ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 31
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Media Center>Chernobyl
Frazod 09:08 PM 05-06-2019
Just finished the first episode; I guess I'll be keeping HBO a bit longer after Game of Thrones ends.

It is fascinating, horrifying and infuriating. And spellbinding.
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 03:57 PM 05-16-2019
I got a creepy nostalgic vibe from watching the past two weeks. Same with watching Stranger Things to some extent. The whole USSR thing both fascinated and terrified me as a 1980's midwestern youth. Watching Chernobyl made me think of this song.

[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:13 AM 05-17-2019
The camera man filming the helicopter crash died from radiation a couple days later
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:16 AM 05-17-2019
also it is likely that radiation killed or stunned the pilots that is why they hit the lines
[Reply]
Fishpicker 08:13 AM 05-17-2019
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
also it is likely that radiation killed or stunned the pilots that is why they hit the lines
i assumed that or they were going through coughing jags

anybody know anything about the Lupine mutants near Chernobyl?
[Reply]
Frazod 08:30 AM 05-17-2019
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
i assumed that or they were going through coughing jags

anybody know anything about the Lupine mutants near Chernobyl?
Shit. You sure those aren't direwolves?
[Reply]
Cheater5 08:43 AM 05-17-2019
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Most of the airdropped stuff actually missed the target and randomly bombarded the surrounding interior structures already weakened by the initial blast and fire. Even after welding plates to the underbelly of the helicopters' cockpits and putting lead wool cushions on the seats, only one of the helicopter pilots survived, and he endured a long series of blood transfusions, bone marrow transplants, and painful treatments.

When they did smother the fire, the trapped heat became a problem along with the potential collapse of the bombarded area into the basement. The idea for the sarcophagus was born from the fear that the whole building would finish collapsing and would send up a big poof of radioactive fallout.

A tunnel was dug to pump stabilizing concrete under the damaged area along with piping for water from the river to remove heat. After killing a whole lot of miners, the tunnel was never finished, and when engineers later looked into completing it they found that it was off target and wasn't actually headed in the right direction anyway.
[Reply]
O.city 02:24 PM 05-20-2019
New episode tonight. Pumped.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:33 PM 05-20-2019
Haven't read the thread and dont wanna cuz possibly spoilers.

This show worth me retaining my HBO sub?
[Reply]
O.city 02:52 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Thru 2 episodes, it's been fucking awesome.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:53 PM 05-20-2019

I mean...the reactor explodes.

What's to spoil? The Titanic will sink every time...

I'll be retaining my subscription to finish it out. I've always been fascinated by the historical event.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:55 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I mean...the reactor explodes.

What's to spoil? The Titanic will sink every time...

I knew i set myself up for that when i wrote it, :-)

Asshole.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 07:21 PM 05-20-2019

so far I'd say its better than Sopranos, Veep, Eastbound and Down, Curb your Enthusiasm, GoT, and Silicon Valley. the first episode was also the scariest debut to any series I've ever seen.
[Reply]
Bump 07:25 PM 05-20-2019
I picked up HBO now for GOT. I'll probably watch this show once I'm done with Barry, in the middle of season 2, it's aiight.
[Reply]
O.city 08:09 PM 05-20-2019
Man the radiation sickness and death is damn depressing
[Reply]
Frazod 08:26 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
so far I'd say its better than Sopranos, Veep, Eastbound and Down, Curb your Enthusiasm, GoT, and Silicon Valley. the first episode was also the scariest debut to any series I've ever seen.
Yeah, it's extraordinarily well done. Not quite BoB level, but in the same zip code.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 31
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up