Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL STOCK CHALLENGE & DISCUSSION THREAD****
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:48 AM 03-24-2022
Stock Discussion
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:42 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Anyone trading?
Longed 25k GTII at $2.46 sold 2.52.

Then shorted 2500 ATXI at $8.91 and covered at 8.48 out of the down halt when I realized how risky and dumb that trade was. Dropped to $7.40 then bounced to $11.12, confirming my "this is a stupid trade" thesis.

Oh, and swinging 2000 MNMD with a $5.85 avg, looking for a solid "first green day" move soon. Risking yesterday's lows in the low $5.50s.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 01:54 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Let's do it . We'll catch a good stock while the gov is fucking everything up.

Keep in mind your price will be at the close 9/30 for the start.
I would just triple down on cvna, but actually put me down for ADBE for a strong value prop
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 02:54 PM 09-27-2022
:-)

Got caught in an offering on MNMD and since it was after the closing bell my stop-loss didn't trigger on ThinkOrSwim. That was a nice little kick in the nuts, gave back everything I made today plus a grand.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:45 PM 09-27-2022
Anyone trading?

Taking a break for a minute. Battling Covid.
[Reply]
scho63 04:57 PM 09-27-2022
Not the birthday gift you wanted.
[Reply]
scho63 06:19 AM 09-28-2022
Did I miss the big AMC short squeeze?
[Reply]
lewdog 06:50 AM 09-28-2022
Did I miss the big AMC short squeeze?
It was a sure thing though!!!
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 08:28 AM 09-28-2022
LLY on a rocket today
[Reply]
scho63 08:56 AM 09-28-2022
Biogen up huge too
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:40 PM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by Renegade:
I am out all next week, so I am going to bite the bullet and add EOG to my portfolio
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Put me down for ABBV.
Originally Posted by PHOG:
I need a winner, or what closely resembles one in this atmosphere. I'll take LLY this time. Thanks.
Originally Posted by stumppy:
FREY please.
I'll take BDN, Brandywine Realty Trust as my 5th stock.
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I forget the rules, can we buy a mutual fund or does it have to be stocks.

If I can do a mutual fund I’ll do FSLBX. If it has to be a stock I’ll do JPM.

I’m thinking banking might be a decent play as long as defaults stay down. There is money to be made in the investment banking realm too.

Whether or not it transfers to earnings which may or may not transfer to stock price im not smart enough to know. But this will at least make me watch it.
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
I would just triple down on cvna, but actually put me down for ADBE for a strong value prop
Got these so far , let me know if I missed you.

Anybody that still wants to add a #5 we got though the weekend since the month end is Friday.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:02 PM 09-29-2022
I hope you're doing better than our stock portfolios.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:13 PM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I hope you're doing better than our stock portfolios.
I would have to be dead and buried to be any worse than this stock market.LOL

I'm 5 days in and feeling better this afternoon. My daughter got it too so had to drive 2 hours to bring her home from school , so now, I'm isolating in one room , she's isolating in her room and my wife with COPD and 50% lung capacity still is clear. She stays in the sunroom and smokes all day. I think I read somewhere that smoking can actually reduce your chance of getting Covid. Go figure. I guess we'll find out . We're walking on pins and needles trying to avoid getting her sick because it'll pretty much be a death sentence.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:14 PM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
It was a sure thing though!!!
I do really wish that KChiefs1 would at least let us know what happened. I hope he didn't lose his entire retirement savings on it.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:18 PM 09-29-2022

I'm 5 days in and feeling better this afternoon. My daughter got it too so had to drive 2 hours to bring her home from school , so now, I'm isolating in one room , she's isolating in her room and my wife with COPD and 50% lung capacity still is clear. She stays in the sunroom and smokes all day. I think I read somewhere that smoking can actually reduce your chance of getting Covid. Go figure. I guess we'll find out . We're walking on pins and needles trying to avoid getting her sick because it'll pretty much be a death sentence.
Best of luck, man.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 04:18 PM 09-29-2022

Damn bud.
[Reply]
Page 73 of 98
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783 > Last »
Up