ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Arrowhead Kingdom in Tampa
BigRedChief 07:37 AM 05-04-2022
The Chiefs are playing in Tampa Bay this year on October 2nd. Sunday Night Football. This is the birthplace of Arrowhead South. We will rock this out of the park.

==================================
I have confirmed with Caddy’s they will be able to accomedate us on Saturday. I’ll be there around 5:00 pm. Party goes until they close. Last time we had Chief fans there all day and night.

It’s also confirmed that Caddys will be able to get the TV on the beach to watch the Chiefs game on Sunday. Have the staff and supplies for the event. I’ll get there around 5:00 but if expect it’ll be packed by then.

The details about the Red Friday event are in the spoiler.
Spoiler!

We will host a free game watch party on Sunset Beach.

Spoiler!

We will host other events all weekend. You can post an idea thread for Saturday events. We can arrange multiple ones if needed so everyone can spend their day how they like with other Chief fans.
I'll keep this post updated with the latest information
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:08 PM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
There are barely any tickets for sale. That'll change. Prices will drop.
You coming down? I barely had a chance to talk to you in Jax. I’m thinking heavily of just doing the Caddy’s watch party.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:08 PM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
We have seen a trend with fans traveling to the city where the Chiefs are playing but don’t actually go to the game. Just want to party with fellow Chief fans on the road. So we set up a game day watch party on the beach at Caddy’s on Sunday. Details in the OP. It’s free to all.

So if you don’t want to pay $350 to sit in the nosebleeds, you have another option now.
I wonder how many people travel with the intention of going to the game if the price is right.... that would be a pretty solid strategy. Doubtful those tickets are $350 in September, and if they still are, they'll fall quite a bit in the few days leading up to the game.

Spend a few days in Tampa and if you strike a deal with last minute tickets, awesome... if not, find a place to watch the game. It's a great way to do it, getting airfare an hotel early and not necessarily traveling JUST for the game.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:14 PM 05-12-2022
Maybe compared to Missouri but compared to the first weeks of Sept in Florida like the last Chief games played in Miami and Jacksonville were, this will be chilly.
I drank soooooo many beers before that Jags game. And the heat, even for a fellow Floridian was rough after all that. Seemed hotter at that game in Jax in September, than being in Jamaica in July. I had such a blast though! My first Chiefs game, and it was game one of our championship season.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:16 PM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I wonder how many people travel with the intention of going to the game if the price is right.... that would be a pretty solid strategy. Doubtful those tickets are $350 in September, and if they still are, they'll fall quite a bit in the few days leading up to the game.

Spend a few days in Tampa and if you strike a deal with last minute tickets, awesome... if not, find a place to watch the game. It's a great way to do it, getting airfare an hotel early and not necessarily traveling JUST for the game.
In just the first few hours, We already have commitments from 100 people to watch the game on the beach. Includes 2 groups of 20 each. I agree tickets may drop to $200 for the nosebleeds but that’s still $4000 for that group to go to the game. You can’t tailgate like we are use to in KC and walk in very easily. I think this is probably happening with other teams fans too.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:17 PM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
You coming down? I barely had a chance to talk to you in Jax. I’m thinking heavily of just doing the Caddy’s watch party.
My wife has some close friends in Tampa who are Bucs fans. We've had this circled since the season ended.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:21 PM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
My wife has some close friends in Tampa who are Bucs fans. We've had this circled since the season ended.
You going to be in town by Red Friday? If so, let’s hang out for awhile at Caddy’s. Welll as long as Pat Mahomes doesn’t show show up again. :-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:27 PM 05-12-2022
You going to be in town by Red Friday? If so, let’s hang out for awhile at Caddy’s. Welll as long as Pat Mahomes doesn’t show show up again. :-)
I will always grant you a hall pass to spend time with Pat Sr. instead of me!

Earliest I'd arrive would be late Saturday afternoon. I'll keep you updated on my plans and hopefully we can meet up again.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:32 PM 05-12-2022
In just the first few hours, We already have commitments from 100 people to watch the game on the beach. Includes 2 groups of 20 each. I agree tickets may drop to $200 for the nosebleeds but that’s still $4000 for that group to go to the game. You can’t tailgate like we are use to in KC and walk in very easily. I think this is probably happening with other teams fans too.
Sure, wasn't arguing that... it's totally how people should do it. I'd personally look for last minute ticket deals in that case and I'm sure at least a few people have that same strategy, too.

I basically did that for the AFCCG... I was going to be in town all week regardless if they beat the Bills or if the Titans won, and if everything fell right, great. If not, I'd just work from there for the week and enjoy a couple of weekends. I'd definitely do it for playoff games in SoCal or other parts of the country if the Chiefs ever have to play a road playoff game.
[Reply]
Spott 08:45 PM 05-12-2022
We have seen a trend with fans traveling to the city where the Chiefs are playing but don’t actually go to the game. Just want to party with fellow Chief fans on the road. So we set up a game day watch party on the beach at Caddy’s on Sunday. Details in the OP. It’s free to all.

So if you don’t want to pay $350 to sit in the nosebleeds, you have another option now.
Honestly, I’d be just as good doing that instead of sitting around a stadium full of drunk Brady ballwashers. Plus I have relatives that live in Treasure Island so I’d have a free place to stay. :-)
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:46 PM 05-12-2022
Sure, wasn't arguing that... it's totally how people should do it. I'd personally look for last minute ticket deals in that case and I'm sure at least a few people have that same strategy, too.

I basically did that for the AFCCG... I was going to be in town all week regardless if they beat the Bills or if the Titans won, and if everything fell right, great. If not, I'd just work from there for the week and enjoy a couple of weekends. I'd definitely do it for playoff games in SoCal or other parts of the country if the Chiefs ever have to play a road playoff game.
Why aren’t you coming for this??
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:48 PM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by Spott:
Honestly, I’d be just as good doing that instead of sitting around a stadium full of drunk Brady ballwashers.
I’m in Clearwater. You could come park here a d we can all Uber down and back. Hmu, we can plan pregame etc.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:49 PM 05-12-2022
Why aren’t you coming for this??
Have you seen ticket prices?!?!

I might actually end up going to the Cards game and home opener, so TB a couple weeks later would probably be a bit extreme.
[Reply]
ArrowHeader 08:49 PM 05-12-2022
Mahomes eats Brady alive early in the season. I love it.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:52 PM 05-12-2022
Have you seen ticket prices?!?!

I might actually end up going to the Cards game and home opener, so TB a couple weeks later would probably be a bit extreme.
I hear ya. But this is the Golden age of Chiefs football. Like I said. I’ve only ever been to one Chiefs game. So I’m not talking shit lol. I may be again priced out of a game in my backyard. But I mean come down to Tampa, have a fucking BLAST for the weekend. Then watch Mahomes beat Brady for the last time at Caddy’s on the BEACH!!! with all of us crazy motherfuckers!!
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:03 PM 05-12-2022
I hear ya. But this is the Golden age of Chiefs football. Like I said. I’ve only ever been to one Chiefs game. So I’m not talking shit lol. I may be again priced out of a game in my backyard. But I mean come down to Tampa, have a fucking BLAST for the weekend. Then watch Mahomes beat Brady for the last time at Caddy’s on the BEACH!!! with all of us crazy motherfuckers!!
I've never been an opposing fan, but guess I'll find out week 1... I debated whether I'd go to Nashville had the Titans and Chiefs won in the divisional round, and I was actually leaning towards staying in KC to watch it.

I dunno... being one of a few thousand Chiefs fans in a stadium of 70k+ just sounds.... a little awkward? Unless you're in a 'visitor section', it just doesn't seem like it would be a great atmosphere.

Then again, I've been to Arrowhead for a few playoff games in recent years, so that's set a pretty high bar for atmosphere. :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up