ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 371 of 435
« First < 271321361367368369370371 372373374375381421 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:57 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
So-not arguing anything either way on Frank Clark, but the reality of a defensive gameplan against Kyler Murray is similar to Lamar. You're probably not going to get a lot of sacks from your edge rushers unless they're coverage sacks. You try to keep him contained and IN the pocket because you're probably more concerned with his ability to run than pass and you need to keep him corralled.

So, while I'm not bullish on some great Clark resurgence, this isn't really the game to point to as evidence of anything.

The pass rush as a whole looked pretty good; Murray was mostly made uncomfortable and did not have running lanes for the most part. That's what you do against that guy, just like Lamar. You're not going to get a ton of sacks.
^this^ for anyone with a brain, the Midget is extremely hard to sack. We contained him quite nicely and that is no easy task.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:58 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
The Cards OL is pish, Chargers will be tougher, but I think Chris is right, probably trying to play contain a lot against Murray so we'll see.
I watched Karlaftis and he seemed to be pulling up a lot. I think it's obvious they were playing contain.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 09:37 AM 09-12-2022
Welp..... same old same old.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:44 AM 09-12-2022
Eh - weird team to defense. Nothing statistically would've really changed things for me either way.

That said - looked like the same old slapdick physically. Wasn't overly quick or explosive. Wasn't able to win with power.

I'm still waiting to see this new lighter, more explosive Clark some of y'all were talking about when he showed up skinny. Sure, he's lighter. I don't see more explosive. And I don't see any power to speak of.

He's just taking up space at this point. If he's schemed into a position to succeed he might be able to. He can probably clean up a coverage sack here and there. But as far as just winning his reps goes - he doesn't have the tools to do it.

I hate having to have ANOTHER count-down to the end of Frank Clark because we should've hit 0:00 last spring. But hey, it's all there is left to do at this point. Short of Matt Cassel, I can't think of a more ignominious Chiefs career.
[Reply]
O.city 10:04 AM 09-12-2022
At this point, we hope the Cowboys suck and decide to sell and go give them a 3rd for Lawrence.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:05 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
But hey, it's all there is left to do at this point. Short of Matt Cassel, I can't think of a more ignominious Chiefs career.
Yeah, far more ignominious to have played a major role in our Super Bowl season and then fallen off than to have murdered your wife and then committed suicide on team property. Also definitely more ignominious than to have gotten drunk, slammed into a car while driving, disabled a child, all during Super Bowl week.

I’m not sure that term means what you think it does.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09-12-2022, 10:05 AM
This message has been deleted by htismaqe.
htismaqe 10:07 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
At this point, we hope the Cowboys suck and decide to sell and go give them a 3rd for Lawrence.
Dude, you're entering Lexicon territory with this stuff...
[Reply]
Sorce 10:24 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
^this^ for anyone with a brain, the Midget is extremely hard to sack. We contained him quite nicely and that is no easy task.
There was one play where Jones had a sack and Murray was able to duck under it and get away.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:26 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Yeah, far more ignominious to have played a major role in our Super Bowl season and then fallen off than to have murdered your wife and then committed suicide on team property. Also definitely more ignominious than to have gotten drunk, slammed into a car while driving, disabled a child, all during Super Bowl week.

I’m not sure that term means what you think it does.
I think you know I meant in terms of his on-field impact.

But keep on telling yourself he was instrumental in the SB if you'd like. It's really the last thing you ball-washers have to cling to at this point.

Clark has been a monumental bust here. He's embarrassed himself on and off the field and has done so after the expenditure of enormous cap/draft capital.

The Chiefs would've been better off had he gone ahead and gone full Belcher while still in Seattle.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:29 AM 09-12-2022
We're starting Clark and Danna when our two best DE's are Dunlap and Karlaftis. Lol wtf.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:30 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
We're starting Clark and Danna when our two best DE's are Dunlap and Karlaftis. Lol wtf.
IIRC, Danna and Karlaftis were on the field for the first play of the first series. So technically Danna and Karlaftis were your starters.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:31 AM 09-12-2022
Dunlap had more burst than I expected. And the dude REALLY stands out; he's a massive guy who uses his power well.

Maybe using him in short bursts is the way to go about it. I really liked what I saw out of him and worry a bit about him being over-exposed.
[Reply]
Tylerthigpen!1! 10:35 AM 09-12-2022
I’d bet they are trying to keep dunlap fresh and will work george into the starting lineup as the season progresses.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:44 AM 09-12-2022
Keep sleeping on Dana!!

George Karlaftis, Chris Jones and Mike Danna recorded six pressures each (!!) yesterday, per PFF. Only Maxx Crosby (7) had more among all players.

The Chiefs pressured Kyler Murray on 43% of his dropbacks.

— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) September 12, 2022

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:47 AM 09-12-2022
Wait, what? Thats either outright wrong or PFF has two completely different sets of contradicting analysts. What i saw Jones was attributed with 5 pressures and Karlaftis 3.
[Reply]
Page 371 of 435
« First < 271321361367368369370371 372373374375381421 > Last »
Up