ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 81
< 1234 56781454 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tom Brady Retiring
Dante84 01:31 PM 01-29-2022
Patrick Mahomes, you’re up.

2023 version:

Video of Tom Brady making the news official: “I’m retiring. For good.”pic.twitter.com/oEPV3smYrH https://t.co/Rt37oFP7Jh

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) February 1, 2023

2022 version:

Tom Brady is retiring from football after 22 extraordinary seasons, multiple sources tell @JeffDarlington and me.

More coming on https://t.co/rDZaVFhcDQ. pic.twitter.com/6CHWmMlyXg

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 29, 2022

EDIT: Timeline below.
1. Darlington & Schefter report Brady is retiring.
2. TB12, Tom’s brand/company, tweet (then later delete) about his retirement.
3. Toms teammates tweet about his retirement.
4. Tom’s agent, dad, Arians, and Licht all say Tom hasn’t decided yet.
5. Ian Rappaport says many sources confirm Tom plans to retire but the pushback is due to timing.
6. Tom announces retirement again in 2023.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 01:46 PM 01-29-2022
Big Rape is probably fuming.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 01:47 PM 01-29-2022
My guess is a PED scandal involving Tom will break in the near future and that’s the reason for the retirement.

There is no way that guy wasn’t juicing in some manner. No one plays like he did at age 44. No one has ever done it.

You’re not gonna tell me his dietary regimen was better than anyone else’s ever has been and that’s the reason for it.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 01:48 PM 01-29-2022
Thank gawd. Football will be better without him. His time was played out 5 years ago.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 01:49 PM 01-29-2022
over/under on the number of Tom Brady retiring threads
[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 01-29-2022, 01:49 PM
This message has been deleted by LongSufferingToady. Reason: I'm a jerk.
Sassy Squatch 01:50 PM 01-29-2022
:-) How the fuck was this the thing LA Confora got right?
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 01:50 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
They're not going to look anywhere near as good as they did this year. A lot of guys will be moving on
Exactly, they’ll be back to their home grown talent, all the stars they bought in for the run will be gone. Brown, Gronk, Suh, Lenny. They’ll be right back to no quarterback to throw the ball to Evans, and Godwin (if they re-sign him). Plus what has Arians done outside of Brady’s all star team?

Also Al Bundy, the run has ended as quickly as it started. Wondering if you’re gonna go back to being a cool poster, or still gonna act like an entitled dick?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:50 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
My guess is a PED scandal involving Tom will break in the near future and that’s the reason for the retirement.

There is no way that guy wasn’t juicing in some manner. No one plays like he did at age 44. No one has ever done it.

You’re not gonna tell me his dietary regimen was better than anyone else’s ever has been and that’s the reason for it.
I can’t imagine the League allowing that to come out. That would taint the last 20 years of the sport.
[Reply]
eDave 01:50 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Thank gawd. Football will be better without him. His time was played out 5 years ago.
He’s had a farewell tour going strong for at least 4 years.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 01:50 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Spott:
Plays one game without getting every call his way and he quits. Sums up his entire career.
Defense didn't save him and the Bucs have too many FAs. Team will be shit. Bye bye Gronk and many others will walk.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:50 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Let's be honest...unless Mahomes plays over 20 years, it's going to be tough to pass many of those. And obviously 7+ SBs is very unlikely.

He's not just chasing a good QB. He's chasing a guy who played for good teams for 22 years.
Plus, he'll never have the league and the ref$ in his back pocket.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:51 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) How the fuck was this the thing LA Confora got right?
All the signs were pointing to this :-)
[Reply]
DRM08 01:51 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Hell, look how much fucking luck Brady needed for those titles.

Just last year the Packers and Chiefs both lost their starting LTs late. Buccaneers probably don’t even make the Super Bowl without that Bahktiari injury. Probably don’t win it without the Fisher injury.
There is always a lot of luck involved. Injuries alone are pure luck for any team that is able to stay healthy in the playoffs. KC was fortunate in 2019. They’ve been mostly fortunate this year.

That said, Brady has had some extra luck on his side. The fumble in the snow. The Dee Ford INT. Kyle Shanahan going braindead with clock management. Pete Carroll’s decision to throw the ball on the 1 yard line when he had an unstoppable running back.
[Reply]
stevieray 01:51 PM 01-29-2022

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 01:52 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by LongSufferingToady:
Just remember, Tom has Giselle while Patrick has ("gulp") Brittany...

(I'll show myself out.)

:-)
God damn, you can’t keep Brittany’s name out of your mouth? Obsessive much??
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:52 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
There is always a lot of luck involved. Injuries alone are pure luck for any team that is able to stay healthy in the playoffs. KC was fortunate in 2019. They’ve been mostly fortunate this year.

That said, Brady has had some extra luck on his side. The fumble in the snow. The Dee Ford INT. Kyle Shanahan going full reerun with clock management.
And that’s my point. Knowing each title requires at least SOME luck means that catching Brady’s number of titles is just short of impossible.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 81
< 1234 56781454 > Last »
Up