ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 14
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
In Memoriam>RIP Patteeu
BigRedChief 12:58 AM 05-01-2021
Patteau was my friend. That may surprise some of you, but we were real life friends for 15+ years, I met Gene at my Arrowhead tailgate sometime in the mid 2000’s. It was the only time we ever met face to face. We hit it off at the tailgate. We only knew each other from Chiefs Planet, we were obviously totally opposites in our political views but outside of that subject, we found we had a lot in common.

We decided to stay in real life contact after the game. Over the 15+ years we kept in touch with what was happening in our real lives. We worked together many times on the packages for the troops. He gave his time and not just money to help get those packages out to the troops.

He was so proud of his daughters. He would go on about how smart they were. Both are successful in life now. They live in NY and LA and as he said so proudly, just as conservative in their views as him.

Gene went through a divorce, daughters moving to different states. Moving etc. I shared with him my son’s path, my moves, milestones etc.

And then there was Gene’s health issues. I swore to keep them to myself. Sometimes I wanted to defend him about being short or aggressive towards someone. You would be short too if you only ½ of one lung left.

At the end, Gene needed a walker to move. On oxygen all the time. Have multiple cancers in different places. Paralysis in his right arm so when he posted on the Planet. He was only able to post using his one good arm and hand.

He was still fighting all that to the end. He did not go gently into the night. He went out fighting death with everything he had. I can only hope that when my time comes, I’ll have the courage he showed.

I will miss my friend.

Gene is the one behind Stevie Ray on the left.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 12:26 PM 05-01-2021
Welp, I was 99% sure when I saw that leaving forever post that it was going to lead to this. I thought maybe he was going into hospice or something. Didn't figure he was already gone. He'll be missed.

He could drive you nuts if you were arguing with him...I think he was mostly sincere, but he definitely had about 15% troll in him just to irritate us on the smarter side of things.

But worst of all, he was almost always civil, and you just couldn't let loose with a satisfying "you moronic fuckface" when he didn't operate that way.:-)
RIP
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 12:32 PM 05-01-2021
also: fuck cancer
[Reply]
carlos3652 12:37 PM 05-01-2021
Wow, best leaving forever thread in CP history.

RIP - I enjoyed reading his takes and I always appreciated how civil he was during disagreements. He was all class.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 12:42 PM 05-01-2021
Hate to see this. Patteau and I didn't see eye to eye on anything, but I don't like the fact that he got cancer. RIP Patteau
[Reply]
bevischief 12:54 PM 05-01-2021
Rest in peace. Sorry to hear.
[Reply]
KC Dan 01:20 PM 05-01-2021
RIP. Damn shame, thoughts to his family and friends
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 02:22 PM 05-01-2021
Death, you rotten mutha f... sneaking in like a thief.

Pat, travel quickly and I'll keep watch for you under my boot soles.
[Reply]
kstater 02:34 PM 05-01-2021
Damn,. rip

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
mlyonsd 02:40 PM 05-01-2021
BRC nailed it.

Gene was a great guy that I never met. We spent many years discussing family in PM's and he helped me with kind words through a dark time. As he deteriorated he could only type with one hand. He had a long hard battle but never lost his spirit.

RIP old friend. You will be missed.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 02:52 PM 05-01-2021
RIP sir.
Loved that guy even though I never met him.
[Reply]
seclark 03:11 PM 05-01-2021
A good man
sec
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 03:31 PM 05-01-2021
Rest in peace.
[Reply]
CrossCheck 03:49 PM 05-01-2021
You will be missed. RIP
[Reply]
ROYC75 03:50 PM 05-01-2021
Holy Cow!

Leaving CP is one thing, happens all the time, you can grow tired of some things in life.

But this? I wasn't prepared for, had no warnings!

RIP Patt, you will be be missed by many here!
[Reply]
JakeF 04:33 PM 05-01-2021
Wow, he knew he was "leaving" for good.

Sounds like he made his choice about how to go out. Good for him. I hope he finds peace.

Bye Pat.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 14
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up