ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 333
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
Mecca 05:08 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by tk13:
Guessing that's cause San Diego spent 6 mill on one dude a few weeks ago in the international market.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:11 PM 01-31-2023
I just can't get that excited about international signings. 16 year old. That's a long ass time before they are ready.
[Reply]
poolboy 05:17 PM 01-31-2023
Feeling a little better about the pitching now with Zach back in the fold...
Pitching might be a strength for us this year
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:28 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Feeling a little better about the pitching now with Zach back in the fold...
Pitching might be a strength for us this year
I have a feeling a new pitching coach will do wonders for Daniel Lynch. He would show lots of flashes and then one bad inning would do him in and always got worse when Cal came out.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 06:16 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
I just can't get that excited about international signings. 16 year old. That's a long ass time before they are ready.
The fact that AJ Preller and the Padres were on him is reason to be optimistic. Preller is one of the best international scouting evaluators in the game.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:24 PM 01-31-2023
Wish they would just come out and say East Village. Even though they probably have to grease the dirty politician wheels for the other sides to get them support the East Village site.

Brooks Sherman says the #Royals have narrowed their ballpark district location down to 4-5 sites but doesn’t state any specifics.

— Anne Rogers (@anne__rogers) January 31, 2023

[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:19 AM 02-02-2023
The Athletic's Keith Law ranks the Royals' farm system No. 16 in baseball.

https://theathletic.com/4138444/2023...urce=twitterhq

16. Kansas City Royals

The Royals placed just one guy on my top 100, but I love the depth in this system and its capacity for a big improvement overall in the next year. The class of high school pitchers they took in 2021 hasn’t made its mark yet, but the top two guys they took, lefty Frank Mozzicato and righty Ben Kudrna, still have the same upside the Royals saw in high school — they aren’t all Andrew Painters. There’s some catching depth, some outfield depth, a lot of athletes, and some more arms than I mentioned. It’s a big challenge for the Royals’ player development group, but also means they could make a big move in the next 12 months — and they’ve done some great stuff with hitting prospects in the past two years.

[Reply]
Mecca 11:20 AM 02-02-2023
They're holding off on making the Greinke deal official which means someone is probably getting moved.
[Reply]
cmh6476 11:24 AM 02-02-2023
I went ahead and did the 3-pack to snatch opening day tickets as well. I assume you won't be able to get opening day after tickets go on sale to the general public tomorrow :-)
[Reply]
Why Not? 01:53 PM 02-02-2023
Anyone else going to this Fan Fest deal on Saturday at the K? Seems kinda cool and it will be nice out for February. Got myself and my sons tickets. Could be lame I guess but what else is going on in the sports world this Saturday?
[Reply]
Ocotillo 12:42 PM 02-03-2023

Full powder. ��️ pic.twitter.com/xNnxXZwL1d

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) February 3, 2023

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:50 PM 02-03-2023

In a corresponding move, LHP Anthony Misiewicz has been designated for assignment.

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) February 3, 2023

[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 03:49 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
The Athletic's Keith Law ranks the Royals' farm system No. 16 in baseball.

https://theathletic.com/4138444/2023...urce=twitterhq

16. Kansas City Royals

The Royals placed just one guy on my top 100, but I love the depth in this system and its capacity for a big improvement overall in the next year. The class of high school pitchers they took in 2021 hasn’t made its mark yet, but the top two guys they took, lefty Frank Mozzicato and righty Ben Kudrna, still have the same upside the Royals saw in high school — they aren’t all Andrew Painters. There’s some catching depth, some outfield depth, a lot of athletes, and some more arms than I mentioned. It’s a big challenge for the Royals’ player development group, but also means they could make a big move in the next 12 months — and they’ve done some great stuff with hitting prospects in the past two years.
I'm glad that someone with the gravitas of Keith Law is saying this...because despite the top-level talent deficiency (mainly due to graduating our best in '22), I've never understood the idea that the system is devoid of talent. There are some really interesting guys that have the potential to shoot up the prospect lists, depending on their 2023.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 04:29 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
Trash. Every team has been doing powder blues. Even the Rangers. It's all over sports.

Yes, the Royals actually wore it once upon a time, but so did the Rangers. Most all teams had a powder blue uniform, and most all teams are bringing them back. The Twins wear all powder blue uni's regularly. Phillies do it too.

Big L for the Royals. What happened to those City Connect unis? Those were legit. Bought myself a City Connect Royals hat, I did. It was $52.
[Reply]
Why Not? 04:38 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
Trash. Every team has been doing powder blues. Even the Rangers. It's all over sports.

Yes, the Royals actually wore it once upon a time, but so did the Rangers. Most all teams had a powder blue uniform, and most all teams are bringing them back. The Twins wear all powder blue uni's regularly. Phillies do it too.

Big L for the Royals. What happened to those City Connect unis? Those were legit. Bought myself a City Connect Royals hat, I did. It was $52.
Relax. Those are just the opening day uniforms. I mean, they’ll wear them some in 2023 but the CC uniforms will be worn at times this season.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 333
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Up