ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 16
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Wylie sucks
Titty Meat 08:48 AM 10-18-2022
Brown does too but this is bench worthy

Per PFF, Patrick Mahomes was pressured 20 times yesterday. Only 2 of them were put on Mahomes’ shoulders, neither a sack.

Wylie was credited with 9 total pressures and 3 sacks allowed. Brown ended with 7 total pressures allowed. These guys are a legit problem right now.
[Reply]
493rd 01:09 PM 10-18-2022
Line not fixed
[Reply]
PHOG 01:31 PM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Daryl Williams is still sitting out there, guy started every game for the Bills the past 2 years. Moved to guard during the year last season but played RT for his whole career before that. No way in living hell you can tell me he wouldn't be better than Wylie. Bobbie Massie is out there, started 13 games for the Donks and had a 70.0 PFF rating last year. I know PFF is trash but I'm sure that's better than Wylie.

I mean at this point you have to do something, right? I just can't fathom sitting and watching this film if I'm the coaches and saying "This is fine, we'll be fine."
Why isn't Daryl Williams playing somewhere? He's pretty good, and versatile. :-) Bart Vatch?
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 01:38 PM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Why isn't Daryl Williams playing somewhere? He's pretty good, and versatile. :-) Bart Vatch?
Was wondering the same thing, thought it was an old list or something when I looked at it and assumed he had been picked up, but he's still out there.

Like I said, no sane person can tell me he wouldn't be an instant upgrade over Wylie. There's no reason you stay with the status quo right now. It's not working, and no amount of time or gelling is going to fix that. You have to at least try something else. We're 6 games in and these guys are just getting worse.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:01 PM 10-18-2022
Wylie, along with Reiter, has been my least favorite Chief for several years now.

I think he blows goats. I've always thought that, and so that's all I'll say on the matter.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:17 PM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Wylie, along with Reiter, has been my least favorite Chief for several years now.

I think he blows goats. I've always thought that, and so that's all I'll say on the matter.
Yet somehow, one of the best coaches in NFL history continues to see him as a viable starting RT protecting a $500 million generational QB.

It really makes you wonder what the hell goes through the minds of these guys. For all his genius and everything he's done, the guy has an absolutely massive flaw of getting attached to these complete and utter garbage players. I just don't understand it and never will.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:19 PM 10-18-2022
Yet somehow, one of the best coaches in NFL history continues to see him as a viable starting RT protecting a $500 million generational QB.

It really makes you wonder what the hell goes through the minds of these guys. For all his genius and everything he's done, the guy has an absolutely massive flaw of getting attached to these complete and utter garbage players. I just don't understand it and never will.
nobody's perfect?

I don't know. It's all I've got.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:27 PM 10-18-2022
There's no excuse for not giving him a shot at this point.

I love Andy Reid to death, he has saved this franchise. However, some of his flaws and OCD issues when it comes to things like this continue to drive me bonkers. Wylie is pure goddamn trash. Get him off the field. No amount of "time and gelling" is going to fix it.
He's loyal to a fault, always has been

"I'm confident Coach Heck will get that cleaned up"
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:37 PM 10-18-2022
yup
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:38 PM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Allegretti At Rt guard and kick Smith out to Rt tackle.. Trey may not have the mobility with his ankle though.. Just spit-balling…
Allegretti has been pretty terrible at guard as well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:55 PM 10-18-2022

As bad as Wylie is, it's entirely possible that the guys behind him are even WORSE. It's not all on Andy.
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:01 PM 10-18-2022
Why don't you stop putting him on blast Billy or we will be settling our differences at Dixon's chili Blue Ridge, got it!
[Reply]
DRM08 03:08 PM 10-18-2022
I know everyone hates the idea of moving guards to tackle, but I don't know what the hell you do at this point. Allegretti is a starting caliber player rotting on the bench while we have a complete useless scrub playing RT. Sometimes you just have to put the best 5 out there at least for the short term.

I don't know, I'm so sick of watching Patrick run for his life and get pulverized every drop back. It's not acceptable. Eventually our luck is going to run out and he's going to get hurt, and that's when shit is really going to hit the fan. It's so irresponsible of this organization to allow this shit.
They've tried, but the busts with Orlando & Niang have been pretty damaging to the effort of trying to replace Fisher & Schwartz. The crazy thing is Fisher & Schwartz were just fine in 2020 and then all of a sudden, it was over with both of them. Very shitty luck.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:09 PM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
As bad as Wylie is, it's entirely possible that the guys behind him are even WORSE. It's not all on Andy.
This is where I'm at. If there was someone that much better, they'd be playing. Wylie, in preseason, was supposed to be our first backup, not a starter. And probably really at guard, not OT.

But this isn't about Andy being too attached to Wylie. If this were based on affection, Shady would've played in the SB, at least for a few snaps, so Andy's good friend Lesean, could play in a SB and earn a ring. Instead, Andy went savage and benched him.

Personally, I don't believe that I could've done the same in that situation. I'd have drawn up a couple plays for my buddy's once-in-a-lifetime shot at playing in the biggest game of his life after so many failed shots at it back in PHI. But Andy just cut him out like a mafia Don. Andy can be cold-blooded when he wants to be.
[Reply]
oldman 03:09 PM 10-18-2022
Nothing would make me happier than seeing Wylie thumbing his way west from Arrowhead to the Greyhound station, but Niang's injury recovery for a big guy is a year. That's direct from a sports ortho doc I know.

According to the "official" depth chart, Christian and the Prince are both listed as LTs and Kinnard as the backup RT. I'd leave Prince at LT because he's still pretty raw and the footwork is different. Kinnard is more of a classic road-grader RT. I wouldn't put him out there against a formidable pass rusher.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:13 PM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
They've tried, but the busts with Orlando & Niang have been pretty damaging to the effort of trying to replace Fisher & Schwartz. The crazy thing is Fisher & Schwartz were just fine in 2020 and then all of a sudden, it was over with both of them. Very shitty luck.
Yep that was just plain old shitty luck

And as you allude to, its not like Veach didn't take a hard swing at fixing it, but it simply hasn't panned out... if we could just get SOMETHING out of Niang down the stretch it would help so much
[Reply]
Page 6 of 16
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up