ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 20
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Neil Smith will bang the pre-game drum
siberian khatru 10:23 AM 01-21-2022
**** him and the Broncos he rode out on.

Former #Chiefs Defensive End Neil Smith will serve as the Drum Honoree this week for #Chiefs vs #Bills .

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) January 21, 2022

[Reply]
Lzen 08:19 AM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
Clark Hunt is too presidential to bang a drum in his own stadium? I want Clark to bang that damn thing.
I don't remember which game but I'm pretty sure I saw Clark bang that drum one time.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:54 AM 01-22-2022
Yeah I don’t care that Neill bangs the drum, Patrick and the boys likely don’t care either, it won’t affect their play on Sunday as some of them likely don’t even know who Neill Smith is. We recently posted a list of top Chiefs never to win a Super Bowl, I can think of multiple names on there that would hype the crowd up more because in the end, that’s what that drum represents, getting the fans pumped and loud. Priest and Dante were a great tandem against Pittsburgh, so I wonder who is the other player to bang the drum in the second half.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:56 AM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Yeah I don’t care that Neill bangs the drum, Patrick and the boys likely don’t care either, it won’t affect their play on Sunday as some of them likely don’t even know who Neill Smith is. We recently posted a list of top Chiefs never to win a Super Bowl, I can think of multiple names on there that would hype the crowd up more because in the end, that’s what that drum represents, getting the fans pumped and loud. Priest and Dante were a great tandem against Pittsburgh, so I wonder who is the other player to bang the drum in the second half.
Probably Albert "I always wanted too be a Raider" Lewis.
[Reply]
neech 09:03 AM 01-22-2022
I don't get butt hurt if a Chiefs player goes to another team, have you ever gone on to another job yourself?

Now quit whining and act like a man.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:04 AM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I don't remember which game but I'm pretty sure I saw Clark bang that drum one time.
Didn't he do it the first year we hosted the AFC Championship against the Patriots? Pretty sure he did. Or it was the AFC Championship the year we won it all. One of those two.
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:23 AM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by neech:
I don't get butt hurt if a Chiefs player goes to another team, have you ever gone on to another job yourself?

If I went to another job with my sole purpose being to screw over my previous employer and sabotage their success, I doubt if they'd invite me back to the company picnic.

And if you think playing for the Denver Broncos is Okey Dokey, you don't get it.

If football is just "an entertainment exhibition" then fine. If that's the case, then none of this matters. It's all bullshit.

I like to think it's more than that. It may not be. It may be the WWF. We've debated that for a long time on the CP.

I'd prefer to give the ceremonial honor to somebody who didn't come back into my house and rub my nose in my team's defeat. But that's just me.

I don't see the Donks welcoming back Eddie Kennison anytime soon...
[Reply]
You See Us 12:11 PM 01-22-2022
Yeah, unfortunately I’m old enough to remember smith coming back to arrowhead and mocking the fans and the chop after a donk sack.
Fc that guy, Chiefs could find someone better.
[Reply]
Pablo 12:13 PM 01-22-2022
Bronco Neil shouldn't be allowed within 10 miles of Arrowhead under normal circumstances.

I can't get behind this at all.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 12:18 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
If I went to another job with my sole purpose being to screw over my previous employer and sabotage their success, I doubt if they'd invite me back to the company picnic.

And if you think playing for the Denver Broncos is Okey Dokey, you don't get it.

If football is just "an entertainment exhibition" then fine. If that's the case, then none of this matters. It's all bullshit.

I like to think it's more than that. It may not be. It may be the WWF. We've debated that for a long time on the CP.

I'd prefer to give the ceremonial honor to somebody who didn't come back into my house and rub my nose in my team's defeat. But that's just me.

Neil didn’t screw over KC or sabotage their success.

Marty had that covered from A-Z.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:40 PM 01-22-2022
Chiefs didnt want Neil Smith. Marty and Carl said get the fuck out. And people act like Smith just said fuck it I'm going to Denver.
[Reply]
Kman34 01:00 PM 01-22-2022
Would it be ok if Rich Gannon or Jamal Charles banged the drum?? Didn't Tony G bang it a while back?? Don't matter to me but Neil stopped being a Chief to me when he went to Denver..
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:04 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by neech:

I don't care about that.

But Smith has always been an asshole. All of the Chiefs players used to frequent the bar I tended at in the mid-90's. I interacted with all of them frequently. Smith was always a dick.

He stays here and trades on his has-been status because if he lived anywhere else, nobody would give a shit.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:05 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Chiefs didnt want Neil Smith. Marty and Carl said get the **** out. And people act like Smith just said **** it I'm going to Denver.
No, Smith hated Marty. I can tell you that without a doubt.
[Reply]
neech 01:09 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by gblowfish:

Nothing personnel just business. It's a business decision to me who am I to say where someone can go work or not is my thinking.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:16 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Fraz, you got an alibi for that date?
Who, me?
[Reply]
Page 15 of 20
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Up