Media Center>House of the Dragon
Hammock Parties 01:11 PM 07-20-2022
OH YEAH!

All the dragons roar as one.
The #HOTD trailer has arrived. pic.twitter.com/ug7ESvpg8U

— House of the Dragon (@HouseofDragon) July 20, 2022

[Reply]
Bowser 08:51 AM 08-24-2022
Esme Bianco. Welp, never fight with the urge for an unexpected fap in the morning.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:35 PM 08-24-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The problem with the entire idea, at least as a book reader nerd, is that the Targaryens just aren't terribly interesting characters. I've mentioned it before in some other GoT thread, but they were just mediocre Valyrians who happened to not be in town when the city went 'splodey. They were rulers by happenstance and not terribly good at it.

Look at the characters in GoT. Obviously Tyrion carried a lot of the weight, but Varys, Bronn, Sam, Davos, Littlefinger, The Hound, Robert - these are all characters that bring a different feel to the show.

This looks like you're gonna have a bunch of stoic and entitled Targaryen's with a dash of Ned nobility and Stannis obstinance sprinkled in. Plus a mis-cast Daemon.

The Targaryen's just aren't as interesting as the dueling families with their histories and their different personalities shaped by time/geography, etc...

It just doesn't have the depth of characters to keep things interesting. It'll have an Arya and Sansa and Robb and probably even a Jon sort of character. But those guys, while they often drove the story, didn't make the story entertaining.

It was the ancillary characters and their personalities/actions that made GoT interesting.

And Ros. Man oh man did Esme Bianco keep my attention...
I have not read Fire and Blood but, even at that I can easily see what you are saying. They went to Westeros with dragons, conquered it with dragons, lost it due to no more dragons and because cray cray, and then nearly won it back because dragons once again but, it slipped through their fingers because cray cray. (Sorry for the run on sentence)

Frankly, the most interesting Targaryen centric story I can think of would be coming to Westeros and conquering it. And even that story I feel like would have a fairly low ceiling for amount of creative story telling.

I’m still giving it a chance though, even after I determined I wasn’t going to because fuck anything GRRM until he finishes ASOIAF. I’m weak, whatever.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:24 PM 08-24-2022
People still think he’s going to finish the books?
[Reply]
kccrow 10:20 PM 08-24-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Someone I can buy as an athlete and who comes across as suave/charming more than conniving and underhanded. Matt Smith could play Baelish just fine but I’m just not buying him as Daemon.

I think you’re right - you can’t have someone massive here. Jai Courtney has probably bulked himself out of it, for instance (but at one point would’ve been a good choice).

Maybe Garrett Hedlund? Jensen Ackles? Alexander Ludwig? I dunno - not a casting director. But man, I’d have come up with literally a hundred names before I got to Matt Smith.

Or here’s a thought - and hear me out on this one - Esme Bianco. Just throwing it out there.
Ludwig would have been interesting. Whether or not he'd want to after Vikings is a thing where maybe he didnt' want a character like this. Can't say for sure.

Esme Bianco in anything, with no clothing of course, is worthwhile TV.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:20 AM 08-25-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
No.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 05:35 AM 08-25-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Don’t overthink it gents, we got brutality, tits, and dragons in E1.

Pretty much all I ever asked for in a GOT episode.
It's like Tom Servo once said, "keep in mind it's just a show, I really should just relax"

I'll watch it but yeah, not going to overthink it or worry about it too much. Like I'm on the only person on the internet that enjoys both the Star Wars prequels and the sequels. they're big dumb movies that are entertaining for a couple of hours and who cares it's just a movie.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:24 AM 08-25-2022
I don't even think the motherfucker plans on finishing them. It wouldn't surprise me to hear that he stopped writing the book several years ago.

After he saw the reception to the end of GOT and how that ruined the entire show for a ton of people, I could see him being scared that people will hate it and tarnish the reputation of the series. I also think he just has too much going on.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:41 PM 08-25-2022
Pretty sure he's busy helping Valve get Half Life 3 JUST RIGHT, but he should be back on ASOIAF any day now.

[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:31 PM 08-25-2022
Still funny.

https://youtu.be/lle4t4o8EDk
[Reply]
DRM08 05:31 PM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I don't even think the motherfucker plans on finishing them. It wouldn't surprise me to hear that he stopped writing the book several years ago.

After he saw the reception to the end of GOT and how that ruined the entire show for a ton of people, I could see him being scared that people will hate it and tarnish the reputation of the series. I also think he just has too much going on.
He would be a fool to finish the books at this point. He should focus on developing some prequel and spin-off TV shows while laughing all the way to the bank.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:35 PM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
He would be a fool to finish the books at this point. He should focus on developing some prequel and spin-off TV shows while laughing all the way to the bank.
Yup.

Absolutely nothing to gain by finishing them and ultimately he knows this.
[Reply]
lcarus 05:19 AM 08-27-2022
Since this show takes place a couple centuries before Game of Thrones the only character who could even possibly cross over is Melisandre. Her past is mysterious. We know she was in Asshai at one point before the War of the Five Kings.
[Reply]
RustShack 06:32 AM 08-27-2022
I looked at the Targaryen family line several years ago during GoT. Kind of wish I hadn’t looked at it again last night lol
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:27 PM 08-27-2022
It’s officially renewed for a second season. That means HBO got enough new subscribers after the first week to bet another $100-$150 million on another season.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 08:11 PM 08-28-2022
Episode 2 was good. Looking at the coming attraction, I’m not sure I like the quick fast forward.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 37
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up