ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 26
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Spags does it again
RunKC 08:52 PM 01-21-2023
20 points allowed
Lawrence three for only 90 yards in his first 23 attempts (3.91 avg)
Tackling was solid
Blitzes were very good including the Reid blitz that on the Watson pick play

He did this with 5 rookies playing a lot of snaps today. Just a remarkable performance from his defense
[Reply]
crispystl 09:11 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Also, today it seemed the refs let them play ball. I don't think I saw a questionable call. And I don't think a DPI was even called on our secondary.

It was so nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 09:16 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Wait. Aren’t you the guy who wants to fire Andy Reid?
No you're the guy who can't read.

Quote where I posted Reid should be fired.

Saying that I would not be surprised if an Andy Reid team favored to win a post season game lost the game is not tantamount to "fire Andy Reid'. The guy gets you a shot. Who would say no to a shot?

However, Andy Reids legacy is built upon pant shitting in the biggest of games, so this is not an unreasonable thing to consider. After all, he's lost more games as the favorite than any other hall of fame coach.

So to go into a game with full understanding that it means exactly Jack and shit to be the favored team under Andy Reid is a pretty reasonable position, and in no way calling for the replacement of Andy Reid. It's simply knowing that hey, you might see some shit today.

Perhaps your hands should occupy themselves with more constructive activities, rather than posting to confirm your inability to comprehend and retain information.

Maybe try fisting yourself.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:25 AM 01-22-2023
spags haters still grasping at straws?
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 09:25 AM 01-22-2023
a true test hasn't even happened yet

personally, I'm still gonna judge him by the next two games (as has been talked about for weeks)

lots of mistakes and luck in the last game vs. the worst playoff team & #10 offense
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:27 AM 01-22-2023
I tell you guys every year that you are darn fortunate to have Spags. He is one of the best in the business. I wanted him badly, but Gruden stuck with PG I.

Meanwhile, I am stuck with the Graham Cracker Defense.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:33 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
a true test hasn't even happened yet

personally, I'm still gonna judge him by the next two games (as has been talked about for weeks)

lots of mistakes and luck in the last game vs. the worst playoff team & #10 offense
Spags has had lots of true tests over the past few years. But people seem more obsessed about regular season wins with bad defensive play and ignore that the defense has been solid pretty much his entire run with this team.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 09:34 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:

Saying that I would not be surprised if an Andy Reid team favored to win a post season game lost the game is not tantamount to "fire Andy Reid'. The guy gets you a shot. Who would say no to a shot?

However, Andy Reids legacy is built upon pant shitting in the biggest of games, so this is not an unreasonable thing to consider. After all, he's lost more games as the favorite than any other hall of fame coach.

So to go into a game with full understanding that it means exactly Jack and shit to be the favored team under Andy Reid is a pretty reasonable position, and in no way calling for the replacement of Andy Reid. It's simply knowing that hey, you might see some shit today.

Perhaps your hands should occupy themselves with more constructive activities, rather than posting to confirm your inability to comprehend and retain information.

I don't keep track of the trolls and fans of other teams, so maybe someone else can answer this for me -- is this guy really a Chiefs fan? I'm guessing not. In fact, I'm certain he isn't.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:35 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Not really thrilled about George in coverage on their number 1 in the RZ, but they sure made a statement in the second half.
PTSD flashback of Justin Houston one-on-one with Antonio Brown 50 yards downfield.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:41 AM 01-22-2023
Spags has his problems as a defensive coordinator, and always has when he doesn't have a dominant front four like he had with the Giants (who wouldn't, really), but we're going to our FIFTH tittyfucking AFCCG with him calling the defense using an absurdly high number of rookies (and putting them in positions to win) while doing it. Sorry not sorry he's not Jim Johnson coaching those early 00's Eagles defenses.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:42 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
PTSD flashback of Justin Houston one-on-one with Antonio Brown 50 yards downfield.
Same thing, though. Only in a straight 3-4, one of your outside backers will have coverage duties on any given play.

At least with Spags, it was a zone blitz, so you had a shot at getting a quick sack or pass disruption.

Grandpa Bob just lined up in the exact same play-call every down, rotating the OLB pass rushers.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:43 AM 01-22-2023
Spags has his problems as a defensive coordinator, and always has when he doesn't have a dominant front four like he had with the Giants (who wouldn't, really), but we're going to our FIFTH titty****ing AFCCG with him calling the defense using an absurdly high number of rookies (and putting them in positions to win) while doing it. Sorry not sorry he's not Jim Johnson coaching those early 00's Eagles defenses.
Let's face it, no matter the caliber of coach, you still need the horses. It is not one or the other.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:46 AM 01-22-2023
Spags has his problems as a defensive coordinator, and always has when he doesn't have a dominant front four like he had with the Giants (who wouldn't, really), but we're going to our FIFTH titty****ing AFCCG with him calling the defense using an absurdly high number of rookies (and putting them in positions to win) while doing it. Sorry not sorry he's not Jim Johnson coaching those early 00's Eagles defenses.
Thing is, if you liked that Watson INT, then you have to accept the Karlaftis coverage mismatch.

Because both happened due to a blitz scheme.

Spags is a gambler, but I argue that he doesn't have a lot of choice, he has to because we're so inconsistent with rushing 4.

Sometimes the blitz works, and Sneed or Reid or someone gets a sack, or Watson gets the INT on the ball thrown earlier than the QB wanted. Sometimes the offense has just the right play called and you get Karlaftis trying to cover Kirk.

It's the risk.

But I'll say again: 5 rookies in your top 12 defenders.

Spags has done an incredible job this season.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:50 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Same thing, though. Only in a straight 3-4, one of your outside backers will have coverage duties on any given play.

At least with Spags, it was a zone blitz, so you had a shot at getting a quick sack or pass disruption.

Grandpa Bob just lined up in the exact same play-call every down, rotating the OLB pass rushers.
And credit to where it's due - it was a great play call by Pederson putting Christian Kirk in the backfield knowing Spags had a tendency on certain blitzes to put Karlaftis one-on-one with the back leaking out to that side. Pederson won that rep, it really does happen occasionally.

Sutton was Gunther from the mid-90's.....older and way calmer, but not willing to change much up at all. His "we don't adjust to them; they adjust to us" comment made me want to punt a baby seal.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:52 AM 01-22-2023

You are such an insufferable c u $ t.. We are playing in our 5th ****ing straight AFCCG...
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:02 AM 01-22-2023

I love how I troll you and you spend all this time responding.

Why not address the fact that only one individual on the planet has coached more playoff games than Andy Reid?

It’s okay. Maybe one day you’ll figure out how defensive schemes work too.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 26
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up