ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 20
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Joe "Cool" and being elite? Yeah, no.
mr. tegu 05:54 PM 01-30-2023
I admit I realize I have been overestimating him like many others. He is quite good but elite he is not and he definitely hasn't earned his "cool" moniker. And I have heard multiple pundits now say, even after yesterday he is a better QB than Mahomes, but Mahomes is the better player. Talk about moving the goalposts to fit your narrative.

I will give him credit for the Brady comparison though as he has absolutely been carried by his defense and luck like Brady was in his earlier years in winning playoff games. But Burrow isn't as clutch as Brady was even back then.

And for those who think he is even close to Mahomes:

Burrow 0 times 30 point postseason games to Mahomes 8
300 yard games is 1 to 7
TD drives in fourth quarter is a whopping 0 to 14

Good old Nick Wright has more in the video but here is a picture with the most relevant part of Burrow's fourth quarter stats in the postseason. It's remarkable the Bengals have won any games honestly in the postseason.

Attached: Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 5.50.28 PM.png (95.2 KB) 
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:37 AM 01-31-2023
You don't get to be "elite" until you win some hardware. Burrow is no closer to "elite" than Herbert, especially considering Burrow's all-world receiving corps and top 10 defense.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:41 AM 01-31-2023
Joe Burrow probably has the best supporting cast a QB has had in years...

He has probably the best receiver in the league mixed with another guy who will get #1 money and his 3rd receiver is high end as well. His backs are also good...the only thing he doesn't have is a top 10 TE, that's it.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:47 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
guy's taken a perennial bottom feeder team to two AFCCG's in three seasons, and won one of them.

You're bonkers.

He's unquestionably elite. You have no idea what you're looking at if you watch him play, look at that accuracy and think he's not elite.

Bonkers.

You think putting up regular season numbers and being carried by defense through the playoffs, then when the team needs you, the QB, the most you fail on the last 5 drives in the Super Bowl to score anything and fail on the last 2 in the AFC championship to score anything makes for an elite QB. I don’t.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:48 AM 01-31-2023
God I wish we drafted Tee Higgins.

He'd be so perfect for this offense
[Reply]
Eureka 09:53 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Joe Burrow probably has the best supporting cast a QB has had in years...

He has probably the best receiver in the league mixed with another guy who will get #1 money and his 3rd receiver is high end as well. His backs are also good...the only thing he doesn't have is a top 10 TE, that's it.
Guess the same could be said for Mahomes when he started his second year. Hill and Kelce are some pretty awesome players that were already in a system that was functioning well (Playoffs). Also, helps to have a proven winning coach with 20+ years experience.

Joe on the other hand was coming to a team that had the #1 overall pick for a reason.
[Reply]
Bengal Billy 10:21 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
What about the standard of playing well when it matters most? It’s odd to me how easily people want to gloss over his post season (fourth quarter especially) performance so far.
He's very, very good, but still has a lot of learning to do only playing in the league for 2 full seasons. He tends to hold the ball too long at times but is starting to get much better at that. His accuracy and moxy can be off the charts though.

TBF to him during his two playoff seasons, his O-line in all those playoff games was no better than a turnstile.

Not easy in big games against the likes of:
Jeffery Simmons
Maxx Crosby
J. Houston/Roquan Smith
Chris Jones/Frank Clark
Aaron Donald/Von Miller

Bengals' playoff O-lines Adeniji, Sharping, Q. Spain
Attached: Screenshot_20230131-110824~2.jpg (25.1 KB) 
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:51 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Bengal Billy:

TBF to him during his two playoff seasons, his O-line in all those playoff games was no better than a turnstile.

Not easy in big games against the likes of:
Jeffery Simmons
Maxx Crosby
J. Houston/Roquan Smith
Chris Jones/Frank Clark
Aaron Donald/Von Miller
Anytime us Chiefs fans would hear about this horrid Oline the Bengals had... we would get all excited and then the Chiefs Dline would be near worthless. It was getting hard to believe.

This past game, I just think the Chiefs Dline wanted it more, not necessarily that the Bengals Oline stinks... I mean they just dominated in Buffalo.
[Reply]
straycash 10:55 AM 01-31-2023
Fake Joe is plenty good enough to win a bowl, elite yes.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 11:48 AM 01-31-2023
I'm not going to try to compare Burrow to Mahomes until he gets paid and the team can't keep the best wide receivers group in the NFL together. He looked much more mortal Sunday night with Boyd hurt. Doesn't bode well for his future. Mahomes is already being paid and had to live without Tyreek. He responded with an MVP season and a trip to the Superbowl. Let's see what Burrow does when that happens to him. His best window is closing soon.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:55 AM 01-31-2023
I hope Burrow is elite. We'll see in about 2-3 years, but I have high hopes.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:57 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
God I wish we drafted Tee Higgins.

He'd be so perfect for this offense
At least Pacheco can make us feel a lot better about the CEH pick.
[Reply]
straycash 12:01 PM 01-31-2023
Burrough being elite will only further help KC stay in shape.
[Reply]
RedandGold 12:42 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Being a top regular season QB doesn’t make you elite.
*Dan Marino has entered the chat
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:58 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by RedandGold:
*Dan Marino has entered the chat
He was elite...for his era. However, he wasn't worthy of washing the Brittany leavins' out of Mahomes' jock.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:11 PM 01-31-2023
A bad OL can wreck a game for any QB. It happened to Mahomes when he played the Bucs two years ago. It happened to Burrow.

BTW, our young pups on defense have grown into hounds. Cook, Williams, Watson, George, and McDuffie are all finding their groove. That was a monster game and they held their water. Not nearly enough credit is being given to our young ascending defense. Spags too.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 20
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up