ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 82
« First < 678910 111213142060 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tom Brady Retiring
Dante84 01:31 PM 01-29-2022
Patrick Mahomes, you’re up.

2023 version:

Video of Tom Brady making the news official: “I’m retiring. For good.”pic.twitter.com/oEPV3smYrH https://t.co/Rt37oFP7Jh

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) February 1, 2023

2022 version:

Tom Brady is retiring from football after 22 extraordinary seasons, multiple sources tell @JeffDarlington and me.

More coming on https://t.co/rDZaVFhcDQ. pic.twitter.com/6CHWmMlyXg

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 29, 2022

EDIT: Timeline below.
1. Darlington & Schefter report Brady is retiring.
2. TB12, Tom’s brand/company, tweet (then later delete) about his retirement.
3. Toms teammates tweet about his retirement.
4. Tom’s agent, dad, Arians, and Licht all say Tom hasn’t decided yet.
5. Ian Rappaport says many sources confirm Tom plans to retire but the pushback is due to timing.
6. Tom announces retirement again in 2023.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:37 PM 01-29-2022
I'll believe this when I see it.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 02:38 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
And just like that, DPI and defensive holding penalties instantly decline by 50% league wide next year.

Goodbye, Tom. You’re a complete fraud and I only hope someday it all comes out. Even if it doesn’t, we’re all just glad you’re finally goddamn gone.

From the bottom of our hearts, we hate you and will forget you instantly.
Great post.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:38 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs:
Arrogant Rodgers
:-)
[Reply]
DRM08 02:38 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
People will always use the losses to Brady as some sort of way to discount Mahomes’ greatness. I have faith that the end PMII’s record of accomplishments will allow most to see through it.

Obviously, that is a time will tell take.
Mahomes never had the defense backing him like Brady. I think Mahomes is facing more depth of competition in terms of talented young QB’s. His Hall of Fame coach is also much older and will be gone in the near future.

Brady got 20 years with Belichick. That includes miraculous stuff like Belichick’s defense stopping Seattle on the 1 yard line or heavily slowing down the Rams in 2 different Super Bowls where the Rams had a pretty great offense. Belichick’s defense also shut out Mahomes in the first half of a game that went to overtime.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:38 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Anybody got Barry McCockiner’s latest Twitter handle? I imagine he’s got a few great things to say!
https://twitter.com/BarryOnHere

Nothing yet.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:39 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I'll believe this when I see it.

He’s done man. It’s over.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:39 PM 01-29-2022
That’s impressive until you consider it’s poverty compared to Mahomes taking his team to the conference championship 100% of the time :-)

Tom Brady led his team to a conference title game in 14 of his 21 healthy seasons (66.7% of the time).

Brady's career completion percentage was 64.2%.

He literally was more likely to lead his team to a conference title game than to complete a pass. Insane #Patriots #Buccaneers

— John Breech (@johnbreech) January 29, 2022

[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:40 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
My guess is a PED scandal involving Tom will break in the near future and that’s the reason for the retirement.

There is no way that guy wasn’t juicing in some manner. No one plays like he did at age 44. No one has ever done it.

You’re not gonna tell me his dietary regimen was better than anyone else’s ever has been and that’s the reason for it.
Makes a lot more sense than anything else.
[Reply]
eDave 02:42 PM 01-29-2022
[Reply]
staylor26 02:43 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
That’s impressive until you consider it’s poverty compared to Mahomes taking his team to the conference championship 100% of the time :-)

The media doesn’t give Pat credit for team accomplishments like they do with Brady.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:43 PM 01-29-2022
Yep. He's Lance Armstrong before the story broke.

Unfortunately, unlike Armstrong, all the shit he won through cheating can't be taken back.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:44 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:

He’s done man. It’s over.
In every horror movie I've ever seen, it always takes more than one shot to put the villain down. They always come back.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 02:45 PM 01-29-2022
They just showed Bernard Pollard at the 24 hours of Daytona race.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:45 PM 01-29-2022
I remember the years when Brett Favre would just tell people he was retiring in January and then show up in August like nothing happened. I won't trust Brady on this shit either. Not until I don't see him on a field when he's clearly still good enough to play.
[Reply]
Graystoke 02:47 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yep. He's Lance Armstrong before the story broke.

Unfortunately, unlike Armstrong, all the shit he won through cheating can't be taken back.
That’s the truth. Only reason Lance got busted, and stripped, is because he was a tyrant and the salty Europeans.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 82
« First < 678910 111213142060 > Last »
Up