ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 66 of 81
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tom Brady Retiring
Dante84 01:31 PM 01-29-2022
Patrick Mahomes, you’re up.

2023 version:

Video of Tom Brady making the news official: “I’m retiring. For good.”pic.twitter.com/oEPV3smYrH https://t.co/Rt37oFP7Jh

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) February 1, 2023

2022 version:

Tom Brady is retiring from football after 22 extraordinary seasons, multiple sources tell @JeffDarlington and me.

More coming on https://t.co/rDZaVFhcDQ. pic.twitter.com/6CHWmMlyXg

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 29, 2022

EDIT: Timeline below.
1. Darlington & Schefter report Brady is retiring.
2. TB12, Tom’s brand/company, tweet (then later delete) about his retirement.
3. Toms teammates tweet about his retirement.
4. Tom’s agent, dad, Arians, and Licht all say Tom hasn’t decided yet.
5. Ian Rappaport says many sources confirm Tom plans to retire but the pushback is due to timing.
6. Tom announces retirement again in 2023.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:38 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Brady is not the best ever. I have seen every playoff game and many of his regular season games. Not even gonna mention the PI calls he got but more than anything he was helped a great deal by defense more than any QB that has a ring. He scored 10 points and won a SB, He threw 3 picks in one half and won a playoff game, he fumbled the Tuck rule game and he admitted it, Bledsoe saved the day at Pitt 20 years ago, early 2000's were totally driven by defense and video tape cheating the NFL covered up and of course the big Wilson int got him one as well. Brady has never had to carry a team with his arm since he had a top 10 defense literally his entire career.

He's a great leader, worked hard and could get some points in the 4th after crapping himself the other 3 quarters some of the time but no way you watch other QB's and say he's better than all of them. Bunch of 4th quarters getting to FG range for the win is not greatness.
Montana has a higher career passer rating in the playoffs than Tom Brady, but no one else is above Brady who has 10 playoff wins.

You can dislike Brady and try to say he isn't the best ever, but you have to do that based on your feelings and emotions because he's about twice as accomplished as the next most accomplished QB and he holds all the main records a QB can hold.
[Reply]
GoForIt 12:07 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Montana has a higher career passer rating in the playoffs than Tom Brady, but no one else is above Brady who has 10 playoff wins.

You can dislike Brady and try to say he isn't the best ever, but you have to do that based on your feelings and emotions because he's about twice as accomplished as the next most accomplished QB and he holds all the main records a QB can hold.
Yes. He is the gold standard for wins and stats. Dude has it all and by a mile over everyone else.
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:21 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by GoForIt:
Yes. He is the gold standard for wins and stats. Dude has it all and by a mile over everyone else.
It is possible to acknowledge that someone you don't like is great at their job. You don't have to be a fan or anything.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 12:25 PM 02-02-2023
Is Bill Russell considered the best NBA player ever since he has the most championships?

Most people would say Jordan because of his combination of skill set + rings.

That will be Brady’s legacy… the most championships, but there are/will be better QB’s when you look at it comprehensively in terms of talent, physical abilities, on-field success, etc.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 01:00 PM 02-02-2023

The most insane thing you will hear anyone say on television this week. pic.twitter.com/dH3a0fwvWw

— Joe Giglio (@JoeGiglioSports) February 1, 2023

[Reply]
GoForIt 01:14 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Is Bill Russell considered the best NBA player ever since he has the most championships?

Most people would say Jordan because of his combination of skill set + rings.

That will be Brady’s legacy… the most championships, but there are/will be better QB’s when you look at it comprehensively in terms of talent, physical abilities, on-field success, etc.
I have Russell as the GOAT of the NBA but one can make the argument of era when comparing him with Jordan. The league was not as integrated as Jordan's era and there were far few teams. Brady has played his entire career during the Cap/FA era which is the toughest era to play in given teams can't keep their players like they could when Montana, Starr, etc played. Plus, Brady has literally every single record from winning to stats. And he owns all of them by a ton over any past player or current.
[Reply]
PHOG 03:30 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by GoForIt:
I have Russell as the GOAT of the NBA but one can make the argument of era when comparing him with Jordan. The league was not as integrated as Jordan's era and there were far few teams. Brady has played his entire career during the Cap/FA era which is the toughest era to play in given teams can't keep their players like they could when Montana, Starr, etc played. Plus, Brady has literally every single record from winning to stats. And he owns all of them by a ton over any past player or current.
For now. :-)
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:47 PM 02-02-2023
Can't wait to get to the bar and see espn's nonstop coverage of this, again
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:08 PM 02-02-2023
The guy has 7-rings, pretty much all the stats, dominated Peyton Manning H2H, and beat Mahomes in SB and AFC Championship.

If you are being objective, I'd think anyone who knows football can easily make the best case for him being the GOAT QB.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:10 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
The guy has 7-rings, pretty much all the stats, dominated Peyton Manning H2H, and beat Mahomes in SB and AFC Championship.

If you are being objective, I'd think anyone who knows football can easily make the best case for him being the GOAT QB.
He didn’t dominate Manning. Bill Belicheck did
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 04:13 PM 02-02-2023

Early part of his career he was a glorified game manager, backed by Belichick’s superior defensive gameplans that were the primary basis of the team’s success.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:18 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He didn’t dominate Manning. Bill Belicheck did
Right. I guess that's why BB has had so much success wout Brady.
[Reply]
tredadda 04:32 PM 02-02-2023

His stats come from longevity and rarely being injured. Credit where credit is due. Now of those 7 rings how many are because of Brady and not him being the beneficiary of a great defense and/or luck? I can count at least 4 times when Brady got a ring due to Bill or sheer luck.
[Reply]
tredadda 04:34 PM 02-02-2023
Right. I guess that's why BB has had so much success wout Brady.
Sure, but that’s not really a good comparison as Brady didn’t exactly go to the Lions/Jets/Jags after leaving NE. He went to a loaded TB and then played like crud all playoffs only to be bailed out by his defense. How many SBs does Brady win without a Top 10-15 defense backing him?
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:35 PM 02-02-2023
He's the MOAT. Most Accomplished of All Time. That dude rode top 10 defenses and checkdowns to all of those rings.
[Reply]
Page 66 of 81
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076 > Last »
Up