ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 20
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Joe "Cool" and being elite? Yeah, no.
mr. tegu 05:54 PM 01-30-2023
I admit I realize I have been overestimating him like many others. He is quite good but elite he is not and he definitely hasn't earned his "cool" moniker. And I have heard multiple pundits now say, even after yesterday he is a better QB than Mahomes, but Mahomes is the better player. Talk about moving the goalposts to fit your narrative.

I will give him credit for the Brady comparison though as he has absolutely been carried by his defense and luck like Brady was in his earlier years in winning playoff games. But Burrow isn't as clutch as Brady was even back then.

And for those who think he is even close to Mahomes:

Burrow 0 times 30 point postseason games to Mahomes 8
300 yard games is 1 to 7
TD drives in fourth quarter is a whopping 0 to 14

Good old Nick Wright has more in the video but here is a picture with the most relevant part of Burrow's fourth quarter stats in the postseason. It's remarkable the Bengals have won any games honestly in the postseason.

Attached: Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 5.50.28 PM.png (95.2 KB) 
[Reply]
notorious 07:18 PM 01-30-2023
"When Allen and Burrow can almost see the Super Bowl title through Pat's eyes"

[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:20 PM 01-30-2023
There's only one Joe Cool, and it ain't the home alone kid
[Reply]
lcarus 07:22 PM 01-30-2023
I'm not gonna fault Reggie Miller for not being Michael Jordan. Burrow's an elite player. Maybe one day he will get his ring. Maybe not.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:22 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Team game. Patrick needed & was given a lot of help from the defense and special teams to get the victory last night. He'll need it again in the future against this Bengals team. The Bengals are rock solid on both offense & defense, and they don't kill themselves with Special Teams mistakes.
Will be interesting to see what happens with our STs next year. :-)
[Reply]
notorious 07:24 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I'm not gonna fault Reggie Miller for not being Michael Jordan. Burrow's an elite player. Maybe one day he will get his ring. Maybe not.

[Reply]
DRM08 07:25 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Will be interesting to see what happens with our STs next year. :-)
KC Special Teams had an awesome game last night and I hope they can do it again in a couple weeks!
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 07:26 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I'd like to have seen what Burrow would have done throwing the ball to MVS, Marcus Kemp, Skyy Moore and a hobbled Travis Kelce instead of Jamar Chase, Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd, Hayden Hurst, and with Joe Mixon lining up in the backfield with him.

Conversely, I would have loved to see Mahomes attack with that set of weapons at his disposal.
To Quote Gay "Nothing"
[Reply]
vonBobo 08:05 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
This is where I will give Burrow a lot of credit. There is 'no chucking' with his arm whatsoever. He has an amazingly accurate arm and we saw it even last night at times and definitely in our previous 3 losses to them. Yes he is blessed with 3- No.1 wideouts for sure BUT they can't make you look better if your accuracy is manure(mediocre at best). I get your point BUT as much as I hate Burrow's cocky, disrespecting woke ass attitude he IS AMAZINGLY ACCURATE and definitely takes advantage of it with 3 No.1 WRs.
Agreed. That ball that doinked off the receivers helmet.. chief all over the receiver, receiver is stumbling and twisting and falling and flailing, and yet somehow burrow got it through all that mess and hit him right in the head.
And the chuck it up play style is more the WR's talents (or lack of talents). I'm guessing any QB would rather be throwing to guys with more separation rather than jump balls.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:15 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
I’m telling ya, Burrow losing the SB last year was the best thing that could have ever happened. It was the only sliver of hope I had that he wouldn’t be the next Brady.
I take nothing away from Burrow, but to even remotely be in the same ballpark as Brady he will have to do more with less. I rail on how Brady has benefited from great defenses, but you give a young Brady those weapons and defense that Burrow has and he wins the SB.
[Reply]
notorious 08:21 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I take nothing away from Burrow, but to even remotely be in the same ballpark as Brady he will have to do more with less. I tail on how Brady has benefited from great defenses, but you give a young Brady those weapons and defense that Burrow has and he wins the SB.
Brady was in the biggest piece of shit division ever. Burrow has some good franchises in their division.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:36 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
Brady was in the biggest piece of shit division ever. Burrow has some good franchises in their division.
I think when Baltimore gets healthy they will roll the Bengals. Burrow's time is coming to an end. They can't keep Chase, Higgins and Boyd forever.

The difference is you take away Boyd and Burrow goes to shit.

You take away Reek, Juju and Toney and Mahomes wins the AFCCG.
[Reply]
srvy 11:19 PM 01-30-2023

[Reply]
straycash 12:29 AM 01-31-2023
Burrough is TB playing for a small market team, follow with great interest, prediction nothing but pain and tears, culmination one ring and in bed with the nfl
[Reply]
straycash 12:31 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
Like the AFC West of today?
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:10 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Hank Hill:
He's been made to look a lot better than he is by being able to chuck it up to his incredibly talented WR group.

Happy to know he'll be the highest paid QB in the league soon.
Chase deserves to be the highest paid WR. How's that going fit in their budget?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 20
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up