing animals, these are community minded benefactors giving back to the community which has given them so much.

But you are right, the burden of taking care of the less fortunate should not be a burden on the people with less resources.
[Reply]
Woogieman 10:10 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
On the patriots board they were all saying “refs shouldn’t decide games”. But they all wanted a holding call on that run

Some people might be able to pick up on the humor of that contradiction
...well, they sure as hell didn't call for the refs to waive off that embarrassing roughing the passer call on Chris Jones vs Brady. Nothing that happened this Sunday came close to that abomination.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:13 AM 02-01-2023
Not nearly as much as the Coach who will actually be flopping on his couch during the SB.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 10:19 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Never mind it was a penalty regardless but a "NFL Coach" is mad as heck and stuff...

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nfl-c...ing-field-goal

When Patrick Mahomes was hit late, the penalty set up the Kansas City Chiefs for the game-winning 45-yard field goal.

However, with some controversial officiating throughout the night, the call has come with some scrutiny not only among fans, but NFL coaches as well.

In fact, an NFL coach says Mahomes sold the hit in order to get the extra yards.

"That is what the owners want, $40 million skill players flopping on the ground," an NFC defensive coach told The Athletic, "drawing fouls from chemistry teachers, medical device salesmen and the like."

The coach was referring to the fact that NFL referees are actually part-time employees by the league. Retired official Ed Houchili is an attorney, a career he held throughout his entire refereeing career — his son, Shawn, is a wealth management advisor when he's not officiating games.

Mahomes was tackled by Joseph Ossai at the Bengals' 42-yard line, but the penalty cost Cincinnati 15 yards.

Had the refs eaten the whistle, the Chiefs would have had eight seconds to attempt to get closer (or go for a 60-yarder). Instead, they were right in field goal range, and Harrison Butker drilled it.

The kick sent the Chiefs to their third Super Bowl in four years, and they improved to 3-2 in their last five AFC Championships - all of which they have hosted since 2019.
LOL...that's a late hit in any era of football I've watched in 45 years. Doesn't matter if Mahomes "sold" it.
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:39 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by :
"NFL Coach" says Mahomes Flopped
AKA: Random guy has stupid opinion.

If this coach doesn't want to put his name on his comment, it's worthless.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 16
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up