ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The NFL is becoming a bit of a joke....
petegz28 09:45 PM 09-25-2022
All this technology to collect stats, provide a great at-home experience, even tell you what the percentage of a catch was, etc., and we still can't get a face mask that everyone watching the game can see?

I am just going to that because it contrasts with a team that is 4th and 15 getting a the ball handed to them with a 1st down because someone said something? And they weren't even arguing. It isn't like Jones went face mask to face mask. But it is like Mahomes had his face mask yanked and the 100 Refs watching the game couldn't see that?

Or the DPI on Kelce in the end zone? Defender all up in him and not even close to turning his head?

Now take this back to 2 years ago when Tom Brady proceeded to chase one of our players across the field, get in his face and yell at him and our player gets the penalty? In the same game we get called for DPI when Brady threw a ball 10 rows into the stands?

Now, I am not saying this happens to just the Chiefs. We have seen this kind of crap happen all over. I could understand the Jones call better if he was getting into Ryan's face or bumping him, etc. These are professional athletes and grown men playing a violent game and you literally handed a team that should have lost, a second chance because of words being exchanged in a very non-confrontational manner?

Makes the game hard to watch when that kind of shit happens. And it seems to always be that the Refs are oblivious to calls everyone else can see yet can make calls everyone else says "what are you calling?"

/rant off
[Reply]
TEX 05:04 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Was that the same game Chris Jones got flagged for illegal contact when he almost touched Tom Brady?
No. That occured in the 2018 AFCCG
[Reply]
crispystl 05:33 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Was that the same game Chris Jones got flagged for illegal contact when he almost touched Tom Brady?

No that was the AFC championship game. They got plenty of calls in that one too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 05:33 AM 09-26-2022
Bad calls were not the reason the Colts won.

That was a very bad Chiefs team we saw yesterday. And the coordinators need to own it.

Spags cant adapt. He sucks at game planning and adjusting.

EB must believe his press. He is not a great coordinator and wont ever be a HC. Time to find a way for him to move out of the way while we still have a great QB.

We saw a great special teams unit. Too bad they were the other team.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 06:02 AM 09-26-2022
Wasn't something like 90% of the money on the Chiefs. No way Vegas was going to lose that.
[Reply]
kcclone 06:07 AM 09-26-2022
We started peeing down our leg at the 13:30 mark in the first quarter when Skyy gave the Colts the ball on the 1.

And it pretty much contributed throughout the entire game.

On a bright note, there was a Frank Clark sighting yesterday!!!
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:30 AM 09-26-2022
**** this shit. Brady can run down the filed and berate the refs and his opponent starting and entre fight but gets no flag. Last year he literally said **** you to the opposing coach and got no flag. Jones says maybe an F bomb and gets a flag that led directly to us losing. Not the only reason obviously but that was a critical time to get off the field and they would definitely had punted. As shitty as we were on offense that flag lost the game and it's bullshit. These are grown men not little kids. They cuss at each other and so what? They get paid to be tough assholes.
[Reply]
farmerchief 06:45 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Bad calls were not the reason the Colts won.

That was a very bad Chiefs team we saw yesterday. And the coordinators need to own it.

Spags cant adapt. He sucks at game planning and adjusting.

EB must believe his press. He is not a great coordinator and wont ever be a HC. Time to find a way for him to move out of the way while we still have a great QB.

We saw a great special teams unit. Too bad they were the other team.
Yep, Im more upset with the coaching staff, than the refs!. Our game planning was terrible for this one. Maybe we had "too" much time off, after the Thursday night game?
The play calling in the red zone has not gotten any better since years past, it seems. I see other teams getting the ball inside the 5 yd line and they power the ball into the endzone, where we have to rely on Andys genious to scheme our way into the end zone. We seem to have the horses up front, why cant we get running plays where we can bust into the end zone when we are a yard or two away? We cant change the players at this stage, so it has to be coaching up the line to execute better or just call better plays overall. Gets very frustrating to watch our inadequacy in short yardage situations.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:49 AM 09-26-2022
Chris jones should know better. And we lost the game for plenty of reasons outside of him and part of me is glad because we need to learn from our problems instead of squeaking by on them. But this is a moronic rule. Refs should not introduce this much subjectivity into a game let alone give game changing max penalties for something that is 100% discretionary. You can give rules about what specifically constitutes holding. There is no rule about what turns smack talk that happens every single snap into a punishable penalty.
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:07 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
OP is a whole bitch
Say another word about Pete and I'll be driving to KC to put out your fire!
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:13 AM 09-26-2022
Look, if you don't think the league is heavily influenced by outside factors, especially since they legally got in bed with the gambling industry, you're an incredibly naive person. I literally heard the VP of BetMGM on the radio Sunday morning saying there was more money on KC than any other game this week. As the money flowed in, the line barely moved and he openly says they were rooting for KC to lose. Lo and behold, Chris Jones ends the game and they decide to call a ridiculous taunting penalty that changes the entire outcome of the game. Cameras never show him say or do anything, and even if he did, who goddamn cares? You don't make that call unless you are openly trying to influence the game, plain and simple. Don't get me wrong, the Chiefs played like garbage on offense and special teams and didn't deserve to win, but the D played their asses off and that was a bullshit way to end it.

Second most money was on Buffalo, once again the line barely moves all week, so the money keeps pouring in on them. Tua clearly gets his brain scrambled but they let him come back anyway. Probably didn't want to let Miami lose any momentum? Interesting move, more strange coincidence I guess. I'm sure if that was Mahomes he would have been allowed back in the game. :-) Again, it's so obvious there's no point in really discussing it if you don't already get it. So we'll move on to the more important aspect.

Besides the fact that the league has become obviously corrupted, the games have become barely watchable early in the year due to weak training camps and no preseason. It's been pretty much garbage football across the board. I mean that game last night was laughable. It's really a shame what the NFL has come to. Most mindless fans shoving their face with wings and drinking Coors Light and checking their fantasy team won't give two shits, but when you've watched as long and passionately as a lot of us have, it just makes you sick to your stomach.

The good news is, as shitty as the Chiefs have played, so has basically everyone else. You have to hope Reid is going to figure something out, and I believe he will. The defense is way ahead of schedule and that is a very promising scenario.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:15 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Pete complaining about officiating? Who woulda thunk it?
I knew what the thread was about before I even opened it.
[Reply]
Fish 07:21 AM 09-26-2022
The "Rigged" morons are just the worst. Every single loss, they crawl out and post the same dumb shit.

If we'd have somehow pulled off that game in amazing Mahomes fashion, this thread wouldn't exist.
[Reply]
The Refs 07:26 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by The Refs:
This sounds like you guys during every Chiefs game.

Here we go again. Blame the refs, blame the refs. Maybe instead of pointing fingers maybe you should try some critical thinking. There's many reasons the Chiefs lost this game today.
[Reply]
scho63 07:44 AM 09-26-2022
When being "woke" by not offending someone with trash talk overtakes offensive holding calls and other penalties, you know it's gone from NFL to AWFUL.
[Reply]
penguinz 07:51 AM 09-26-2022
Only beta cucks blame officiating.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up