ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Media Center>The End of YouTube
BleedingRed 12:37 PM 06-18-2019
This is a long video, but its a great example of how Google is going to kill itself.

'
Thought it would be a great conversation starter
[Reply]
Mecca 02:51 PM 06-18-2019
Don't disagree with any of that and I'm aware of it the problem is the people who have decent sized followings don't follow to other platforms, a dude that can pull thousands of people for a youtube stream will get a couple hundred on twitch, that's why most of them don't leave.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 02:59 PM 06-18-2019
I dont like that a public style website censors its users by agenda.... however, anyone crying about demonetizing comes off as lazy. YouTube is a company, they have a business plan and have the right to run it their way.
I like the SJW fails and all that but cmon, just cry and it will change... .how about take initiative and work together to make your own format
[Reply]
kcxiv 05:13 PM 06-18-2019
someone just needs to come up with another platform. SOmeone needs to kickstart it! lol
[Reply]
Fishpicker 05:57 PM 06-18-2019
the kicker is that the channels that are demonetized get twice the ads attached. watch a black pigeon video for instance, you'll have to endure the same St Judes hospital ad two times and an additional instance for every time you pause.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:16 PM 06-18-2019
Google should be forced to sell you tube. Facebook forced to sell Instagram. Allowing them to consolidate stifled competition.
[Reply]
JD10367 08:12 PM 06-18-2019
When someone posts a video titled "Why Everyone's Leaving YouTube", and the video is on YouTube...
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:37 PM 06-18-2019
Not a fan of this style of 'argumentation.'

It kind of borrows from the 'Daily Show' paradigm, where you create a tsunami of tiny soundbites that never really culminate in a coherent argument.

It relies on inference and emotion. You get that a diverse and wide-ranging group of people are upset about something, but it's still left to you to figure out exactly what.

One person saying 'this is a bunch of bullshit' isn't very informative. 100 people saying the same isn't much better.
[Reply]
Fish 09:18 PM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
This is a long video, but its a great example of how Google is going to kill itself.
LOL..... No.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:55 PM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Not a fan of this style of 'argumentation.'

It kind of borrows from the 'Daily Show' paradigm, where you create a tsunami of tiny soundbites that never really culminate in a coherent argument.

It relies on inference and emotion. You get that a diverse and wide-ranging group of people are upset about something, but it's still left to you to figure out exactly what.

One person saying 'this is a bunch of bullshit' isn't very informative. 100 people saying the same isn't much better.
Agreed. It was choppy and annoying.

I get that YouTube has their agenda, are cunts about it, and it sucks. Yep. On board. That being said, I’ve been a “keep government the fuck out of business decisions” guy forever so if that’s how they roll, roll away.

And as a guy who’s at the mercy of a bunch of different giant ass companies, asking a giant ass company to “support” you as a little guy just isn’t going to fucking happen. Good fucking luck. In my industry you adapt to the environment not whine about a giant ass company.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 11:09 PM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Agreed. It was choppy and annoying.

I get that YouTube has their agenda, are ****s about it, and it sucks. Yep. On board. That being said, I’ve been a “keep government the **** out of business decisions” guy forever so if that’s how they roll, roll away.

And as a guy who’s at the mercy of a bunch of different giant ass companies, asking a giant ass company to “support” you as a little guy just isn’t going to ****ing happen. Good ****ing luck. In my industry you adapt to the environment not whine about a giant ass company.
I am fine with safe harbor provisions, it is essential for the internet to function but once a site starts actively curating content and banning non-illegal content and creators than that safe harbor provision should be legally shredded for them opening them up for liability for the content posted to their site.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:36 AM 06-19-2019

Pretty well summed up, youtube started as a creator platform and now they are a platform that doesn't care about creators they care about corporations, dude explains it well.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:32 AM 06-19-2019
I'll just put this here:

26 minutes, but as with everything Crowder does, it's very interesting.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:36 AM 06-19-2019
Originally Posted by Lprechaun:
I dont like that a public style website censors its users by agenda.... however, anyone crying about demonetizing comes off as lazy. YouTube is a company, they have a business plan and have the right to run it their way.
I like the SJW fails and all that but cmon, just cry and it will change... .how about take initiative and work together to make your own format
Check out the video from Crowder at about the 3 minute mark. His Lawyer addresses this point.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:39 AM 06-19-2019
YouTube ain't going anywhere.

It is wildly successful as an advertising platform. A code most social media platforms have been trying to Crack for years.

And there will always be users. Plenty of them.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up