ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Media Center>Godzilla: King of Monsters
ThaVirus 08:00 PM 07-20-2018
So the next Godzilla movie released a teaser trailer and has a pretty cool viral marketing campaign going on right now.

Visit: www.monarchsciences.com to track Godzilla and see all the Monarch facilities across the globe. Thus far we've got Mothra, Rodan and King Ghidorah confirmed while Zilla's on the move, appearing to be heading to San Diego to drop the trailer at Comic-Con.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:00 PM 05-30-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
I've seen mostly positive too but typically from critics with the same type of movie tastes as me. I'm excited to see the craziness.
Godzilla and King Ghidhora keep the pomp hand strong.

Charles Dance is always badass
[Reply]
KC_Lee 09:46 PM 05-30-2019
Just got home from seeing the flick. A few notes, any potential spoilers will be in tags.

Loved...
The monsters! Godzilla looked great, Gidorah looked great, Rodan & Mothera looked great.
Monster fights were great
The music was perfect, "remixes" of the old Godzilla March from the Toho movies sparked a lot of nostalgia for me
Monster roars were well done, not perfect matches to the old Toho roars but updated, for lack of a better term, for the new movie
Hat tips to the old Toho movies galore, from the Subijin for Mothra, Gidorah's origins, and other throwbacks were mixed in the movie
Getting to see Millie Bobby Brown be someone other than 11 in "Stranger Things" was cool, she did well in her role
Ken Watanabe was excellent in his role as well

Hated...
Dear God someone at WB hire a competent script writer for these movies, the human element of the movie nearly put me to sleep
The plot was lacking and most of the actors were wooden to put if kindly
Forgive me this rant but can we please have a monster fight in daylight without some sort of driving rain storm?!?!?!

As a huge Godzilla fan I give this movie 2 grade;
- Monster Part 8/10, great but not excellent
- Human Part 3/10, awful script, poor acting, and I had zero interest in any of the humans in the film
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:29 PM 05-30-2019
Saw it tonight- so much better than the last one.

Set it up for the next one fighting King Kong.

I have to go with Godzilla on that fight.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 11:15 AM 05-31-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Just got home from seeing the flick. A few notes, any potential spoilers will be in tags.

Loved...
The monsters! Godzilla looked great, Gidorah looked great, Rodan & Mothera looked great.
Monster fights were great
The music was perfect, "remixes" of the old Godzilla March from the Toho movies sparked a lot of nostalgia for me
Monster roars were well done, not perfect matches to the old Toho roars but updated, for lack of a better term, for the new movie
Hat tips to the old Toho movies galore, from the Subijin for Mothra, Gidorah's origins, and other throwbacks were mixed in the movie
Getting to see Millie Bobby Brown be someone other than 11 in "Stranger Things" was cool, she did well in her role
Ken Watanabe was excellent in his role as well

Hated...
Dear God someone at WB hire a competent script writer for these movies, the human element of the movie nearly put me to sleep
The plot was lacking and most of the actors were wooden to put if kindly
Forgive me this rant but can we please have a monster fight in daylight without some sort of driving rain storm?!?!?!

As a huge Godzilla fan I give this movie 2 grade;
- Monster Part 8/10, great but not excellent
- Human Part 3/10, awful script, poor acting, and I had zero interest in any of the humans in the film
As someone who grew up on showa era godzilla flicks, this makes me happy they they got the monsters part better. Pretty cool they did remixes of Akira Ikefube(sp)'s symphony stuff. Cant wait to see this tonight.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 11:55 AM 05-31-2019
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
As someone who grew up on showa era godzilla flicks, this makes me happy they they got the monsters part better. Pretty cool they did remixes of Akira Ikefube(sp)'s symphony stuff. Cant wait to see this tonight.
There are some Hensi Era hat tips as well. Won't give them away here but if you've seen any of the Hensi films you'll catch 'em.

Didn't stay for all the credits so I cannot say if there was an end credit scene but I can tell you is they use the credits, up until the mid-credits, as an epilogue to the movie. Basically newspaper and website headlines showing what happened after the movie. Again don't want to spoil anything but don't just jump up or look at your phone, you'll miss some good stuff.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:46 PM 05-31-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
There are some Hensi Era hat tips as well. Won't give them away here but if you've seen any of the Hensi films you'll catch 'em.

Didn't stay for all the credits so I cannot say if there was an end credit scene but I can tell you is they use the credits, up until the mid-credits, as an epilogue to the movie. Basically newspaper and website headlines showing what happened after the movie. Again don't want to spoil anything but don't just jump up or look at your phone, you'll miss some good stuff.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KC_Lee 06:19 AM 06-01-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Spoiler!
Thanks for the heads up, looks like there is an end credit scene.

I wonder if...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
tk13 02:13 PM 06-01-2019
Given the reviews, I actually thought it was better than what I was expecting. It probably deserves better than 40% on rotten tomatoes.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:35 PM 06-01-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
Given the reviews, I actually thought it was better than what I was expecting. It probably deserves better than 40% on rotten tomatoes.

Spoiler!
%88 audience approval, fuck those pretentious assholes that don't get it.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:45 PM 06-01-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Saw it tonight- so much better than the last one.

Set it up for the next one fighting King Kong.

I have to go with Godzilla on that fight.
I have a feeling that one goes the Batman vs Superman route.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:15 PM 06-01-2019
A couple of thoughts came to mind as regarding future Godzilla movies. I'll put them in spoiler tags as some of these thoughts will give away some plot points.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
CoMoChief 06:52 AM 06-02-2019
movie was ok, about as good as you're going to get w/ this kind of stuff.

acting wasn't great as you'd probably suspect, but people see these movies for the action/destruction....which actually kind of wish there was more of that.

Also wish every fight wasn't in the dark.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:45 AM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Also wish every fight wasn't in the dark.
Better than the battle of winterfell but this is trend. Why? Who decided that when we are watching a movie that we really dont want to see what the artist is showing us. We are happy with seeing 50% of what is on the screen.

Anyone know why?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:53 AM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Better than the battle of winterfell but this is trend. Why? Who decided that when we are watching a movie that we really dont want to see what the artist is showing us. We are happy with seeing 50% of what is on the screen.

Anyone know why?
More cost-effective, I think. The darkness masks CGI deficiencies.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 12:29 PM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
More cost-effective, I think. The darkness masks CGI deficiencies.
True but Kong: Skull Island had some great fights in daylight. It can be done if there's a will to do it.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up