ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>Chick. Black Chick.
vailpass 01:01 PM 07-14-2019
Because ruining Ghost Busters wasn't enough...

Next 007 will be revealed in 'Bond 25': report

The next James Bond film will show the secret agent pass the torch — and fans of the Ian Fleming-inspired franchise are in for a shock as to which star gets the latest license to kill.

Reports claim that the next Agent 007 will be played by British actress Lashana Lynch.

Lynch, 31, had a breakout role in "Captain Marvel" as Maria Rambeau, the titular superhero's best friend and fellow Air Force pilot.

The Daily Mail reports that screenwriter Phoebe Waller-Bridge intervened to pass the torch on to the star.

"There is a pivotal scene at the start of the film where M says 'Come in 007,' and in walks Lashana who is black, beautiful and a woman," a Bond insider claimed. "It's a popcorn-dropping moment. Bond is still Bond but he's been replaced as 007 by this stunning woman."

The source added, "Bond, of course, is sexually attracted to the new female 007 and tries his usual seduction tricks, but is baffled when they don't work on a brilliant, young black woman who basically rolls her eyes at him and has no interest in jumping into his bed. Well, certainly not at the beginning."

The insider also claimed that the phrase "Bond girls" is now verboten: The females in the spy franchise are now reportedly ordered to be called "Bond women."

Waller-Bridge, who pens the hit "Killing Eve," said, "There's been a lot of talk about whether or not Bond is relevant now because of who he is and the way he treats women. I think that's b—t. I think he's absolutely relevant now. [The franchise] has just got to grow. It has just got to evolve, and the important thing is that the film treats the women properly. He doesn't have to. He needs to be true to his character."

The insider claims that the "Bond 25" script will maintain all of the classic Bond elements, including action and fight scenes with star Daniel Craig, while also tackling the super-spy's role in the #MeToo era — but with an injection of humor over overt preaching.

The as-yet-untitled film will also see Christoph Waltz reprise his role as James Bond's arch-enemy Ernst Stavro Blofeld, Variety reported.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...a-lynch-report

[Reply]
Bowser 08:50 PM 07-14-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I liked Atomic Blonde and the Red Sparrow. Women kicking ass and great fight and action scenes. 007 franchise is kind of stale. They were due for a new Bond. Why not?
Women kicking ass in movies is no problem for me (and the majority of us I would assume), but gender bending iconic roles for the sake of wokeness just has no appeal outside of people that push wokeness. IMO, of course.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:52 PM 07-14-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Women kicking ass in movies is no problem for me (and the majority of us I would assume), but gender bending iconic roles for the sake of wokeness just has no appeal outside of people that push wokeness. IMO, of course.
It's not gender bending.

It's a new character that will replace bond.

IN which case I don't think it matters, because I don't think fans will accept a non-bond 007. Some white guy named Charles Murphy wouldn't fare any better.
[Reply]
EPodolak 09:24 PM 07-14-2019
No good reason why the Bond character has to be appropriated in this way. Said the same when it was a black dude who was being considered.

If the time is right to have a franchise crime-fighter of color, or a female, create a new one.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:04 PM 07-14-2019
So shes not going to be Bond...but a Bond Woman? Daniel Craig is still going to be lead? I dont see an issue with it unless shes the lead. That actress is butt ass ugly though. Could do better than that.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:55 PM 07-14-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
It's not gender bending.

It's a new character that will replace bond.

IN which case I don't think it matters, because I don't think fans will accept a non-bond 007. Some white guy named Charles Murphy wouldn't fare any better.
The fuck you say!!

[Reply]
srvy 11:01 PM 07-14-2019
The names Bond Janie Bond.

Or is it Janet or Janel?
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:09 PM 07-14-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The **** you say!!

I noticed it as soon as I posted it.

RIP Charlie Murphy. You were a funny motherfucker. I'll never forget the prince skit.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:40 AM 07-15-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The **** you say!!

:-)
[Reply]
Mennonite 10:18 AM 07-15-2019
Modern movies are garbage. Look at the shit that gets discussed here. Nothing but Disney flicks and retarded rehashes.

Don't pay to watch crap like this and they'll stop making them.
[Reply]
Sorry 12:12 AM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by EPodolak:
No good reason why the Bond character has to be appropriated in this way. Said the same when it was a black dude who was being considered.

If the time is right to have a franchise crime-fighter of color, or a female, create a new one.
Why can't the agent be black? You're not making any sense. 007 isn't a white only character, but you seem to think characters created in a white wash era can't be changed. I'm not for pandering but if a character can plausibly be a different ethnicity then why not? Idc if it's Asian/Indian/black or a woman as long as the character is super charasmatic , cunning, brave, mildly humorous and a badass.

Gal gadot and brie Larson both want to show womena capability but one is presenting the message in a welcoming way and the other is forcing it down our throats in unattractive fashion.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 01:18 AM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by Sorry:
Why can't the agent be black? You're not making any sense. 007 isn't a white only character, but you seem to think characters created in a white wash era can't be changed. I'm not for pandering but if a character can plausibly be a different ethnicity then why not? Idc if it's Asian/Indian/black or a woman as long as the character is super charasmatic , cunning, brave, mildly humorous and a badass.

Gal gadot and brie Larson both want to show womena capability but one is presenting the message in a welcoming way and the other is forcing it down our throats in unattractive fashion.
What do you mean by 'white wash era'? I've never heard that term before, and the context seemingly has nothing to do with white washing.
[Reply]
Bump 01:26 AM 07-16-2019
It will be the 2nd highest rated movie ever on rotten tomatoes!
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:00 PM 07-16-2019
Bond is 007, period.

Go woke, go broke.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:30 PM 07-16-2019

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:38 PM 07-16-2019
this shit will fail so hard

particularly in britain
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3