ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 20
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Joe "Cool" and being elite? Yeah, no.
mr. tegu 05:54 PM 01-30-2023
I admit I realize I have been overestimating him like many others. He is quite good but elite he is not and he definitely hasn't earned his "cool" moniker. And I have heard multiple pundits now say, even after yesterday he is a better QB than Mahomes, but Mahomes is the better player. Talk about moving the goalposts to fit your narrative.

I will give him credit for the Brady comparison though as he has absolutely been carried by his defense and luck like Brady was in his earlier years in winning playoff games. But Burrow isn't as clutch as Brady was even back then.

And for those who think he is even close to Mahomes:

Burrow 0 times 30 point postseason games to Mahomes 8
300 yard games is 1 to 7
TD drives in fourth quarter is a whopping 0 to 14

Good old Nick Wright has more in the video but here is a picture with the most relevant part of Burrow's fourth quarter stats in the postseason. It's remarkable the Bengals have won any games honestly in the postseason.

Attached: Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 5.50.28 PM.png (95.2 KB) 
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:12 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
They beat us three straight times, including two at Arrowhead, and then we finally win another 3 point game and Joe Burrow isn't elite?

I'm not going to go there. Guy is a baller and plays great.

Let's not get so cocky so soon. That's the mistake the Bengals just made.
They’ve won 1 at Arrowhead (“22 AFCCG), which is why the Burrowhead comment was ALWAYS asinine.

And yes, Burrow is absolutely an elite QB, but a step below Mahomes who is otherworldly.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:14 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
What about the standard of playing well when it matters most? It’s odd to me how easily people want to gloss over his post season (fourth quarter especially) performance so far.
The guy's in his third year. If that's what it looks like in year 10, you've got a legit argument.
[Reply]
notorious 07:19 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by straycash:
Like the AFC West of today?
It’s similar, no doubt.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:21 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
The guy's in his third year. If that's what it looks like in year 10, you've got a legit argument.

To me “elite” is earned. He has elite potential and some great abilities and I think is probably the second best QB at the moment but that doesn’t automatically mean he is elite. I think him being second best though is a function of his play combined with maybe the largest collection of young QBs ever not being currently challenged with established veterans still playing really well.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:23 AM 01-31-2023
He's very good, but to consider him elite, I want to see how he handles not having a stacked roster once they have to start paying people. If he's still making deep runs with lesser talent around him, then I would definitely put him in the elite category
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:36 AM 01-31-2023
To me “elite” is earned. He has elite potential and some great abilities and I think is probably the second best QB at the moment but that doesn’t automatically mean he is elite. I think him being second best though is a function of his play combined with maybe the largest collection of young QBs ever not being currently challenged with established veterans still playing really well.
Then you have an absurd bar for 'elite'.

If a guy is probably the second best QB, that's elite, no question.

I figure that at any point in time, there are 5 guys on the planet that play NFL QB at an 'elite' level. Some guys are perennial, some guys have a flash year, some guys age off of it or are injured and never regain it.

If Burrow is QB2, and I think he is, then that is elite.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:18 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Then you have an absurd bar for 'elite'.

If a guy is probably the second best QB, that's elite, no question.

I figure that at any point in time, there are 5 guys on the planet that play NFL QB at an 'elite' level. Some guys are perennial, some guys have a flash year, some guys age off of it or are injured and never regain it.

If Burrow is QB2, and I think he is, then that is elite.

Being a top regular season QB doesn’t make you elite.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 08:29 AM 01-31-2023
He might be elite but I'll never admit it because fuck the Bengals
[Reply]
scho63 08:29 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Wut? They haven't beaten us twice at Arrowhead
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
They’ve won 1 at Arrowhead (“22 AFCCG), which is why the Burrowhead comment was ALWAYS asinine.

And yes, Burrow is absolutely an elite QB, but a step below Mahomes who is otherworldly.
Yes, I meant two AFC Championships. Thanks for the correction. :-)
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:40 AM 01-31-2023
Joe i a really good QB but like Brady he must have things be perfect. OL, Running game, defense and top talent. He won't make it happen.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:43 AM 01-31-2023
In a universe where Mahomes played baseball, Joe Burrow is the best QB in the NFL.

Unfortunately for Joe, that's not this world.
[Reply]
Eureka 08:46 AM 01-31-2023
Some people just hate winners. Especially when it's not your team or they compete with your team yearly.

Joe passes the eye test. He has changed the outlook of the Bengals franchise.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:57 AM 01-31-2023
Burrow is dangerous enough that we can't play around in off-season.

He will get his OL solidified.

We need another pass-rusher and 1 more coverage safety for me to breathe easier on defense.

If we don't do that, I'm also fine with adding another OL and a top weapon and just letting Mahomes score 35+ a game.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:11 AM 01-31-2023
Being a top regular season QB doesn’t make you elite.
guy's taken a perennial bottom feeder team to two AFCCG's in three seasons, and won one of them.

You're bonkers.

He's unquestionably elite. You have no idea what you're looking at if you watch him play, look at that accuracy and think he's not elite.

Bonkers.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:21 AM 01-31-2023
Joe has played one good post season game. Then rest the defense carried them in reality.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 20
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up