ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 20
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Joe "Cool" and being elite? Yeah, no.
mr. tegu 05:54 PM 01-30-2023
I admit I realize I have been overestimating him like many others. He is quite good but elite he is not and he definitely hasn't earned his "cool" moniker. And I have heard multiple pundits now say, even after yesterday he is a better QB than Mahomes, but Mahomes is the better player. Talk about moving the goalposts to fit your narrative.

I will give him credit for the Brady comparison though as he has absolutely been carried by his defense and luck like Brady was in his earlier years in winning playoff games. But Burrow isn't as clutch as Brady was even back then.

And for those who think he is even close to Mahomes:

Burrow 0 times 30 point postseason games to Mahomes 8
300 yard games is 1 to 7
TD drives in fourth quarter is a whopping 0 to 14

Good old Nick Wright has more in the video but here is a picture with the most relevant part of Burrow's fourth quarter stats in the postseason. It's remarkable the Bengals have won any games honestly in the postseason.

Attached: Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 5.50.28 PM.png (95.2 KB) 
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:25 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
There is a difference between dismissing or critquing his abilities/potential and his performance as measured thus far. I am doing the latter.
I'm not gonna sit here and defend Burrow past this post after all we've been through this week

But in three years he has two AFCCG appearances and a Super Bowl appearance at the age of 26, not to mention all the gaudy stats... he is clearly elite

He's also sitting on his couch until next year so we got that going for us, which is nice
[Reply]
petegz28 06:27 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
not sure i'd put burrow in front of allen now

his picks were just as bad as allen picks

allen runs out of some of those sacks last night
I put Burrow ahead of Allen because he has been to 2 AFCCG and 1 SB. Allen has not done that.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:27 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
not sure i'd put burrow in front of allen now

his picks were just as bad as allen picks

allen runs out of some of those sacks last night
Both of those QB's are really damn good. Much stronger defense for Cincy is the key difference. Buffalo's defense has given up more than 35 points per game in 3 straight playoff losses. Cincy's defense has never given up more than 23 points in Burrow's playoff career (7 games), even in their losses.
[Reply]
Bump 06:27 PM 01-30-2023
he's obviously quite good and it kind of sucks that all of the new top QBs are in the AFC but the Chiefs still overcome it. We were down to 3 receivers last night, Burrow has 3 WR's that would be a lot of teams #1 and one of the best WR's we've seen since Moss. But without Burrow they wouldn't be a contender just like the Chiefs wouldn't be without Mahomes.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 06:31 PM 01-30-2023
Burrow has a great defense and some guys that can win jump balls, get back to me when he throws a 4th quarter td(in the playoffs).
[Reply]
notorious 06:34 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Burrow has a great defense and some guys that can win jump balls, get back to me when he throws a 4th quarter td(in the playoffs).
This.

Greatness overcomes when all odds are against them.
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:36 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Prisoners of the moment.

Allen is better. Herbert is more talented.

Burrow is a top 4 QB.

But he's in a crowded class vying for that #2 spot behind Mahomes and other QB's are throwing their hats in the ring, and will continue to do so.
Playoff stats:

Allen: 20 TD’s, 4 INT (in 8 games)
Burrow: 10 TD’s, 4 INT (in 7 games)

Again, Burrow is NOT the 2nd best QB. He's good, no doubt. But at best, he's in a crowded room still trying to stand out.
[Reply]
Spott 06:37 PM 01-30-2023
He’s elite, but he’s just not Mahomes. This is a great time we live in.
[Reply]
penguinz 06:37 PM 01-30-2023
Mahomes is Captain America. A bit dorky at times but knows he is the elite of the elite and plays dumb about.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:40 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Playoff stats:

Allen: 20 TD’s, 4 INT (in 8 games)
Burrow: 10 TD’s, 4 INT (in 7 games)

Again, Burrow is NOT the 2nd best QB. He's good, no doubt. But at best, he's in a crowded room still trying to stand out.
Those stats really show how much better the Cincy defense has been compared to Buffalo in the playoffs. I think both of those QB's are really damn good, but it's a team game. Defense & Special Teams need to be good to help these QB's win the games.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:45 PM 01-30-2023
I'd like to have seen what Burrow would have done throwing the ball to MVS, Marcus Kemp, Skyy Moore and a hobbled Travis Kelce instead of Jamar Chase, Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd, Hayden Hurst, and with Joe Mixon lining up in the backfield with him.

Conversely, I would have loved to see Mahomes attack with that set of weapons at his disposal.
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 06:46 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Those stats really show how much better the Cincy defense has been compared to Buffalo in the playoffs. I think both of those QB's are really damn good, but it's a team game. Defense & Special Teams need to be good to help these QB's win the games.
Burrow’s skill players are way better than what Allen has too. Honestly think that Mahomes or Allen would put up 40 a game with Chase, Higgins, and Boyd.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:47 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Hank Hill:
to chuck it up
This is where I will give Burrow a lot of credit. There is 'no chucking' with his arm whatsoever. He has an amazingly accurate arm and we saw it even last night at times and definitely in our previous 3 losses to them. Yes he is blessed with 3- No.1 wideouts for sure BUT they can't make you look better if your accuracy is manure(mediocre at best). I get your point BUT as much as I hate Burrow's cocky, disrespecting woke ass attitude he IS AMAZINGLY ACCURATE and definitely takes advantage of it with 3 No.1 WRs.
[Reply]
TLO 06:47 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I'd like to have seen what Burrow would have done throwing the ball to MVS, Marcus Kemp, Skyy Moore and a hobbled Travis Kelce instead of Jamar Chase, Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd, Hayden Hurst, and with Joe Mixon lining up in the backfield with him.

Conversely, I would have loved to see Mahomes attack with that set of weapons at his disposal.
We'd score 69 points per game with weapons like that!!
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 06:47 PM 01-30-2023
Blasphemy.

Joe Cool is a legitimate top-5 Snoopy alter ego.

Oh wait, you are talking about the QB? Nevermind.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 20
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up