ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 20
« First < 101617181920
Nzoner's Game Room>Joe "Cool" and being elite? Yeah, no.
mr. tegu 05:54 PM 01-30-2023
I admit I realize I have been overestimating him like many others. He is quite good but elite he is not and he definitely hasn't earned his "cool" moniker. And I have heard multiple pundits now say, even after yesterday he is a better QB than Mahomes, but Mahomes is the better player. Talk about moving the goalposts to fit your narrative.

I will give him credit for the Brady comparison though as he has absolutely been carried by his defense and luck like Brady was in his earlier years in winning playoff games. But Burrow isn't as clutch as Brady was even back then.

And for those who think he is even close to Mahomes:

Burrow 0 times 30 point postseason games to Mahomes 8
300 yard games is 1 to 7
TD drives in fourth quarter is a whopping 0 to 14

Good old Nick Wright has more in the video but here is a picture with the most relevant part of Burrow's fourth quarter stats in the postseason. It's remarkable the Bengals have won any games honestly in the postseason.

Attached: Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 5.50.28 PM.png (95.2 KB) 
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:06 PM 09-10-2023
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
It's week 1.... the Benglas will be fine and in the playoffs.

Anyone over-reacting to this Bengals loss (as nice as it may be) is just the same type of person that says the Chiefs are done.
Exactly. People soon forget that the Bengals started off 0-2 last year and yet still played us in the AFCCG.

Divisional games are always 'different birds' and don't always go to the more talented unless of course you are in the AFC West:-)
[Reply]
redfan 03:06 PM 09-10-2023
Joe Blows. Probably not totally healed, but fuck him.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:06 PM 09-10-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Exactly. People soon forget that the Bengals started off 0-2 last year and yet still played us in the AFCCG.

Divisional games are always 'different birds' and don't always go to the more talented unless of course you are in the AFC West:-)
They lost 2, 3 point games, one to the Steelers and one to the Cowboys. Burrow threw for 338 and 199 in those games. Today they got beat by 21 and Burrow threw for 82 yards. That's a horrendous start, and while it may turn out like last year, they are currently not comparable.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:13 PM 09-10-2023
Last year it took a comedy of errors to lose to the Steelers in OT. 5-0 turnover disparity and a couple blocked kicks. Bit different than just getting demolished in every phase.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:14 PM 09-10-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Worst QB of all time imho
This!
[Reply]
DRM08 04:17 PM 09-10-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Last year it took a comedy of errors to lose to the Steelers in OT. 5-0 turnover disparity and a couple blocked kicks. Bit different than just getting demolished in every phase.
That's true, but they also got crushed by a bad Cleveland team on Halloween. Cleveland just owns the Bengals in general.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup/_/gameId/401437818
[Reply]
Page 20 of 20
« First < 101617181920
Up