ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 16
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Media Center>Serial Podcast
Pushead2 01:13 PM 11-03-2014
I searched for a thread or post about this podcast, but didn't see anything.

Anyone else been following and listening to the episodes? I'm completely hooked. It's so compelling and just absolutely intriguing.

Here's a brief summary from the podcast's site:

On January 13, 1999, a girl named Hae Min Lee, a senior at Woodlawn High School in Baltimore County, Maryland, disappeared. A month later, her body turned up in a city park. She'd been strangled. Her 17-year-old ex-boyfriend, Adnan Syed, was arrested for the crime, and within a year, he was convicted and sentenced to spend the rest of his life in prison. The case against him was largely based on the story of one witness, Adnan’s friend Jay, who testified that he helped Adnan bury Hae's body. But Adnan has always maintained he had nothing to do with Hae’s death. Some people believe he’s telling the truth. Many others don’t.

Sarah Koenig, who hosts Serial, first learned about this case more than a year ago. In the months since, she's been sorting through box after box (after box) of legal documents and investigators' notes, listening to trial testimony and police interrogations, and talking to everyone she can find who remembers what happened between Adnan Syed and Hae Min Lee fifteen years ago. What she realized is that the trial covered up a far more complicated story, which neither the jury nor the public got to hear. The high school scene, the shifting statements to police, the prejudices, the sketchy alibis, the scant forensic evidence - all of it leads back to the most basic questions: How can you know a person’s character? How can you tell what they’re capable of? In Season One of Serial, she looks for answers.

I provided some helpful links below:

Podcast: www.serialpodcast.org

Reddit: www.reddit.com/r/serialpodcast/
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:04 PM 01-09-2015
Interesting new theory circulating on reddit that Jay may have been an informant. Apparently page 4 of his plea deal has ' narcotics unit' listed for state signature and verbiage in the deal states that he has to cooperate whenever they want, and not just in the syed trial.

Curiouser and curiouser.

And would explain why he has so inexplicably never done time for anything.
[Reply]
noa 03:18 PM 01-09-2015
Him being an informant would also help explain why the prosecutor set him up with a lawyer.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:25 PM 01-09-2015
Originally Posted by noa:
Him being an informant would also help explain why the prosecutor set him up with a lawyer.
Posted via Mobile Device
A lawyer who is still providing services for him today. She set up the intercept interview.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:28 PM 01-09-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Interesting new theory circulating on reddit that Jay may have been an informant. Apparently page 4 of his plea deal has ' narcotics unit' listed for state signature and verbiage in the deal states that he has to cooperate whenever they want, and not just in the syed trial.

Curiouser and curiouser.

And would explain why he has so inexplicably never done time for anything.
I thought about this when they had talked to Don and he commented about how the prosecution was angry with him because he didn't implicate Adnan in his testimony.
[Reply]
Buck 10:29 PM 01-09-2015
I wonder if the popularity of this series will push Dateline NBC into doing some serialized series. Maybe 6 hour long episodes of the craziest stories. I don't know if it would work for TV.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:48 PM 01-20-2015
Asia McClain speaks: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015...new-affidavit/

Urick is looking worse than ever.
[Reply]
Silock 07:07 PM 01-20-2015
Yeah, that guy . . . even if Adnan is guilty, he's a shit prosecutor if even half of this shit is true.
[Reply]
Pushead2 07:58 AM 01-21-2015
Originally Posted by Silock:
Yeah, that guy . . . even if Adnan is guilty, he's a shit prosecutor if even half of this shit is true.
Do you guys follow the evidence professor's blog? He was saying now that she stepped forward, his case for state & circuit has a huge shot of retrial but on a federal level - it's diminished.

With her coming forward, it's now or never I'm afraid for Adnan.

Here's the link: http://lawprofessors.typepad.com/evi...-murderin.html
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 07:02 AM 02-08-2015
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...207-story.html

Originally Posted by :
The Maryland Court of Special Appeals on Friday agreed to hear his case after two unsuccessful attempts to appeal his conviction over the past 12 years.
I just finished season 1 of Serial on Friday. It was fantastic and intriguing.
Koenig manipulates you a bit by focusing on reasons Adnan might be innocent at the beginning. Then opens episode 5(?), I think, with a "Well, I've been holding back these several things that make Adnan look guilty."

Like most, it feels like the prosecutors case was probably too weak for convicting Adnan. Not that you'd ever want to end up facing a jury trial anyway but some of the juror's comments definitely reinforced that feeling.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 06:15 PM 02-19-2015
I listened to the whole thing 2 times. Whether Adnan is innocent, I don't know. However, from what I have seen/heard there is no way I would have been able to convict him.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:23 PM 02-19-2015
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
I listened to the whole thing 2 times. Whether Adnan is innocent, I don't know. However, from what I have seen/heard there is no way I would have been able to convict him.
That's where I'm at. I have trouble believing that he wasn't involved at all, but no way was there evidence beyond a reasonable doubt.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:20 PM 02-19-2015
I don't have any trouble believing in the possibility that he wasn't involved, because the only one who places him there is Jay, and Jay's testimony jumps around so much that I don't think there's any way to ascertain what's true and what's not.

Which isn't to say that Adnan wasn't involved, but I don't know how anyone could be convinced that he was at this point, based on the actual evidence. The phone pings are garbage and the timeline simply doesn't work. Hell, at this point, I'm not sure Hae even died on the day in question. She may have been abducted and held. And there's no real way to say when she was buried.

And don't get me started on Urick...
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:42 PM 04-13-2015
http://undisclosed-podcast.com/episo...dnans-day.html
[Reply]
DaFace 01:48 PM 04-13-2015
Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant:
http://undisclosed-podcast.com/episo...dnans-day.html
Interesting that they're doing it, but it's hard to imagine getting into listening to it given how biased Rabia is about the whole thing.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:50 PM 04-13-2015
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Interesting that they're doing it, but it's harder to imagine getting into listening to it given how biased Rabia is about the whole thing.
I'm giving the first episode a listening right now. I don't have high hopes for it because of what you said.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 16
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up