ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Arrowhead Kingdom in Tampa
BigRedChief 07:37 AM 05-04-2022
The Chiefs are playing in Tampa Bay this year on October 2nd. Sunday Night Football. This is the birthplace of Arrowhead South. We will rock this out of the park.

==================================
I have confirmed with Caddy’s they will be able to accomedate us on Saturday. I’ll be there around 5:00 pm. Party goes until they close. Last time we had Chief fans there all day and night.

It’s also confirmed that Caddys will be able to get the TV on the beach to watch the Chiefs game on Sunday. Have the staff and supplies for the event. I’ll get there around 5:00 but if expect it’ll be packed by then.

The details about the Red Friday event are in the spoiler.
Spoiler!

We will host a free game watch party on Sunset Beach.

Spoiler!

We will host other events all weekend. You can post an idea thread for Saturday events. We can arrange multiple ones if needed so everyone can spend their day how they like with other Chief fans.
I'll keep this post updated with the latest information
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:50 PM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I've never been an opposing fan, but guess I'll find out week 1... I debated whether I'd go to Nashville had the Titans and Chiefs won in the divisional round, and I was actually leaning towards staying in KC to watch it.

I dunno... being one of a few thousand Chiefs fans in a stadium of 70k+ just sounds.... a little awkward? Unless you're in a 'visitor section', it just doesn't seem like it would be a great atmosphere.

Then again, I've been to Arrowhead for a few playoff games in recent years, so that's set a pretty high bar for atmosphere. :-)
Having done it dozens of dozens of times, it's a supremely unique experience. The highs are higher and the lows are lower because you're essentially by yourself on an island. I highly recommend giving it a try as the entire experience will be like slowly ripping a band-aid off with great pleasure or pain on the other side.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:21 AM 05-13-2022
Does anyone know a local Tampa area band or willing to travel to Tampa to play for us on Red Friday at Caddys? I’d bet us Chief fans got enough pull to get a Chief fans band a gig there that night and on Sunday.

Yeah, it’s all free unless you want to buy something. I’d bet a lot are going to buy a dinner and drinks. Let’s use that power to get a Chiefs fan band a couple of gigs.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:41 AM 05-13-2022
Added to both Caddy events: We will have a 10% discount code for the cabana rentals. Caddy's will also be giving out $25 gift cards from Caddy's throughout the event. Will also be holding a free to enter raffle for an all day free cabana, Details on how to enter the raffle are forthcoming soon.

Edit: Will also be holding a free to enter raffle for an all day free cabana, Details on how to enter the raffle are forthcoming soon.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:11 PM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
If this is late in the season I will try to make it. I have a close friend I would like to see in Tampa as well.

Great job on these!!!
Bro.... you have a guy who’s dying to watch a game with you. I’m about to reserve a cabana. Please come. You will be my guest.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 07:17 PM 08-25-2022
Any updates on this? Eight of us are flying out for that game.
[Reply]
Spott 07:31 PM 08-25-2022
I was at the Royals game this weekend in St Pete and ran into a couple that were planning on going to Caddy’s for the game. Sounds like that’s going to be a a large group there.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:44 PM 08-25-2022
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
Any updates on this? Eight of us are flying out for that game.
Caddys is all set. working on the rest. Not ready to announce yet. It’s a difficult market. Until Brady isn’t here next year.

Originally Posted by Spott:
I was at the Royals game this weekend in St Pete and ran into a couple that were planning on going to Caddy’s for the game. Sounds like that’s going to be a a large group there.
probably have 1000 Chief fans on Red Friday and close to that number to watch the game on the beach. It’s all free to attend.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 07:47 PM 08-25-2022
I’ll be at the red Friday at Caddy’s. Coming down without tickets in hopes they come down in price a little that weekend. Nice to have the watch party at Caddy’s as an option to make it possible.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:58 PM 08-25-2022
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
I’ll be at the red Friday at Caddy’s. Coming down without tickets in hopes they come down in price a little that weekend. Nice to have the watch party at Caddy’s as an option to make it possible.
I know of at least 200 Chief fans coming in from out of town and coming to Caddys. No plans whatsoever to attend the actual game. Happening in Vegas this year too. It’s definitely a trend.

If your city is also a vacation spot. Not just Chief fans but other teams fans are coming into town, attending fan events but have no intention of going to the game.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 06:30 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Caddys is all set. working on the rest. Not ready to announce yet. It’s a difficult market. Until Brady isn’t here next year.
Any updates?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:13 AM 09-22-2022
Any updates?
We are unable to do the BBQ tailgate. The rest is still on at Caddys. We are going to have something on Saturday evening too.

The Bucs just didn't want a bunch of Chief fans tailgating in their lot or anywhere close to the stadium. The Chiefs rented out the Yankee stadium across the street for a season ticket holder only event.

All of the possibilities within walking distance wanted thousands of $'s just to rent for morning. We would have to charged $100 to tailgate. It got just too expensive.

Tickets are $300 for nosebleeds and $500 in the lower sections. Everyone in Tampa is making bank off the Chiefs coming to town.

The Bucs really piss me off. Before Brady they were giving me whatever I wanted. Room in the parking lot. Security, tables etc. . The Jaguars and Dolphins vouched for us. Now they don’t even return my calls. :-)
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 07:19 AM 09-22-2022
We are unable to do the BBQ tailgate. The rest is still on at Caddys. We are going to have something on Saturday evening too.

The Bucs just didn't want a bunch of Chief fans tailgating in their lot or anywhere close to the stadium. The Chiefs rented out the Yankee stadium across the street for a season ticket holder only event.

All of the possibilities within walking distance wanted thousands of $'s just to rent for morning. We would have to charged $100 to tailgate. It got just too expensive.

Tickets are $300 for nosebleeds and $500 in the lower sections. Everyone in Tampa is making bank off the Chiefs coming to town.

The Bucs really piss me off. Before Brady they were giving me whatever I wanted. Room in the parking lot. Security, tables etc. . The Jaguars and Dolphins vouched for us. Now they don’t even return my calls. :-)
That sucks. Thanks for trying.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:25 AM 09-22-2022
That sucks. Thanks for trying.
I think the days of having large tailgates are over for most stadiums.

The teams don't want it, the Chiefs are a major attraction and its the local business's chance to cash in. I don't think fans want to pay $100 to eat a plateful of BBQ and hang with their fellow fans or at least large enough numbers to make any money for charity.

Going to try something different next year. Get some sponsors and a VIP option to bring in money to cover costs. Then we can charge $20 a head and all that money can go to charity,
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 07:35 AM 09-22-2022
Does the parking lot have rules about who can tailgate at certain cars or something? I don’t know why it couldn’t be something that just happens organically. If I start a tailgate that Sunday and welcome all Chiefs fans, what’s stopping a large Chiefs tailgate from starting in the parking lot? Are they going to arrest Chiefs fans if they begin to congregate together for a huge tailgate? Tailgating really shouldn’t be that hard. You setup a tailgate and people gather around it. They can try all they want to keep Chiefs fans away, but that lot will still be filled with Chiefs flags no matter what they try.
[Reply]
Darien25 08:13 AM 09-22-2022
I think the days of having large tailgates are over for most stadiums.

The teams don't want it, the Chiefs are a major attraction and its the local business's chance to cash in. I don't think fans want to pay $100 to eat a plateful of BBQ and hang with their fellow fans or at least large enough numbers to make any money for charity.

Going to try something different next year. Get some sponsors and a VIP option to bring in money to cover costs. Then we can charge $20 a head and all that money can go to charity,
I love the Tampa Riverwalk area and it would be fun to have some kind of Chief's fans get together there. Not sure if there is a spot that would work, but I'd love to drink some beer and shoot the shit with some other fans of America's greatest team. Armature Works is a fantastic spot but we'd have to run all the Bucs fans out first, all 10-15 of them.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up