ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 38
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Things I think it's time for:
Chris Meck 04:15 PM 09-25-2022
1. You can't trot Ammendola out again. You just can't. It'd be mutiny. I don't care what you do, you have to cut him and sign someone else. I'd go for two every time and have Reid kick off before I did that again.

2. Justin Watson needs way more snaps. Yes, he could've caught that one ball today, but he's big, he's fast, hes a physical match-up problem, and he usually catches the ball. He was inches away from another big TD today. Play him.

3. It's time to get Pacheco more touches. The midget squad isn't getting it done. It's not all their fault, but at least Pacheco is big and strong enough to maybe break some tackles.

4. It's time to bench Wylie. Wanegho can't be worse, and might have upside. Just do it, for accountability's sake if nothing else.

5. I think it's time to force feed more snaps to Moore. I don't want him returning punts anymore. Put Hardman there, you know what Hardman is, and he's not a route running WR. At least he might break a PR.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:37 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Toub needs to go after this year. I don't give a shit anymore. I'm tired of him wasting roster spots on his guys instead of putting together a STs group with guys who can play actual positions.
I’m beyond annoyed with his ass, but I’m also not going to get my hopes up.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:38 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
JFC dude maybe give Skyy more than 3 games into his rookie season before saying shit like this?

I can see Overreaction Planet is in full effect today. I'm just going to stay away this week.
Had he played well for 3 games would you be as reserved as you're suggesting?

If you were unconvinced about the pick when it was made, what have you seen thus far to suggest otherwise? And were the shoe on the other foot, would you be so eager to tell those who liked the Moore pick to wait and see?

I suspect not...
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:38 AM 09-26-2022
Dude....this is a reeruned take.
You don’t find it concerning that year after year when the NFL top 100 players is released the Chiefs players on the list are all holdovers from John Dorsey? Brett Veach has been lauded for his 2021 draft, but beyond that he’s largely done a shit job in the draft. KC is on a downward trend because he’s not drafting well overall, and when he does draft we’ll it’s at non-premium positions. He compounds the problem with multiple trades involving several high draft picks for expensive veterans who don’t live up to their status, leading to further draft resources needing to be invested at the same position. This roster is constantly behind the 8 ball because Brett Veach is having to continually make up for his failures in the draft.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:38 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’m beyond annoyed with his ass, but I’m also not going to get my hopes up.
This coaching staff needs to be reworked. EB should be gone. Toub can get the fuck out. Spags deserves to stay because that defense is looking better than I thought it would this early.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:39 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
You don’t find it concerning that year after year when the NFL top 100 players is released the Chiefs players on the list are all holdovers from John Dorsey? Brett Veach has been lauded for his 2021 draft, but beyond that he’s largely done a shit job in the draft. KC is on a downward trend because he’s not drafting well overall, and when he does draft we’ll it’s at non-premium positions. He compounds the problem with multiple trades involving several high draft picks for expensive veterans who don’t live up to their status, leading to further draft resources needing to be invested at the same position. This roster is constantly behind the 8 ball because Brett Veach is having to continually make up for his failures in the draft.
:-)

Using the NFL Top 100 players list to backup your take is not what you think it is.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:42 AM 09-26-2022
But hey, at least he can find a center and guard, two of the least impactful positions on a roster.
You bitched and bitched and bitched for years about corner being a big problem. They’ve got a 7th rd rookie out there playing damn good football.

They have done a damn good job drafting defense and OL.

Gay
Sneed
Bolton
Thornhill
Watson
Karlaftis

Every team struggles to draft somewhere. Shockingly ours has been on offense with Andy Reid as our coach.

Sometimes you gotta spend to fix it. I bet we will next Spring
[Reply]
staylor26 09:44 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Had he played well for 3 games would you be as reserved as you're suggesting?

If you were unconvinced about the pick when it was made, what have you seen thus far to suggest otherwise? And were the shoe on the other foot, would you be so eager to tell those who liked the Moore pick to wait and see?

I suspect not...
I always preach patience with draft picks, even those that I'm not a huge fan of.

The fact that anybody has to do that 3 weeks into a rookie season is pretty absurd.

But you and Detoxing are free to do your "they didn't take the guy I wanted, so I'm going to be particularly hard on the guy they did take" routine.

Still zero doubt that you will be eating crow at some point.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 09:45 AM 09-26-2022
But hey, at least he can find a center and guard, two of the least impactful positions on a roster.
Protecting the greatest QB in the league at the moment is never a bad thing.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:45 AM 09-26-2022
:-)

Using the NFL Top 100 players list to backup your take is not what you think it is.
I realize it’s not a perfect indicator but it can still be useful to see who the young talent is on a team that the NFL respects as top players. If you could cast a vote, who would you include. My money would definitely be on Humphrey. Smith, Bolton, and maybe Thornhill could earn consideration with strong finishes to the season. I think that’s about it for Veach draft picks. The problem is center, guard, and off ball linebacker are all pretty low on the totem pole of impactful positions. It’s still too early to make a judgment call on Moore and Karlaftis, but overall Veach has whiffed at WR, DE, and OT which happen to be three of the most important positions after QB.
[Reply]
O.city 09:47 AM 09-26-2022
If Mahomes needs all the weapons and the OL and the defense.....well, maybe he doesn't need half a billion dollar contract?
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:47 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Protecting the greatest QB in the league at the moment is never a bad thing.
OT is infinitely more important at protecting the QB and Veach has failed at finding competent OTs.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:47 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Ask Aaron Rodger how many SB's that strategy helped him win.

It's fucking dumb. What's insane to me is that when we signed Watkins the whole damn fan base was on board with the concept that you load your franchise QB with premium skill position talent and we DON'T do what GB and NE does. Even fucking Veach was on record saying that.

...and here we are. Convincing yourselves that it's a solid strategy....crazy, man.
We signed Watkins when we had absolutely no clue what we had in Mahomes as he had started one meaningless week 17 game in his career. So I don't think you accurately recall that moment through your post-Colts hangover.

We also learned that year that no matter how good Mahomes is, if we can't play defense, we lose.

Then we reformed the defense. And we had Hill and Kelce as dominant forces.

We eventually traded Hill and we've been dealing with his replacements for 3 games. And you've already determined that the team has been chronically underinvesting in WRs for years.

If you want to show me that you were complaining about this same thing last year, then I'll acknowledge you. But otherwise it just boils down to your complaining about the Hill trade.

Amazing.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:49 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
You bitched and bitched and bitched for years about corner being a big problem. They’ve got a 7th rd rookie out there playing damn good football.

They have done a damn good job drafting defense and OL.

Gay
Sneed
Bolton
Thornhill
Watson
Karlaftis

Every team struggles to draft somewhere. Shockingly ours has been on offense with Andy Reid as our coach.

Sometimes you gotta spend to fix it. I bet we will next Spring
I bitched for years and they finally traded up in the first for a cornerback. Yes, the 7th rounder also looks to be a brilliant pick.

If they’ve done so well at drafting OL where are the tackles?
[Reply]
Mecca 09:49 AM 09-26-2022
Alright, here's kinda where the issue lies..the Chiefs drafting ability isn't bad, they've pulled numerous starters out of lower rounds etc etc.

The problem is some of the investment can lead to issues. The best linemen on the team are a LG and C, zero issue with a 2nd round center, Thuney makes a lot of money for a guard but eh, it's offset by the Trey Smith find. The issue lies in that in a pass heavy scheme your OT's are extremely important and we have a LT that can't handle speed rushers and a RT that is basically best suited as your 6th lineman.

The Chiefs are trying to rebuild and win at the same time, whiffing on CEH and Hardman is what is really killing them right now. Odd to say this but since Veach took over they've done most things well other than find playmakers..
[Reply]
Mecca 09:51 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
If Mahomes needs all the weapons and the OL and the defense.....well, maybe he doesn't need half a billion dollar contract?
He has an OL that isn't great at pass blocking, a shitty run game and Travis Kelce. With a defense that is probably 10-15...

That's a recipe for your HOF QB to lose in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 38
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up