ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 43
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Obligatory we have to get CEH off the field thread**
RunKC 02:30 PM 08-20-2022
I’ve seen enough. Dude is as meh as it gets. Pacheco needs to take his spot yesterday. Dude has bad vision and he’s slow.

I hope we scout the cuts list to find another RB to add to the group so we can cut him. Seriously the only reason this guy is still on the roster is because he was a first rd pick.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:45 PM 08-20-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Different teams prioritize different things.

I keep using this as an example but last preseason our DL looked stout and unstoppable and then by week 2 against the Ravens we were the laughingstock of the league.

Really don't think it's worth reading too much into anything we're seeing right now given how vanilla the schemes are and without knowing what we're really trying to emphasize and test out.

The connection between Mahomes and the receivers is about 10,000 times as important to the success of the season than how effective Clyde is. That's just the reality. So be content that our passing game at least looks exactly like how we would've wanted to script it.
Trust me. I am good with our passig game after 3 possessions in the pre-season. But with this O-line and only 5 runs today, (4 last week?) I would have expected at least one run to break for more than a few yards. Panicing? No. But still I would have expected a bit more than what we got today on those 5 carries.
[Reply]
srvy 09:10 PM 08-20-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Why any RB's are supposed to run up the middle just amazes me. Get them pitch outs to the perimeter so they have a chance to make a cut.
Its been tried with CEH he still gets run down.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:22 PM 08-20-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
McKinnon RB1, Burton on short yardage plays and mixing in Pacheco as well should be the RB rotation.
Burton has looked like a stud.

Our running plays have consisted of running it straight up the middle. :-)
[Reply]
FAX 09:28 PM 08-20-2022
This is the team that had Priest Holmes and Jamaal Charles. Heck, we had more success with Damien Williams than this lot.

In order to destroy our tradition of great RBs, one can only assume that Veach is now fixated on dinky dudes with poor eyesight.

Maybe #1 will pick up the slack. He seems to care about positive yards.

FAX THE FORLORN
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:38 PM 08-20-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Just let McKinnon start. He's clearly the most talented. CEH is bad, and I still don't get the hype over Pacheco.
Gotta keep his touches low or he won't be available in the Playoffs.
[Reply]
-King- 09:57 PM 08-20-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:
Thread is obligatory for those that do not know shit about NFL football.

There’s a new cba that limits contact practices and NFL teams try not to get players injured in preseason.

NFL teams are not trying to run the ball in a preseason game.

Those plays were not designed to exploit a defenses tendencies and they were not designed to block all defenders.
So you think all other RBs in the league averaged 2 yards a carry?
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:58 PM 08-20-2022
Pacheco looks great in the screen game. Looks like another weapon.
[Reply]
-King- 10:10 PM 08-20-2022
Originally Posted by Kman34:
I guess I missed the plays where the line made a hole to run though in the middle of the line.
I think the problems are more run blocking timing (which takes the longest time to come around in the preseason and the first few games of the season), than who's running into a pile of men at the line of scrimmage..
CEH definitely missed some holes today

[Reply]
Halfcan 10:13 PM 08-20-2022
^ Should have been at least a 4-6 yard carry- maybe more if he could ever break a tackle.

Running CEH is just a wasted down at this point. Weakest link on the offense.
[Reply]
ljmhawk 10:20 PM 08-20-2022
is he legally blind? because on a lot of replays from previous seasons there will be a hole 2 yards to his left or right and instead of hitting that hole he will just run into a pile of 320lb lineman. he has no vision at all
[Reply]
threebag 10:24 PM 08-20-2022
Running Scared
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:24 PM 08-20-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
CEH definitely missed some holes today

This wasn’t a blocking issue. It takes a few games to get blocking schemes in place.

Same BS we have all seen since he’s been here. Instead of taking the wide open hole to his right, he runs into a pile of bodies.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:26 PM 08-20-2022
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
is he legally blind? because on a lot of replays from previous seasons there will be a hole 2 yards to his left or right and instead of hitting that hole he will just run into a pile of 320lb lineman. he has no vision at all
:-)

His stutter-step, slow grind, running just has zero burst. Maybe he knows he does not have the speed to break it outside?

We know back like JC, LJ or Hunt would have without hesitation.
[Reply]
threebag 10:31 PM 08-20-2022
He’s recovering from his gallbladder surgery still? :-)
[Reply]
kcpasco 01:00 AM 08-21-2022
He’s a bust RB. Move on from his slow ass. This is still a Super Bowl team.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 43
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up