ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 48
< 123 456713 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Episode IX
Hammock Parties 07:39 PM 07-09-2018
Welp, time to start the thread because LANDO IS BACK.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ing-episode-ix

Originally Posted by :
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed the long-gestating rumors that Billy Dee Williams will return to that galaxy far, far away and will reprise his role of Lando Calrissian for next year’s Star Wars: Episode IX!

Williams made his debut as the gambling scoundrel in Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, reprising in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, and in countless other Star Wars shows like Star Wars Rebels and games like Star Wars: Jedi Knight II – Jedi Outcast. He even voiced the character in various Robot Chicken and Family Guy episodes dedicated solely to Star Wars as well as The LEGO Movie. Donald Glover stepped into the role earlier this year to play a younger Lando in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

In Episode IX, Williams joins returning franchise stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, and Adam Driver, plus newcomer (and frequent J.J. Abrams collabroator) Keri Russell.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:55 PM 07-13-2018
No, dipshit, he didn't like it at first and then he changed his mind once he actually saw the film.

Luke isn't done with Star Wars, it's done with HIM, because HE'S DEAD. I'm sure he'll do voice work or something in the future.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:08 PM 07-13-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
No, dipshit, he didn't like it at first and then he changed his mind once he actually saw the film.

Luke isn't done with Star Wars, it's done with HIM, because HE'S DEAD. I'm sure he'll do voice work or something in the future.
He tried to do some PR work after his initial commmets but more recently he pretty much went back to his initial reaction that his character was qay off.. I posted a link in the other thread somewhere. He pretty much lost interest as much as most of the.fan base.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:12 PM 07-13-2018
LOL, Hamill was being a company man with that recanted comment. The PR department probably chewed his ass because of that moment of honest candor.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:18 PM 07-13-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
LOL, Hamill was being a company man with that recanted comment. The PR department probably chewed his ass because of that moment of honest candor.
You can pretty much tell where he stands from this interview.

https://www.google.com/amp/comicbook...arc-was-tough/
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:24 PM 07-13-2018
His interview reminded me of when a reporter ask a QB about a shit play call by a coach after the game and his reponse is " We just run the plays called the best we can."
[Reply]
banecat 01:31 PM 07-13-2018
How many force ghosts are there going to be? How many are there now?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:33 PM 07-13-2018
Originally Posted by banecat:
How many force ghosts are there going to be? How many are there now?
Shouldn't there be a force ghost for every jedi who has died?
[Reply]
banecat 01:38 PM 07-13-2018
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Shouldn't there be a force ghost for every jedi who has died?
Yes, and Mace Windu needs to drop some f bombs when he makes his appearance
[Reply]
bowener 01:51 PM 07-13-2018
My gut tells me Lando is going to show up in this film to die. Everybody but Chewie has died, so why not? Oh, Chewie will also die. And R2/C3PO will finally find their ends in a trash compactor. Just to really yank on those "feels."

And Lando is in this so they retcon some story or mystery about him from which a spinoff film will be made so it can star Donald Glover, which, fuck it, I'm fine with that. We should have had that instead of Solo.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:00 PM 07-13-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Sounds like he hated his character in 8 and they ruined it for him like they did so many fans.
He knows they killed the franchise. Star Wars is just another Transformers now, coasting along on inertia.
[Reply]
sully1983 05:34 PM 07-13-2018
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
He knows they killed the franchise. Star Wars is just another Transformers now, coasting along on inertia.
yep . sad but true .
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 05:38 PM 07-13-2018
Originally Posted by bowener:
My gut tells me Lando is going to show up in this film to die. Everybody but Chewie has died, so why not? Oh, Chewie will also die. And R2/C3PO will finally find their ends in a trash compactor. Just to really yank on those "feels."

And Lando is in this so they retcon some story or mystery about him from which a spinoff film will be made so it can star Donald Glover, which, **** it, I'm fine with that. We should have had that instead of Solo.
They brought Lando back for damage control.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:17 PM 07-13-2018
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
They brought Lando back for damage control.
Unless he's going to travel back in time and shoot Kathleen Kennedy in the face, I really don't think it will accomplish much.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:02 PM 07-13-2018
Mark has shaved.

Sir not-appearing-in-this-film

He's going to show up as The Joker in the next Star Wars movie.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:04 PM 07-13-2018
Originally Posted by listopencil:
He's going to show up as The Joker in the next Star Wars movie.

But he'll be a trans droid that Lando falls in love with and they'll adopt Chewie.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 48
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up