ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 16
« First < 61213141516
Nzoner's Game Room>"NFL Coach" says Mahomes Flopped
petegz28 06:12 PM 01-31-2023
Never mind it was a penalty regardless but a "NFL Coach" is mad as heck and stuff...

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nfl-c...ing-field-goal

When Patrick Mahomes was hit late, the penalty set up the Kansas City Chiefs for the game-winning 45-yard field goal.

However, with some controversial officiating throughout the night, the call has come with some scrutiny not only among fans, but NFL coaches as well.

In fact, an NFL coach says Mahomes sold the hit in order to get the extra yards.

"That is what the owners want, $40 million skill players flopping on the ground," an NFC defensive coach told The Athletic, "drawing fouls from chemistry teachers, medical device salesmen and the like."

The coach was referring to the fact that NFL referees are actually part-time employees by the league. Retired official Ed Houchili is an attorney, a career he held throughout his entire refereeing career — his son, Shawn, is a wealth management advisor when he's not officiating games.

Mahomes was tackled by Joseph Ossai at the Bengals' 42-yard line, but the penalty cost Cincinnati 15 yards.

Had the refs eaten the whistle, the Chiefs would have had eight seconds to attempt to get closer (or go for a 60-yarder). Instead, they were right in field goal range, and Harrison Butker drilled it.

The kick sent the Chiefs to their third Super Bowl in four years, and they improved to 3-2 in their last five AFC Championships - all of which they have hosted since 2019.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:44 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by Spott:
I honestly don’t go anywhere else for Chiefs news, or pretty much any NFL news. If it’s important, this place always seems like the first to know.
Same here.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:49 PM 02-02-2023
I honestly don’t go anywhere else for Chiefs news, or pretty much any NFL news. If it’s important, this place always seems like the first to know.
I don't usually either. But I'm also not much interested in hearing the negativity that infests this place sometimes.

The two weeks before the Raiders game were just absolutely silly. You'd think we actually lost to the Texans and Broncos or something.
[Reply]
PHOG 04:06 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Same here.
Yep.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 04:16 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I don't usually either. But I'm also not much interested in hearing the negativity that infests this place sometimes.

The two weeks before the Raiders game were just absolutely silly. You'd think we actually lost to the Texans and Broncos or something.
Rarely do I discuss the old “Chiefsplanet used to be different” than it is now. Because we bitched so much about the 90’s while floundering in the 00’s and the QB controversies, that it was just a waste of time.

But now, with the advent of easily swayed smooth brains, this message board is definitely different.

Anyway, you’re a super good dude. And we will win this SB and let the SM world burn while we celebrate.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 16
« First < 61213141516
Up