ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 38
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Things I think it's time for:
Chris Meck 04:15 PM 09-25-2022
1. You can't trot Ammendola out again. You just can't. It'd be mutiny. I don't care what you do, you have to cut him and sign someone else. I'd go for two every time and have Reid kick off before I did that again.

2. Justin Watson needs way more snaps. Yes, he could've caught that one ball today, but he's big, he's fast, hes a physical match-up problem, and he usually catches the ball. He was inches away from another big TD today. Play him.

3. It's time to get Pacheco more touches. The midget squad isn't getting it done. It's not all their fault, but at least Pacheco is big and strong enough to maybe break some tackles.

4. It's time to bench Wylie. Wanegho can't be worse, and might have upside. Just do it, for accountability's sake if nothing else.

5. I think it's time to force feed more snaps to Moore. I don't want him returning punts anymore. Put Hardman there, you know what Hardman is, and he's not a route running WR. At least he might break a PR.
[Reply]
O.city 09:52 AM 09-26-2022
Well, if you want a legit playmaker at WR that doesn't need other guys around him to help....probably gonna have to trade up in the first for that. Jamar Chase isn't usually available at 30.

Or don't trade the one you had and pay him what it takes.

Me on the other hand thinks maybe we don't throw the baby out with the bathwater and see what happens as we go here.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:53 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Well, if you want a legit playmaker at WR that doesn't need other guys around him to help....probably gonna have to trade up in the first for that. Jamar Chase isn't usually available at 30.

Or don't trade the one you had and pay him what it takes.

Me on the other hand thinks maybe we don't throw the baby out with the bathwater and see what happens as we go here.
The problem is more that they didn't plan to not have Tyreek, Hardman is just a gadget guy.
[Reply]
TEX 09:54 AM 09-26-2022
If Mahomes needs all the weapons and the OL and the defense.....well, maybe he doesn't need half a billion dollar contract?
:-)

And so it begins...
[Reply]
RunKC 09:54 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Alright, here's kinda where the issue lies..the Chiefs drafting ability isn't bad, they've pulled numerous starters out of lower rounds etc etc.

The problem is some of the investment can lead to issues. The best linemen on the team are a LG and C, zero issue with a 2nd round center, Thuney makes a lot of money for a guard but eh, it's offset by the Trey Smith find. The issue lies in that in a pass heavy scheme your OT's are extremely important and we have a LT that can't handle speed rushers and a RT that is basically best suited as your 6th lineman.

The Chiefs are trying to rebuild and win at the same time, whiffing on CEH and Hardman is what is really killing them right now. Odd to say this but since Veach took over they've done most things well other than find playmakers..
Pretty much. If Clyde and Hardman were even decent players then we aren’t having this conversation.

Those 2 misses hurt us badly
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:55 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He has an OL that isn't great at pass blocking, a shitty run game and Travis Kelce. With a defense that is probably 10-15...

That's a recipe for your HOF QB to lose in the playoffs.
Yeah, there's a real island of misfit toys vibe with some of our roster construction.

A physical WR as your #1 guy with a QB who just doesn't need (or really want) that kind of player. An OL built around interior run blocking and a running game that seems committed to OZ looks (w/ RBs who aren't physically equipped for the job).

A really expensive G while cutting corners at WR.

The one area I'd say is complementary is a strong interior pass rush w/ relatively low-cost CBs. That's a nice mesh. But the rest of it seems like a series of mis-matched parts and we see it on days where things just aren't clicking.
[Reply]
O.city 09:55 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
:-)

And so it begins...
Well, yeah.

I'm so tired of the whole "we're putting to much on him to win". Yeah, he's making what he's making in a salary capped league. He's being paid like a force multiplier so he's gonna have to be that.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:56 AM 09-26-2022
Missing on a 1st round RB is the one that hurts most, that's supposed to be the easiest position to find and you just completely shit in your pants.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:56 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Pretty much. If Clyde and Hardman were even decent players then we aren’t having this conversation.

Those 2 misses hurt us badly
Then they just need to accept that Hardman is a sunk cost and get him the fuck off the field when it comes to the offense. Watson needs more snaps. And yes I realize that they aren't the same type of player.
[Reply]
O.city 09:56 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, there's a real island of misfit toys vibe with some of our roster construction.

A physical WR as your #1 guy with a QB who just doesn't need (or really want) that kind of player. An OL built around interior run blocking and a running game that seems committed to OZ looks (w/ RBs who aren't physically equipped for the job).

The one area I'd say is complementary is a strong interior pass rush w/ relatively low-cost CBs. That's a nice mesh. But the rest of it seems like a series of mis-matched parts and we see it on days where things just aren't clicking.
Their #1 WR is the all pro tight end who dropped the game ender in the end zone yesterday.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:57 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

They're trying so hard to continue to win that they signed JSS and MVS because that was what was available they could afford, fit didn't matter.
[Reply]
O.city 09:59 AM 09-26-2022
Is the Hardman hate from yesterday? He had 1 target.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:00 AM 09-26-2022
Is the Hardman hate from yesterday? He had 1 target.
He's been here 4 years...he's still nothing more than a gadget player, 2nd round picks are supposed to be quality starters.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:01 AM 09-26-2022
If he develops as hoped, what’s the ceiling for Skyy Moore? Is he a #1 type receiver talent? If not KC is in a real conundrum, because they need to go out and draft a left tackle and a #1 WR. And considering Reid won’t play a draft pick much you’re likely drafting that receiver with 2024 in mind. Not sure the 2023 receiver group will be any better than this year unless Sky Moore is able to hit the ground running and becomes a go to target for Mahomes.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:04 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
No he didn't. And he's not exactly this crazy shifty game breaker either. And yeah, he has looked hesitant this entire time fielding kicks. You can tell he's not a natural at it.

And all it took was one **** up for him to go completely shell shocked on the next attempt.
You can put this on Reid IMO. They wanted to keep Buechele so we wasted a roster spot keeping 3 QB's when we could have maybe a better returner back there.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:05 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
If he develops as hoped, what’s the ceiling for Skyy Moore? Is he a #1 type receiver talent? If not KC is in a real conundrum, because they need to go out and draft a left tackle and a #1 WR. And considering Reid won’t play a draft pick much you’re likely drafting that receiver with 2024 in mind. Not sure the 2023 receiver group will be any better than this year unless Sky Moore is able to hit the ground running and becomes a go to target for Mahomes.
Probably a good slot/return man...
[Reply]
Page 10 of 38
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up