« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett
Hammock Parties 10:26 AM 11-12-2021
Yeah, it gets it's own thread. Blow me.

[Reply]
keg in kc 11:37 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by :
the
It's not a dumb aspect. It's a core tenet of the Death Watch.

I get that it makes more sense to the to the hard core fans who,'ve watched everything from clone wars to rebels, but it completely makes sense in the mythos the show itself has shown. Their mythology sssys if they don't follow their creed that Mandalore falls and the people are split apart. That happened, recently, so of course there's a sect that wants to honor the old ways, take Mandalore back, and bring the Mandalorian people home from exile. And of course they're going to be in conflict with Bo Katan, who forsook the old Creed and lost Mandalore. She's directly responsible for everything wrong with their world. A cautionary tale as the Armorer said.

Not stupid at all. Also not simple.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:39 PM 01-28-2022
I think you're taking this waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:53 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yeah, I know. It's still stupid. I was hoping he'd come to his senses a bit when we met Bo Katan.

Can't take your helmet off in front of a non-verbal baby? How is that the way?

Love the show. But even the best shows have dumb aspects.
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
It's not a dumb aspect. It's a core tenet of the Death Watch.

I get that it makes more sense to the to the hard core fans who,'ve watched everything from clone wars to rebels, but it completely makes sense in the mythos the show itself has shown. Their mythology sssys if they don't follow their creed that Mandalore falls and the people are split apart. That happened, recently, so of course there's a sect that wants to honor the old ways, take Mandalore back, and bring the Mandalorian people home from exile. And of course they're going to be in conflict with Bo Katan, who forsook the old Creed and lost Mandalore. She's directly responsible for everything wrong with their world. A cautionary tale as the Armorer said.

Not stupid at all. Also not simple.
I think even if you back it up beyond that there is a whole human history full of examples of warrior cultures exercising discipline for the sake of discipline.

Much like Samauri and Shaolin monk cultures, virtually everything they do is meant to cultivate discipline.

That’s the way I view the helmet thing.

View the whole Bo Katan proceedings through the context of the warrior culture lens and it isn’t a stretch for me at all.
[Reply]
Graystoke 01:54 PM 01-28-2022
Best episode yet.
But, I found it silly that there is 3 Mandalorian's left in the universe and they kick out Din Djarin because he took off his helmet-because of the way and all. You would think when the your population is down to 3 Mandalores you might want to compromise and maybe unite and get a plan to get your numbers up.
Din is the rightful wielder of the legendary Darksaber, and therefore the heir to the throne of Mandalore.

The Mandalorian is so much better the Boba Fett
[Reply]
Fish 02:05 PM 01-28-2022
Yeah, our order has been decimated. There's only 3 of us left. We have to rebuild.

But first I'ma kick your ass and take that fancy sword. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 02:09 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
Yeah, our order has been decimated. There's only 3 of us left. We have to rebuild.

But first I'ma kick your ass and take that fancy sword. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Frazod 02:39 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Best episode yet.
But, I found it silly that there is 3 Mandalorian's left in the universe and they kick out Din Djarin because he took off his helmet-because of the way and all. You would think when the your population is down to 3 Mandalores you might want to compromise and maybe unite and get a plan to get your numbers up.
Din is the rightful wielder of the legendary Darksaber, and therefore the heir to the throne of Mandalore.

The Mandalorian is so much better the Boba Fett
I did like the way that he burned the shit out of his own leg with it, even after he'd had it in his possession for a while and had plenty of time to play around with it. Think about how dangerous it would be to effectively utilize a weapon like that in a fight.

I assume "Not Killing Yourself With Your Own Lightsaber" is Jedi 101. :-)
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:29 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I think you're taking this waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.
fait enough.
There isn't much that I'm more into than Star wars...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:12 PM 01-28-2022
Holy fuck. Wizard indeed.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:46 AM 01-29-2022
Interesting theory going around. While he didn't physically appear the episode was still about Boba Fett. So, while I did catch the mythosaur reference the Armorer made, but I didn't quite connect all the dots. In part because the tv in my room in rehab isn't great, so I couldn't see the mythosaur skull in her cabinet. But the theory is that the episode wasn't a setup for Din becoming the Mandalore. It's actually leading towards Boba Fett fulfilling the legend the Armorer spoke of, and he is the prophesied mythosaur that will rise up and unite the Mandalorian people. And Maybe that's the story that will unfold across Mandalorian, BoBF and Bo Katan's show.

Also more evidence during the episode that the Armorer is Rook Kast, once a member of Maul's Shadow Collective.

Could be a lot more going on than it appears...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:28 PM 01-29-2022
absolutely beautiful homage

the CGI in this scene was absolutely perfect

The Beggar's Canyon: From The Phantom Menace (1999) to #TheBookOfBobaFett (2022) pic.twitter.com/Iatb5A0A4o

— The Spaceshipper �� (@TheSpaceshipper) January 29, 2022

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:53 AM 01-31-2022
It's actually leading towards Boba Fett fulfilling the legend the Armorer spoke of, and he is the prophesied mythosaur that will rise up and unite the Mandalorian people.

Could be a lot more going on than it appears...

That's going to be difficult considering Boba aligned with the Empire and doesn't consider himself Mandolorian.

Boba doesn't want the Dark Saber unless Dinn gives it to him as a gift.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:55 AM 01-31-2022
Boba, in the episode he reclaimed his armor, used his chain codeas justification, saying that it was given to his father as a foundling and passed down to him. Which is saying that it was his by Mandalorian Creed. Which is literally saying he's a Mandalorian to Din Djarin, , no matter what else he says to Bo Katan or anyone else

And my thought is that Grogu ends up with the darksaber, no one ever takes Mandalore back, and Boba Fett brings the Mandalorian people to Tatooine and unites them or forms an alliance with the Tuskans

Yeah, a little too Dune. But that's just exercising my imagination. Who knows...
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:13 PM 01-31-2022
Boba, in the episode he reclaimed his armor, used his chain codeas justification, saying that it was given to his father as a foundling and passed down to him. Which is saying that it was his by Mandalorian Creed. Which is literally saying he's a Mandalorian to Din Djarin, , no matter what else he says to Bo Katan or anyone else

And my thought is that Grogu ends up with the darksaber, no one ever takes Mandalore back, and Boba Fett brings the Mandalorian people to Tatooine and unites them or forms an alliance with the Tuskans

Yeah, a little too Dune. But that's just exercising my imagination. Who knows...

It's a plot hole considering The Mandalorian monologue he does things for himself but the others won't follow him because of the Empire affiliation.

If there's one it's Grogu in the distant future, which I called when the Dark Saber appeared in this continuity, and if it's this Era's continuity it'll be Wren
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:53 PM 01-31-2022

[Reply]
Page 12 of 24
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up