ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 72 of 94
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark no longer fucking sucks
TwistedChief 09:30 PM 07-30-2022
Ok, guys. Frank has stopped drinking and is serious about this season. I can’t stop drinking for more than 8hrs at a time so Clark’s abstinence is notable and impressive. He and Andy had a heart to heart, shared some cheeseburgers (Frank is probably now also vegan and went Impossible Burger), chugged some Mr. Pibb, and came to an understanding.

Watch his presser from today. It’s probably one of the most real and honest things I’ve seen from a player. If you’re rooting against Frank Clark after that you’re probably either repressing some demons in your life or are related to Red Dawg.

This is a safe space to celebrate Frank Clark this season. 8 sack minimum. Let’s build this guy up rather than choosing to spend the season breaking him down.

Join me on the Shark bandwagon. There’s blood in the water.

And the obligatory: keep doubting Frank fucking Clark.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 12:33 PM 02-02-2023
When you think of all the great pass rushers in the history of the game, it is amazing to think that Clark is currently sitting in 3rd place for postseason sacks. 1 in the Super Bowl and he is tied with Bruce Smith.

If Clark is released and then re-signs with a contender he could easily break the record.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...r_playoffs.htm
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:33 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Got take:

Veach will get a 3rd round pick for Frank.

I’m looking at you, Jacksonville.
Jacksonville has more quality rushers than they have a use for.

And NOBODY is trading for Frank Clark. They just won't. Because ultimately nobody is going to pay the guy $20 million in base salary next year. And that's the contract you'd be trading for.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:37 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
When you think of all the great pass rushers in the history of the game, it is amazing to think that Clark is currently sitting in 3rd place for postseason sacks. 1 in the Super Bowl and he is tied with Bruce Smith.

If Clark is released and then re-signs with a contender he could easily break the record.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...r_playoffs.htm
That's one of the reasons I think he stays. I think he wants that record because he does seem to take pride in getting post-season sacks (y'know, setting aside his half-assing the regular season for a moment).

And there's not a team in football more likely to make the playoffs every year for the next 3 years than KC.

So he's going to stay. But he's not going to refuse to restructure and he's going to restructure in the same manner he did last year. the notable distinction being that there's no more real dead money to push out so it's less of a restructure (though that's how it will be discussed) than it is a cut/re-sign scenario.

I'm guessing Franchise is probably about right on where he ends up. $4-6 million in base with incentives that can get him about twice that. It won't create any 'dead money' because even if there's a face or cap saving mechanism whereby some of his outlay is rolled into 2024, most of it will be in the form of additional non-guaranteed dollars just like last season.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:40 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's one of the reasons I think he stays. I think he wants that record because he does seem to take pride in getting post-season sacks (y'know, setting aside his half-assing the regular season for a moment).

And there's not a team in football more likely to make the playoffs every year for the next 3 years than KC.

So he's going to stay. But he's not going to refuse to restructure and he's going to restructure in the same manner he did last year. the notable distinction being that there's no more real dead money to push out so it's less of a restructure (though that's how it will be discussed) than it is a cut/re-sign scenario.

I'm guessing Franchise is probably about right on where he ends up. $4-6 million in base with incentives that can get him about twice that. It won't create any 'dead money' because even if there's a face or cap saving mechanism whereby some of his outlay is rolled into 2024, most of it will be in the form of additional non-guaranteed dollars just like last season.
I'm not a huge fan of him being on this team next year but if his cap hit is brought down into the $12-13 million range....then it's more palatable. I'm also not a fan of him starting either. Bring his ass in off the bench and bring in 1-2 more guys.

Karlaftis
Danna
Clark
??
??

If they do decided to just part ways with him, then I'd hope they would find a way to bring back Dunlap for another one year deal.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:41 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I'm not a huge fan of him being on this team next year but if his cap hit is brought down into the $12-13 million range....then it's more palatable. I'm also not a fan of him starting either. Bring his ass in off the bench and bring in 1-2 more guys.

Karlaftis
Danna
Clark
??
??

If they do decided to just part ways with him, then I'd hope they would find a way to bring back Dunlap for another one year deal.
I'd rather attempt to start the Karlaftis/Davenport era at DE, but bringing Clark back on any sort of real number would likely preclude that. And ultimately Davenport seems to be the top of a pretty thin FA defensive end class so he's probably going to get more than we'd want to pay.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:41 PM 02-02-2023

I mean…worse things could (and have) happened.

As long as he’s somewhat cheap and helps out in the postseason, I guess it works.

We just have to accept what this is. After all of the years of key guys disappearing in the postseason, we now have the exact opposite. He’s basically an NBA player who has found his own load management schedule without telling anyone.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:42 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yeah. That "keeping him at his current cap hit" bullshit was so far the dumbest shit I've seen today. He's making more than Chris Jones this year if you do that.
Laying out options of what we can do.

All I know is if we have to do what we did last year with Frank we’ll never hear the end of this from DJ :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:43 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I mean…worse things could (and have) happened.

As long as he’s somewhat cheap and helps out in the postseason, I guess it works.

We just have to accept what this is. After all of the years of key guys disappearing in the postseason, we now have the exact opposite. He’s basically an NBA player who has found his own load management schedule without telling anyone.
Let's also be honest - he's turning 30 and he's never been a very healthy player. There's a pretty decent chance he ages like milk.

If you're of the 'better to move on from a guy a year early than a year late' school, the time to get out of the Frank Clark game is probably now.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:44 PM 02-02-2023
I'd rather attempt to start the Karlaftis/Davenport era at DE, but bringing Clark back on any sort of real number would likely preclude that. And ultimately Davenport seems to be the top of a pretty thin FA defensive end class so he's probably going to get more than we'd want to pay.
I'm right there with you. With how the FA pool is looking for WR and OT...I'm all for blowing as much of our load on Davenport as Veach is comfortable with. That's assuming that Clark is gone.

Then draft WR, OT and DT.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:45 PM 02-02-2023
Let's also be honest - he's turning 30 and he's never been a very healthy player. There's a pretty decent chance he ages like milk.
It would be hilarious if he just did this same shit for the next decade.

Nonexistent regular season. Battles injuries and illness all year. 4.5 sacks in the regular season. 2+ sacks every postseason.

Puts the post season sack record completely out of reach forever with like 35. It would look like whenever you look up NBA stats and see Wilt Chamberlain at the top.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:10 PM 02-02-2023
Davenport is exactly the type of player that a team with money spends big on to try to get back on track.

Randy Gregory was a brokedick who had a career high of 6 sacks and 1 dumb team gave him $14 million/ year while his old team came close to that.

Figure someone will offer more than that for Davenport
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:18 PM 02-02-2023
I don't love the idea of brigning him back, again, at anything of significance. Definitely not something that's structured to actually pay him 8 digit AAV.

He's a $7.5M dead cap hit next year. If they can do something that has an easy out after the $23 season and significantly cuts his cap number while being nearly neutral compared to his dead cap hit, I'm not against that idea.

Something that adds 3-4M to his 2023 dead cap total is probably something that you can live with, as long as you're supplementing DE in the draft again and plannign to walk away.

Is there a deal there that makes sense for Clark, though? That's hard to find and get to.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:19 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I don't love the idea of brigning him back, again, at anything of significance. Definitely not something that's structured to actually pay him 8 digit AAV.

He's a $7.5M dead cap hit next year. If they can do something that has an easy out after the $23 season and significantly cuts his cap number while being nearly neutral compared to his dead cap hit, I'm not against that idea.

Something that adds 3-4M to his 2023 dead cap total is probably something that you can live with, as long as you're supplementing DE in the draft again and plannign to walk away.

Is there a deal there that makes sense for Clark, though? That's hard to find and get to.
DJ and I talked about it already but if you can cut his base salary from $20 million down to $4-6 million with some incentives built in....then the contract is at least doable. If he's unwilling to do that...then cut his ass and thank him for the postseason sacks.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02-02-2023, 01:19 PM
This message has been deleted by DJ's left nut.
DJ's left nut 01:30 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

He got about $15 million in 'new' money last year with his base and signing bonus. I'd offer him about half that. If we can get him to sign a 2 year deal with no guarantees in year two and we give him a $2 million base with a $6 million bonus to bring his number down to $5 million this year and $3 million dead next year - fine. I'd just shrug that off as neither good nor bad.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:58 PM 02-02-2023

Frank Clark said Andy Reid is a real father figure to him since he lost his own father in a house fire a few years ago.

Said he spends a lot of time with Andy and their conversations have brought them real close.#Chiefs

— PJ Green (@PJGreenTV) February 2, 2023

[Reply]
Page 72 of 94
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682 > Last »
Up