ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 411 of 469
« First < 311361401407408409410411 412413414415421461 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:01 PM 09-27-2022

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
cosmo20002 08:15 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Salvy should have bunted?

Witt was the batter. Yes, he should have bunted. With his speed, you might even end up with runners at 1st and 3rd and no outs.
If Salvy was leading off, then yes to him also. He can handle it.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:01 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Witt was the batter. Yes, he should have bunted. With his speed, you might even end up with runners at 1st and 3rd and no outs.
If Salvy was leading off, then yes to him also. He can handle it.

Witt almost got an extra base hit but a great play saved that run. Runners at 1st & 2nd with Salvy at bat. A bunt probably was the play. Pasquantino would have driven in Melendez from 3rd.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:23 PM 09-27-2022
I really hope he comes back next season.

A few Greinke stories from The Athletic:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
MVChiefFan 05:55 AM 09-28-2022

Spoiler!

:-) I love it! Especially the cat conversation.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:00 AM 09-28-2022

Spoiler!

Probably my all time favorite Royal
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:43 AM 09-28-2022
Re: extra innings, it’s all about the situation and who is up for you and them.

If I’ve got an ace reliever available who gets Ks, I play for the run at second. If I’ve got the bottom of the lineup up, I play for the run at second.

If the middle of the opposing team’s lineup is up and there’s someone I have trouble getting out in there (or multiple someone’s) you may let guys swing away to play for more than a run.

If I don’t have an ace reliever available or the middle of my lineup is up against a non ace reliever, I let my guys swing away.

There are a few automatic bunt situations, but more goes into it than just it being the 10th inning or later.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:09 AM 09-28-2022

Spoiler!

He's so Aspergers and its great
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:17 AM 09-28-2022
The attendance woes have been worsening for years. During our 2014 season which got off to a good start, we were in first place after Memorial Day, we drew like 24k on the year. Pretty sad. I went to 7 or so games this year and it was a mausoleum each time save the Dodgers Saturday night game. Tons of their fans were at it and the attendance? 28k. F’n pathetic

The fans can’t be blamed for not packing a crap team. But there should be some base level of fans who like a sport or just going out. Looks like we don’t really have that any more. Maybe Kc is just too small for pro sports. “But the Chiefs sell out!” They have Mahomes now. If the Chiefs start losing again you’ll see those 45k crowds like we saw under Pioli
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:23 AM 09-28-2022

Spoiler!

Matheny: I played catch with him today. I said, “I can say I caught Zack Greinke.” He goes, “You caught me in between innings, don’t you remember?” I’m like, “Oh yeah. But then you went and got somebody else.” He goes, “Yeah, because I gave up runs. You were bad luck.” I was like, “That’s such crap.” Then he said something (about me), like, “Get somebody else because these guys need to be able to come in and throw their good stuff.”… Like, “You’re not good to catch everybody’s good stuff.” He said that out loud!

----

Lopez: We were all sitting around and it was a bunch of young guys who just got called up and Zack. I go: “I’ll give $100 to whoever guesses where Zack was committed to.”

Massey: We’re all guessing, and he’s like: “No, no.”

Lopez: Someone said Creighton or another university and he looked at them and goes: “I was the four-time Gatorade player of the year. Do you think I would ever go there?”

(Nicky Lopez went to Creighton btw)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:49 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
The attendance woes have been worsening for years. During our 2014 season which got off to a good start, we were in first place after Memorial Day, we drew like 24k on the year. Pretty sad. I went to 7 or so games this year and it was a mausoleum each time save the Dodgers Saturday night game. Tons of their fans were at it and the attendance? 28k. F’n pathetic

The fans can’t be blamed for not packing a crap team. But there should be some base level of fans who like a sport or just going out. Looks like we don’t really have that any more. Maybe Kc is just too small for pro sports. “But the Chiefs sell out!” They have Mahomes now. If the Chiefs start losing again you’ll see those 45k crowds like we saw under Pioli
That's one of the downfalls of the consistent losing. You lose some of the core fanbase year over year.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:08 AM 09-28-2022

The gripes about the Royals attendance are fair, in some regards, but to suggest KC doesn't support the Chiefs winning or losing? They've been doing that loyally ever since Carl and Marty came to town back in 1988.

As far as the Pioli years, while attendance was 'down' the lowest they averaged in any year of his 4 year term was 67,500, and that was actually from 2009, his first year with the team. By 2012, when fans were calling for his head, flying banners and the famous 'blackout game', the Chiefs STILL averaged 68,500 per game. Their lowest attended game that year was against Carolina (one of the 2 teams they actually beat in that lovely 2-14 season) and their attendance that day was 62,860.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...fs-since-2006/

So, the whole '45K crowds' are nothing but hyperbole parroted by the revisionists and ill informed.

The KC fans have supported the Chiefs loyally since 1990, when they finally got competent leadership in place.

If the Royals could get competent leadership in place that allowed the team to compete year in and year out (sans Cleveland, Tampa Bay, etc.) even if it didn't end in a trophy being hoisted, I think it's fair to say attendance would increase. Fans don't want to go out and watch a shit product, especially when it's being headed up by people that don't know what they're doing. Fix the top, filter it on down, and you'll see the entire product improve including fan enthusiasm. Which directly impacts attendance at ballgames.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:19 AM 09-28-2022
I was at the blackout game. It was half full, maybe.
[Reply]
RockChalk 09:39 AM 09-28-2022
I was at the blackout game. It was half full, maybe.
Yeah, obviously TomBardtsTwin is using ticket sales reporting figures to fit his narrative on this.

I've been to games every year since my folks first got season tickets back in 1989. Arrowhead in 2012 barely had 50K (if that much) in the stands, in many of the games other than the home opener.

You are right about the blackout game. I'd say at best, there were 40K in the stadium that day.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:49 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Yeah, obviously TomBardtsTwin is using ticket sales reporting figures to fit his narrative on this.

I've been to games every year since my folks first got season tickets back in 1989. Arrowhead in 2012 barely had 50K (if that much) in the stands, in many of the games other than the home opener.

You are right about the blackout game. I'd say at best, there were 40K in the stadium that day.
My narrative?

Just looking at the statistics, my man.

I realize everyone likes to use 'eyeball test' to support their viewpoint, but as they say in the courtroom, if you don't have the evidence to back up your claim, the case is getting dismissed.

I don't have any narrative. I was just disputing PB's notion that KC will suddenly stop supporting the Chiefs when Mahomes retires or if we go on an extended losing streak.

If you agree with his take, by all means, you're both entitled to your opinion.
[Reply]
Page 411 of 469
« First < 311361401407408409410411 412413414415421461 > Last »
Up