View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 7 of 343
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
O.city 09:28 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
After the Frank Clark deal, I gotta think they're not keen on doing that again.
They're just so stuck at the end of the first. I like some of the rushers that will be there, but they may see it as a similar situation to LT last year.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:30 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
LT's (really good ones, which is what you'd want if you're not keeping Orlando) go in the top 10. Always.

He's not Willie Roaf so some people don't like him. I don't know. Whatever.

Sadly for us, it's usually the same with Pass Rushers.

He may not be Willie Roaf but he's about as damn close as you can get compared to what else is out there I've seen difference WR was much better at pass blocking but Orlando is still a mauler in the run game. If Any could conceive the notion too run when we need too our passing game would be better and take pressure off our quarterback and maybe he won't feel the need to do so much on every play?
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:30 AM 03-29-2022
They're just so stuck at the end of the first. I like some of the rushers that will be there, but they may see it as a similar situation to LT last year.
The difference is that there seems to be a good amount of DEs that are available in the top 3 rounds this year. Last year...the OTs were all 1st rounders and then shit.
[Reply]
-King- 09:30 AM 03-29-2022
LT's (really good ones, which is what you'd want if you're not keeping Orlando) go in the top 10. Always.

He's not Willie Roaf so some people don't like him. I don't know. Whatever.

Sadly for us, it's usually the same with Pass Rushers.
Slater went at 13 and Darrisaw went at 23. And only 1 tackle went in the top 10. And going back the previous few years, there actually aren't that many tackles taken in the top 10. Seems like the sweet spot has been the 10-20 range for them.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:33 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Slater went at 13 and Darrisaw went at 23. And only 1 tackle went in the top 10. And going back the previous few years, there actually aren't that many tackles taken in the top 10. Seems like the sweet spot has been the 10-20 range for them.
Yeah.

But the problem as you get deeper in last year's draft the more you get into question marks. Darrisaw got hurt and didn't actually even play until like week 5. He did well down the stretch but if you're trading away Brown, you need a guy that can go right away. Those guys just aren't easy to find outside the top 15 or so. It's not impossible but it seems like 1 step forward 2 steps back to get rid of OBJ at this point.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:37 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yeah.

But the problem as you get deeper in last year's draft the more you get into question marks. Darrisaw got hurt and didn't actually even play until like week 5. He did well down the stretch but if you're trading away Brown, you need a guy that can go right away. Those guys just aren't easy to find outside the top 15 or so. It's not impossible but it seems like 1 step forward 2 steps back to get rid of OBJ at this point.
And the other two, I believe, were Jenkins (CHI) who had back issues and Sam Cosmi (WAS) who was athletic but pretty light for the position.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:38 AM 03-29-2022
Oh and Eichenberg who was basically a RT.

And Walker Little who hadn't played football in over a year.

The Chiefs options at LT in the draft were basically nothing. Especially for a team with championship aspirations and a $500 million dollar QB.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:41 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I'll play along for fun.

Trade Brown for a mid 2nd.

Move Thuney to LT like against the Bengals in the regular season. Allegretti at LG. Creed and Trey. And then draft a RT.

I don't think this is remotely realistic but, hey, we're spitballing, right?

If Thuney could play LT competently as he did in that game and not immediately demand LT money, I think this would be the obvious choice.
Thuney was destroyed the first drive of the 2nd half in that game. He's not a LT, and I know we are spitballing, but that would be a disaster.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:43 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
I guess people didn't pay attention to Patrick bailing out running to the right sideline then throwing it away all the time. Brown cant handle speed rushers and he is going to face even more this year. If we would run the ball a little more and brown would trim down some he might become great. I just don't trust throwing money at him and expect him to not get fatter.
When Patrick quit dropping back 12 yards, Brown was fine. He is a top 1/3 LT.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:43 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Slightly above average would indicate he’s easily replaceable.
okay, tell us how. What draft picks, FA money and or trades do you make for X player to replace him?
[Reply]
O.city 09:44 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
So top 15 ish. My bad. Way off.

Good luck trading to get up there and get one.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:49 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Sorry, Fisher was an all around better LT. With Brown, you're banking that he can develop into something better than what Fish was. But before Fish got injured, he was the better LT of the two IMO.
Fisher wasn't at age 25...and definitely isn't after an achilles repair in his Mid 30's...
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 09:50 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Again, just since it got lost on the first page of the thread:

If the deal is 6/$145, there is NO WAY he's seeing the almost-certainly huge dollar figure on the last year of the deal. So that AAV of $24M+ is inflated.

The actual deal would be more like a 5/110 or something in that range (maybe with a guaranteed salary in year 6 that serves as a further extension of a signing bonus or something like that).
The way Veach has been structuring contracts, I could absolutely see this. They have shown the tendency to give themselves flexibility with the contracts via signing bonuses and what not. So, I could see that cap number being high in the last year, but it being a restructurable signing bonus or someone other mechanism is definitely in play, as you mention.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 09:53 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Fisher wasn't at age 25...and definitely isn't after an achilles repair in his Mid 30's...
He just turned 31 in January. So, not mid 30s quite yet but definitely some wear and tear going on
[Reply]
splatbass 11:15 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
I guess people didn't pay attention to Patrick bailing out running to the right sideline then throwing it away all the time. Brown cant handle speed rushers and he is going to face even more this year. If we would run the ball a little more and brown would trim down some he might become great. I just don't trust throwing money at him and expect him to not get fatter.

This happened early in the year not because of Brown but because of Mahomes. Brown was pushing rushers back and behind, as a LT is supposed to do, but Mahomes would move back in the pocket right into where Brown was pushing the rusher. Instead of moving back, then having to move outside Mahomes needed to move sideways from the beginning, or forward, which is what he did later in the year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 7 of 343
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Up