ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 20
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Joe "Cool" and being elite? Yeah, no.
mr. tegu 05:54 PM 01-30-2023
I admit I realize I have been overestimating him like many others. He is quite good but elite he is not and he definitely hasn't earned his "cool" moniker. And I have heard multiple pundits now say, even after yesterday he is a better QB than Mahomes, but Mahomes is the better player. Talk about moving the goalposts to fit your narrative.

I will give him credit for the Brady comparison though as he has absolutely been carried by his defense and luck like Brady was in his earlier years in winning playoff games. But Burrow isn't as clutch as Brady was even back then.

And for those who think he is even close to Mahomes:

Burrow 0 times 30 point postseason games to Mahomes 8
300 yard games is 1 to 7
TD drives in fourth quarter is a whopping 0 to 14

Good old Nick Wright has more in the video but here is a picture with the most relevant part of Burrow's fourth quarter stats in the postseason. It's remarkable the Bengals have won any games honestly in the postseason.

Attached: Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 5.50.28 PM.png (95.2 KB) 
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:48 PM 01-30-2023
Burrow is the Jonathan Taylor of QBs. Which is the worst in the league.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 06:48 PM 01-30-2023
I’m telling ya, Burrow losing the SB last year was the best thing that could have ever happened. It was the only sliver of hope I had that he wouldn’t be the next Brady.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 06:48 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Hank Hill:
We'd score 69 points per game with weapons like that!!
I guess the kicker would miss an extra point if he was attempting 10 of them.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:51 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by PattyFlakes:
Burrow’s skill players are way better than what Allen has too. Honestly think that Mahomes or Allen would put up 40 a game with Chase, Higgins, and Boyd.
KC was averaging 37 points per game until Kareem Hunt got kicked off the team. I think Mixon & Perine combined is pretty similar to Kareem's impact. KC had Tyreek, Kelce, & Sammy. It was pretty awesome until Kareem got in trouble and Sammy missed a bunch of games late in the season.
[Reply]
Molitoth 07:01 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I've had it up to my eyeballs with Cincy as much as anyone here, but to say he isn't elite is pure hubris in the afterglow of victory IMHO
If Mahomes has to deal with the "lets see what he can do without Tyreek", "he is a system QB", and "OMG he has the best TE of all time", then Burrow needs to deal with "lets see what he can do without Chase and/or Higgens"

Burrow is throwing to Elite WR's that can outjump everyone else.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:02 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I'd like to have seen what Burrow would have done throwing the ball to MVS, Marcus Kemp, Skyy Moore and a hobbled Travis Kelce instead of Jamar Chase, Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd, Hayden Hurst, and with Joe Mixon lining up in the backfield with him.

Conversely, I would have loved to see Mahomes attack with that set of weapons at his disposal.
Burrow is not an "out of the box"(backyard QB) when needed. For Mahomes that is in his "wheelhouse". He can adjust on the fly 'intelligently' and that is HUGE !! Burrows never could figure out Spag's schemes last night and kept ditching the ball and when you see a QB continue to do this he is having trouble in knowing where to go with the ball and not to mention the anxiety/fear factor.

Two things I would like to see in the future. 1st. Mahomes overall accuracy improve(collectively speaking here - I get last night with the injury - but overall especially with the deep ball)

2nd - We have never had a Chase, Adams, Jefferson etc..... type of WR that can just dominate a game. Hill could never beat the double team(once Bellichek showed the league how to do it) but the guys above mentioned can. We do have a TE that dominates but that is it. I want Pat to have that opportunity at some point hopefully because Travis is getting older and I really don't see anyone of that caliber or someone close to filling his shoes so when Travis does retire hopefully we will have that unstoppable WR in place.
[Reply]
DRM08 07:04 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
If Mahomes has to deal with the "lets see what he can do without Tyreek", then Burrow needs to deal with "lets see what he can do without Chase and Higgens"

Burrow is throwing to Elite WR's that can outjump everyone else.
Burrow will have Chase for the next 8+ years. But that will eventually cost a lot more money for his front office than it does right now. I will be surprised if they keep Higgins. If they do, it will make things even tougher for them to build the rest of the team around 3 big time players at very expensive positions.

I am more curious to see what happens for Burrow if the Cincy defense begins allowing a lot more points in Playoff games. So far they have given up less than 19 points per game and they've never given up more than 23 points in Joe's playoff career. That's pretty damn helpful to any QB.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:07 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Holy shit. Now this is a perfect comp.

The rest of these posters could learn a thing or two.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:12 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Jake Plummer was 3-0 vs Tom Brady.

It’s a team game.
Oh most definitely. But this is 'thee real truthful record' for now and I assure you as competitive as Pat is especially after all the dissing he took this past week he will make damn sure he does NOT lose to Burrow for a long time. Maybe like our 7.5 going on 8yrs of domination of the Broncos which would be NIIIIIIICE!!
[Reply]
carcosa 07:13 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Worst QB of all time imho
TRUTH!!!!!
[Reply]
carcosa 07:14 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
YUP!!!!!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:15 PM 01-30-2023
convert now...or fall forever

Who wore it better?
Arrowhead: Reaper of Souls.#ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/1SgdBLitAY

— Paul��☮️Pacheco stan acct���� (@PaulHBK) January 31, 2023

[Reply]
DRM08 07:16 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Oh most definitely. But this is 'thee real truthful record' for now and I assure you as competitive as Pat is especially after all the dissing he took this past week he will make damn sure he does NOT lose to Burrow for a long time. Maybe like our 7.5 going on 8yrs of domination of the Broncos which would be NIIIIIIICE!!
Team game. Patrick needed & was given a lot of help from the defense and special teams to get the victory last night. He'll need it again in the future against this Bengals team. The Bengals are rock solid on both offense & defense, and they don't kill themselves with Special Teams mistakes.
[Reply]
notorious 07:17 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:17 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Mahomes to Andy Reid in pregame:

“Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing.”
[Reply]
Page 4 of 20